watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aston Villa v Fulham FA Cup 4th Rd 1998/99

Started by Friendsoffulham, November 11, 2019, 11:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Was there that day... Funny how I remembered that Hayward free kick as a rocket into the top corner rather than an ugly deflection!

My second favourite non-Europa League game (after Carlisle away two years earlier)

Thanks for posting

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on November 12, 2019, 12:00:28 AM
Was there that day... Funny how I remembered that Hayward free kick as a rocket into the top corner rather than an ugly deflection!

My second favourite non-Europa League game (after Carlisle away two years earlier)

Thanks for posting
i was there too, and the thing I remember most, is that villas best chance to score was when Taylor nearly kicked it in his own net. My heart dropped when he started scrambling for it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I celebrated the win on the Monday in the sauna at Cheam Baths with Simon Morgan's wife
Now there's a thought!

Dodger53

We managed to get some tickets for the middle of their family stand because we had children with us, they hated the fact that a blue nose scored the first goal and we made the mistake of clapping them off at half time. Family stand or not the clapping gave us away as Fulham, just managed to talk our way into staying to the end by promising to be quiet.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Statto on November 12, 2019, 12:00:28 AM

Thanks for posting

Also there that day - recall Villa were actually top of the premier at the time but we completely outplayed them. Afterwards we got back to the Golden Lion and drunkenly asked random passers by if they knew the Villa result!

The Swan

I was at that game with my wife. Our best friends who still are Villa season ticket holders gave us their tickets for the game.
We met up before the game and as we were sitting in his seats in the Villa home fans area he said to be before the game, In the unlikely event of Fulham scoring that we must not jump up and cheer.
Well we did score and how I kept still for the first goal I will never know.
It was worst when we scored the second . I just sat there biting my finger as our players celebrated.

When we met up with our friends after the game he said how proud he was of me for not jumping up and down when we scored.
He would have lost his season ticket if the security found out that away fans were in the main Villa stand.
What a day.
We are still friends with them and we meet up every six weeks in Stratford upon Avon.

Thanks for posting this clip on the message board.
The Swan

bog

I wish I had have been there. I think Collymore had failed to turn up for them.  049:gif

092.gif

WokingFFC

How I wish we could take corners like that these days - always liked Hayward, a workhorse for the team

Mince n Tatties

Also there,great to see again.
Wish we'd take cup serious again,want to see
us lift the trophy just once would be nice.

Mince n Tatties

Maik Taylor was a good keeper,wasn't he.
Underrated by the press a lot.

bobbo

Me too , I was there , I've never been able to remember bits of play in games though.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

fcfulham55

This is ancient!! I was a little old nipper back in those days.  Great to see it in colour.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

ALG01

i was there too. steve hayward was very underated by many of our fans. i remeber he was man of the match when we won at carlisle, he stood out like a sore thumb... but if you recall he played for them at the time.
great day, one of the best and a sort of absolute realisation, if not before, we were on our way to the prem with a chairman that absolutely knew what needed to be done and just did it!

SP

What a great day that was, we had thousands up there.  Interesting to see the different corners we used, each of them posing a different threat.

Jim©

I've always thought that it must be one of the reasons that they don't like us.
They were top of the prem and looking good. After we beat them they struggled and I think didn't win for 17 games or something??!

What a day, celebrations at half time (even in the bogs) were funny!!

peter w

Quote from: Jim© on November 14, 2019, 09:37:28 AM
They were top of the prem and looking good. After we beat them they struggled and I think didn't win for 17 games or something??!

We don't like you? Other than acknowledging you as a quaint club, in a great setting, and a great place for a pint before and after the game, you aren't on our radar.

Dr Know

Quote from: peter w on November 21, 2019, 07:44:26 AM

We don't like you? Other than acknowledging you as a quaint club, in a great setting, and a great place for a pint before and after the game, you aren't on our radar.
As a matter of interest, we're you one of the 10,000 villa fans that were supposedly gonna be in the Fulham end when we beat you 1-0 at Wembley in the playoffs, but never turned up !

peter w

Quote from: Dr Know on November 21, 2019, 09:49:22 AM
Quote from: peter w on November 21, 2019, 07:44:26 AM

As a matter of interest, we're you one of the 10,000 villa fans that were supposedly gonna be in the Fulham end when we beat you 1-0 at Wembley in the playoffs, but never turned up !

Yawn.

Jim©

Are you on all the other 91 league clubs fans forums then Peter?