watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oh no mah

Started by Finnans Right Peg, November 09, 2019, 07:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimOG

I can't work out if he simply peaked at 17 like many do, or he's lost interest or or or....etc. What I do know is that we can't afford to play him in his current incarnation. Scott P may have left him on in the hope that some of that magic of a few years back would emerge but he simply trotted back or alongside Swansea players without putting in a tackle. Give me Cyrus or KMac for these gritty away matches. And Cav needs to find a bit of his old magic too - he's gone flat. Can see Derby line-up being our first choice. Looking forward to 6ft 4in Hector to give us a bigger presence in opposition penalty area

davew

Shame that the concensus of opinion amongst us is that he is not good enough, did he want to come and play for us in the first place, did he have any choice?  He has the athletic build, must have been rated by his former club, who was it again (lol). We have wasted a lot more money in the last couple of years buying players, ok I will remain patient, we did win again!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Southcoastffc

I really would like him to succeed (as I do all players in a Fulham shirt) and he did some decent things tonight, especially in the 2nd half, but he just looks like a young guy with some energy who's agreed to make up the numbers in a mate's football team.  And please don't say that he 'contributed' to the second goal - he miskicked horribly.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

davew

A quality player would have scored not fallen over and a fortunate miss pass to Mitro to score, please don´t give him a credit of an assist, but I will!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woodlawn

Inept performance again,can't pass very little ball control  IMO he would struggle with a 2nd division team.

bahay18

I was desperate for him to have a good
Moment that might provide a spring board confidence moment . The ' assist ' for Mitro
Was hide behind the sofa stuff ( thank god for Mitro ) . That said , he didn't hide and kept running and I really hope he has an AK style moment that fires
Him forward . I don't want any of players to fail

Barrett487

Look, i'm not a Parkerite, but i have to believe that he saw some potential in Onomah and vice versa that made him agree to signing, and that  the player saw a path of progression in him. Five years from now we may be lauding his skills.

fulhamben

Quote from: Barrett487 on November 29, 2019, 10:20:16 PM
Look, i'm not a Parkerite, but i have to believe that he saw some potential in Onomah and vice versa that made him agree to signing, and that  the player saw a path of progression in him. Five years from now we may be lauding his skills.
lets hope we are lauding his skills. But our first team at the moment is not the place for him to hone them. This is a tough league and we need to be strong in every position. Granted we have lots of injuries, but we could easily jog around the team so as not to need him to start
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Barrett487

Quote from: fulhamben on November 29, 2019, 10:23:53 PM
lets hope we are lauding his skills. But our first team at the moment is not the place for him to hone them. This is a tough league and we need to be strong in every position. Granted we have lots of injuries, but we could easily jog around the team so as not to need him to start

Glass half full Ben?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 29, 2019, 10:15:08 PM
I really would like him to succeed (as I do all players in a Fulham shirt) and he did some decent things tonight, especially in the 2nd half, but he just looks like a young guy with some energy who's agreed to make up the numbers in a mate's football team.  And please don't say that he 'contributed' to the second goal - he miskicked horribly.

Did you miss how he intercepted the Swansea (poor) pass?    THAT was how he contributed to the goal, not the missed kick.

Carborundum

A win against play off contenders.  Away from home.  He's obviously not relaxed and settled, but it's not stopped us getting all three. He may yet prove an important player for us this season.  Patience needed.  No need to rush to judgement. 

He reminds me of Ollie Norwood, who took ages to get the hang of our passing patterns.  Did alright for us, doing even better for Sheffield. 

4 wins in 4. Didn't see that coming as they trudged off after Hull. Couldn't see us getting 4 points in the next 4.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 29, 2019, 10:26:53 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 29, 2019, 10:15:08 PM

Did you miss how he intercepted the Swansea (poor) pass?    THAT was how he contributed to the goal, not the missed kick.
True. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

Quote from: Barrett487 on November 29, 2019, 10:25:30 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 29, 2019, 10:23:53 PM

Glass half full Ben?
recent results have started to make it seem that way. Really hope we start to close the gap soon though as I hated the play offs. Yes it was fantastic once the final whistle had gone, but my god I was so nervous from the first leg at derby, that I just felt sick to my stomach for weeks. I so want autos this year, which is why I'm being a little impatient with Onomah. I don't feel it's the right time to take a punt on him, especially as he appears to offer very little, from the few occassions that he has played. I couldn't even tell you what I think he's natural position could be, or even what his strengths are other than being a lump
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jeremyfulham

Give him a break , he intercepted for the 2nd goal .

Nick Bateman

The mere fact this thread has sprung up after a Fulham victory, and despite Omomah's interception for Fulham's first goal, shows the widely held view so many Fulham supporters observe. Surely Parker will smell the coffee??
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Statto

Far from terrible IMO - acceptable performance given he's a stand-in and probably only playing because Reed, Reid and Arter are all out

Nonetheless he was a level (or two) below the rest of our front 6 tonight

And actually, he was given a full 90 minutes to show his stuff and I'm not even sure he did enough to stay ahead of McDonald in the pecking order

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on November 29, 2019, 11:04:22 PM
Far from terrible IMO - acceptable performance given he's a stand-in and probably only playing because Reed, Reid and Arter are all out

And actually, he was given a full 90 minutes to show his stuff and I'm not even sure he did enough to stay ahead of McDonald in the pecking order

I generally agree with this, although have to point out that he only got 80 or so minutes (I know that's kind of beside the point). I was not impressed with either Cairney or Kamara generally today however, especially first half. Didn't think Onomah was much worse than them. In my book Onomah was one of several players not impressing me. I do however know that the others can play better, but have still to see that from Onomah.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 29, 2019, 11:10:19 PM

I generally agree with this, although have to point out that he only got 80 or so minutes (I know that's kind of beside the point). I was not impressed with either Cairney or Kamara generally today however, especially first half. Didn't think Onomah was much worse than them. In my book Onomah was one of several players not impressing me. I do however know that the others can play better, but have still to see that from Onomah.

Hmmm, there must have been 10+ occasions that Cairney received the ball in a crowded position and used his skill and ball control to make the space for a good pass. I'm not sure Onomah did that even once. I know it's all about opinions but I'm sure the footage would back up that contrast.

FFC1987

Wasn't overly impressed. Felt like a passenger at times but can't be too critical. He didn't do enough to warrant praise but still worked hard and put himself about. We have better and I don't feel took his chance really.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on November 29, 2019, 11:18:48 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on November 29, 2019, 11:10:19 PM

Hmmm, there must have been 10+ occasions that Cairney received the ball in a crowded position and used his skill and ball control to make the space for a good pass. I'm not sure Onomah did that even once. I know it's all about opinions but I'm sure the footage would back up that contrast.

You may well be correct, especially as that sounds exactly like he usually plays. Couldn't really watch the game as closely as I would have liked since I also had work to do. So more of a general impression. Wasn't impressed by the lack of protection for the back 4 for the first 30 minutes or so especially.