more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well done Cyrus Christie

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, November 09, 2019, 05:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 12, 2019, 10:35:30 AM
Statto, I can name several positions we don't have that level of quality cover (GK - Rodak & Betts, LB - Bryan only, #8 box to box CM - Stefjo (Arter a better #6) and LW Kebano only (as Knockaert and Cav are better on the RW). Where is the depth in these positions?

My issue was that MJG's list included a youth player who's never played competitive football (Fossey) and a midfielder who's played barely a handful of career games at RB (Reed). In reality, we only have 3 first team options at RB -

Sessegnon, Christie and Odoi

We have at least that level of cover in all the positions you've mentioned

LB - Bryan, Ream, Odoi, MLM
CM - Johansen, Onomah, Reed, Arter, Cisse, McDonald, Cairney, Reid 
LW - Cavaleiro, Kebano, Knockaert (who is left-footed BTW), Reid...

JEEVES

Quote from: Statto on November 12, 2019, 12:06:56 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 12, 2019, 10:35:30 AM
Statto, I can name several positions we don't have that level of quality cover (GK - Rodak & Betts, LB - Bryan only, #8 box to box CM - Stefjo (Arter a better #6) and LW Kebano only (as Knockaert and Cav are better on the RW). Where is the depth in these positions?

My issue was that MJG's list included a youth player who's never played competitive football (Fossey) and a midfielder who's played barely a handful of career games at RB (Reed). In reality, we only have 3 first team options at RB -

Sessegnon, Christie and Odoi

We have at least that level of cover in all the positions you've mentioned

LB - Bryan, Ream, Odoi, MLM
CM - Johansen, Onomah, Reed, Arter, Cisse, McDonald, Cairney, Reid 
LW - Cavaleiro, Kebano, Knockaert (who is left-footed BTW), Reid...

I genuinely cannot bare the thought of either Ream or MLM at left back, I don't know why we still go on like they are a decent option there..

Pluto

Decent player at this level. The stick he got was always unwarranted but fans always seem to love having a bogeyman to slate (see also: Senderos back in the day)