watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It’s a year ago today

Started by Friendsoffulham, November 11, 2019, 09:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Since Slavisa Jokanovic's last game in charge of Fulham FC.

Jokanović lasted just over six months at Maccabi Tel Aviv, before he elected to return to the Championship, joining Fulham on 27 December 2015 as head coach. After avoiding relegation by 11 points, he achieved his target of a top six position for his first full season at Craven Cottage.

Jokanović led Fulham to promotion by beating Aston Villa 1–0 at Wembley Stadium on 26 May 2018 in the play-off final. On 14 November, however, after seven consecutive winless results and with the team ranking last, he was dismissed and replaced by Claudio Ranieri.

What were your fond memories of Slaviša in charge?

jamesffc

Sgt Fulham

He's still a genius in my mind. Give him a top team with top players and I think he could really shine.

St Eve

Allestree andy

what a christmas present that would be   :wow: :wow: :wow: 0001.jpeg 051
To the limit and beyond

Fulham76

Where is he these days? I thought he went to a club in Qatar but he doesn't appear to have managed a single game since us, according to Wikipedia anyway.

We'll never know but can't help thinking he'd have won the championship with the squad we have this season. Imagine the slick, attacking play he'd get this squad playing - frightening in the championship.

Asotosyios

Big fan of Jokanovic. I wanted him to be our own Dyche, but it was not meant to be.

He is indeed in Qatar - his team is third after 10 games; 6 points off the first and 2 off the second.

toshes mate

As good a professional as you are ever likely to meet he is the sort of coach supporters wish for but football owners must be really wary of because he isn't a 'yes man'.  The hard work he put into the teams under his control at FFC was so easy to spot when they played well and almost invisible when they didn't, but he always gave me that optimism that a solution would appear sooner rather than later.  I'd be surprised if the Club ever found someone better to manage a team and provide such watchable football because his type do not grow on trees or lurk around the coaching course output.  Privileged to have witnessed his output for FFC and sad it was all over too soon.

bog

He gave us some wonderful times that have now become lifelong memories, I would have him back today. If not for him as well we would not have Mitro.  Thanks Slav.  :54:

092.gif 

Maidstone Lee

I wish we had stuck with him even if he couldn't have saved us from relegation.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

bog

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on November 12, 2019, 12:48:58 PM
I wish we had stuck with him even if he couldn't have saved us from relegation.
[/quote

+1]

ByTheRiver

I step off the train..
I'm walking down your street again...
And past your door, but you don't live there anymore.
It's years since you've been there...
Now you've disappeared somewhere (like outer space)
You've found some better place

And I miss you...
Like the deserts miss the rain...

Love ya, big man x

bobbo

Yeah I go along with all yer comments. What a rough deal he got , bunch of very , not good enough players thrust on him , and when they prove to be inept he gets the push.

Mr Kahn have a massive slice of humble pie and invite him back.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

MikeW

Quote from: bobbo on November 12, 2019, 05:12:28 PM
Yeah I go along with all yer comments. What a rough deal he got , bunch of very , not good enough players thrust on him , and when they prove to be inept he gets the push.

Mr Kahn have a massive slice of humble pie and invite him back.

But he won't.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Forever Fulham

A true manager.  A good one.  Miss him.

filham

None of us know the facts of how it was decided to spend that £100m over the summer, it suits us to believe our hero Jocanovic played no part in it and that the Chairman and his Stats man were totally responsible.. It  is not realistic that a Head coach was not consulted, no chairman would be that foolish, I suspect that Jocanovic had an input into those bad buys and that all Championship and Premier league clubs are aware of this, which may account for him not yet picking up another job.

No doubt of course that Jocanovic was a great coach and he will always be remembered for giving us that great play off day at Wembley, at times though a little more flexibility may have helped.

Penfold

Quote from: filham on November 12, 2019, 06:12:01 PM
None of us know the facts of how it was decided to spend that £100m over the summer, it suits us to believe our hero Jocanovic played no part in it and that the Chairman and his Stats man were totally responsible.. It  is not realistic that a Head coach was not consulted, no chairman would be that foolish, I suspect that Jocanovic had an input into those bad buys and that all Championship and Premier league clubs are aware of this, which may account for him not yet picking up another job.

No doubt of course that Jocanovic was a great coach and he will always be remembered for giving us that great play off day at Wembley, at times though a little more flexibility may have helped.

I would say that the chairman's only involvement was authorising the release of cash for the signings. Shad doesn't interfere in who we try to sign to the best of my knowledge. The DOF does.

ALG01

when slav left he was careful with his words... I am sure his payoff meant he had to be cautious. But there was no doubt he was absolutely not responsible for the shambles of a squad that was put together.

toshes mate

None of us know the facts of how it was decided to spend that £100m over the summer, it suits us to believe our hero Jokanovic played no part in it and that the Chairman and his Stats man were totally responsible.. It  is not realistic that a Head coach was not consulted, no chairman would be that foolish, I suspect that Jokanovic had an input into those bad buys and that all Championship and Premier league clubs are aware of this, which may account for him not yet picking up another job.

No doubt of course that Jokanovic was a great coach ... at times though a little more flexibility may have helped.
Jokanovic's first true transfer window coincided with TK and CK holding the recruitment reins and Jokanovic was quick to let it be known he was not included in process.  He let the pair of them get on with it and put his energy into turning what he was given into something useful with no mean success.  That suggests a lot of flexibility by our Serbian coach given MR also left for pastures new at the time of the Martin scandal.  I don't think Jokanovic put a foot wrong in his professional dealings with the Khans and that it was their furtive work behind the scenes that destabilised matters post promotion not Jokanovic.  As I said earlier Jokanovic is not a yes man and that is something it appears one or both of the Khans cannot handle, which, in my opinion, will always be a shame.