Main Menu

Piazon

Started by terryr, November 15, 2019, 10:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Anyone know where he ended up?
I quite liked him

BigbadBillyMcKinley

By the power vested in google, he plays in Portugal.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Carborundum

Funnily enough, I was thinking about him and the splendid diving header he scored against Bristol City in the league cup a few years ago.  What brought that about was Tammy Abraham, who scored the winner that night, playing and scoring for England.  Because that night I predicted Tammy Abraham would one day play for England.  Which I know doesn't exactly make me Nostradamus.  But there we are.

Liked Piazon, but he always gave the impression that we might be able to find a player just a bit better in whatever position he played.

Jim©

He was one of those seemingly average players that very often had a direct bearing on the game (a goal or assist every 65 mins of his time at FFC- that's sensational).

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Jim© on November 15, 2019, 03:13:24 PM
He was one of those seemingly average players that very often had a direct bearing on the game (a goal or assist every 65 mins of his time at FFC- that's sensational).

Always said he was a player who seemingly did nothing all game, and then he'd touch the ball and goal somehow. A bit of a mystery, because I didn't rate him at all, but there it is. A case of stats not telling the full story, or the eyes not seeing what stats tell you? Who knows - we've seen that argument enough on here!  :dead horse:

MikeW

Still one of the seemingly endless line of players on Chelsea's books without ever getting a sniff of the first team ... or feeder team's for that matter.

Agree with others though - unfulfilled potential although he no doubt makes a decent living out of it!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

terryr

I seem to remember he was starting to come into himself when a goon from Leeds broke his leg

filham

Can't think of an outstanding game he played for us, distinctly average.

Jims Dentist

For me his best moment was his late equaliser at Reading.

john dempsey

Quote from: TerryR on November 15, 2019, 05:29:02 PM
I seem to remember he was starting to come into himself when a goon from Leeds broke his leg
don't know if breaking his leg was justified but if he was doing that on the pitch he should of
been arrested.as harry enfield would say, DIRTY BOY....