more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Colin's gone

Started by PhilEsh, November 11, 2019, 05:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilEsh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50380702

Cardiff City have parted company with manager Neil Warnock.

The 70-year-old was in the final year of his contract at Cardiff City Stadium and has said he would not carry on beyond the end of this season.

Warnock was appointed in October 2016 and after Sunday's home loss to Bristol City leaves with Cardiff 14th in the Championship.

Cardiff have begun the search for a replacement and an announcement "will be made in due course".

Warnock, who has been in management since 1980, leaves the Bluebirds after 144 games in charge, with 59 wins, 29 draws and 56 defeats.

In his second season with Cardiff he guided them to promotion to the Premier League in the 2017-18 campaign, although they were relegated after just one season in the top flight.

Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman said: "On behalf of Cardiff City Football Club, I thank Neil for his invaluable contribution to the future of this great club.

"He not only gained promotion in his first season but played a pivotal role in uniting the fans and the club. I am personally upset by his departure and wish him the very best for the future."

More to follow.

junior white

Good, one less anti football over physical coach around

Jim©

Weird, when I was watching the game yesterday i thought he looked really unbothered (for him) about the whole thing.
Impressive career and always had the knack of making a crap group of players perform pretty well.

Buffalo76

Good riddance. An ugly stain on the game.
That's it and that's all.

Fernhurst

Joka next in????

Have to teach the likes of Patterson and Sean Morrisonhow to play football first !
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

PhilEsh

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 11, 2019, 05:33:23 PM
Joka next in????

Have to teach the likes of Patterson and Sean do da how to play football first !

Could be a good route back in to UK Football, and he's got the track record to back their aspirations.

Nero

I hear Colin coming here to take over once Parker loses a game  086.gif

Milo

Mince n Tatties

I like him.
Would have loved to have seen him deck Klopp
on the touchline..lol
People on here too quick to judge,you'd be surprised how much money he's donated to Hillside Horse and animal Sanctuary outside Norwich over the years.
Its patron Martin Shaw (actor) told me this at a meeting there once.
So for what he done there Colin is alright in my book.🐴🐴🐴😺😺😺😺😿🐈🐕🐕🐕🐩🐇🐇

bog

4th officials will be sleeping better tonight ....  :005:

092.gif

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bog on November 11, 2019, 07:34:07 PM
4th officials will be sleeping better tonight ....  :005:

092.gif

lol.😊

ScalleysDad

He has strong links with Cornwall and I saw him once on a beach near Perranporth with his tribe. A bit like Ian Holloway, who we used to see about the place, Warnock had a bit of a reputation but away from football and the cameras he is all about his kids and gran kids.
So who has a vacancy then??????????????

Bassey the warrior

hovewhite

Enjoy your life Colin,he may not be liked but think he's ok myself.

St Eve

I thought he was a good manager. Managed to make bad teams and crappy players good. Had loads of passion as well. As manger of Sheffield United he only got relegated because West Ham cheated. I can't stand Cardiff but he certainly did a great job for them

KJS

Quote from: St Eve on November 11, 2019, 09:31:00 PM
I thought he was a good manager. Managed to make bad teams and crappy players good. Had loads of passion as well. As manger of Sheffield United he only got relegated because West Ham cheated. I can't stand Cardiff but he certainly did a great job for them

Colin stated that Sheff Utd got relegated because Rafa fielded a weak team v FFC that is why a lot of Fulham fans hate the knob!

St Eve

Quote from: KJS on November 11, 2019, 09:47:42 PM

Colin stated that Sheff Utd got relegated because Rafa fielded a weak team v FFC that is why a lot of Fulham fans hate the knob!
I think it was a little weaker but he was actually trying to sue West Ham

RaySmith

0001.jpeg

toshes mate

With forty years of management behind him the guy has no mean ability especially when it comes to over achieving teams and promotions.  I have always liked his passion for his teams.  A real character no matter whether you like him or loathe him and football needs as many characters as it can manage.

Burt

He actually oversaw 8 promotions over his managerial career, which is really quite impressive.