News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

To Think Not Long Ago(These Were All League Clubs)

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 13, 2019, 07:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Notts County
Yeovil
Barrow
Halifax Town
Hartlepool
Stockport County
Wrexham
Torquay United
Aldershot
Chesterfield
Barnet
York City
Chester
Darlington
Hereford United
Gateshead
Southport
Workington
Amazing how many there are that have dropped out of league into National, and in the cases of some above further down the pyramid.
And in some cases they've gone completely like Bury.

Fulham76

Some regular game's for us on that list in years gone by.

RaySmith

Didn't realise  so many  famous  names have dropped out of the league.

Whitestone

Bradford Park Avenue plus a few non league clubs who were promoted hung around for years before being relegated.

Kidderminster Harriers, Boston United, Rushden and Diamonds.

Also Scarborough. I remember going there in the Mickey Adams promotion season. It was the Saturday before Christmas, fans with festive hats and can recall Jimmy Hill arriving at ground in his Jag.

Mince n Tatties

I can't get my head around Notts County being non league, and Chesterfield and Stockport a few years ago on the verge of nearly getting into Championship.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 13, 2019, 07:10:09 AM
Notts County
Yeovil
Barrow
Halifax Town
Hartlepool
Stockport County
Wrexham
Torquay United
Aldershot
Chesterfield
Barnet
York City
Chester
Darlington
Hereford United
Gateshead
Southport
Workington
Amazing how many there are that have dropped out of league into National, and in the cases of some above further down the pyramid.
And in some cases they've gone completely like Bury.

Done a number of great away days or away weekends to some of those. York City was a personal favourite. Absolutely love the city of York.

toshes mate

Better to have a pyramid beyond the Football League than to have clubs becoming extinct whether they are in the FL or not.  Aldershot is another team that flirted with league status for a while.

bog

With me long gone father we went to Haig Avenue in 1968 for an FA Cup 3rd round tie. Won 3-1. I always keep an eye  on these clubs to see how they are doing. Darlington is another. George Reynolds wiped them out. Only supporters got them going again.  :54:

092.gif     

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bog on November 13, 2019, 09:48:46 AM
With me long gone father we went to Haig Avenue in 1968 for an FA Cup 3rd round tie. Won 3-1. I always keep an eye  on these clubs to see how they are doing. Darlington is another. George Reynolds wiped them out. Only supporters got them going again.  :54:

092.gif     

Yes he had grand plans for them 30,000 stadium when really they had no chance,with Newcastle, Sunderland and Boro almost on their doorstep.

Holders

Newport regularly used to finish bottom of Div 4 and get re-elected until, I think, the rules were changed.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria