watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from QPR

Started by terryr, November 20, 2019, 10:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

I've been travelling quite a bit of late and haven't been able to do much in the way of posts. Given I have 5 days in Dubai , I figured I'd take a crack at a view from via QPR

" Friday night live on Sky, away from home local derby - has to be 6-1 to the other lot."

" Fulham 5 QPR 1"

" Foolham 4 QPR 0"

" Here endeth the curse of Sky
1-2 Superhoopsa"

" 1-1"

" Fulham 3 - 2 QPR"

" Fulham 2 qpr 0"

" Fulham 3 QPR 1"

" Mitrovic: suspended for our game at Fulham .
Does it make any difference?
."

"I'd definitely rather play them without him. He's the best goal poacher in the Championship and would probably have a field day against our defence."

" Good. His goal celebration does my nut in"

" Looks like he's played every minute of every game so far, so hopefully his replacement will be a bit rusty."

" It will be some 17-year-old undiscovered talent that will score a hat trick after running rings around our defence. Go on to form a devastating partnership with Mitro. Get them into the playoffs and into the Prem.
Where after one season they get relegated and he is sold to Arsenal for £15m, while Eze goes in the summer for a mere £6.2m with fantasy add-ons that will never occur."   

" they get relegated and he is sold to Arsenal for £15m,
I agree though they're a farm team for Spurs not Arse"

" Doesn't this now mean the pacey Kamara will be up against the wheelchair mob masquerading as a Championship defence for us?
If we get a clean sheet here I may eat my hat that I'm saving for the training ground construction.
Looking forward to the away trip though"

" Kamara has, of course, not scored in any of his 9 appearances for Fulham this season..."

"  it was mentioned that we would have a player coming back from Bermuda to play on a Friday.
Surely Fulham will have several who have been on international duty?"

" I think everyone should remember that this is on Sky. We would get beaten by an over 90s team that died in their 80s on Sky. Even 11 one legged blind parrots nailed to a perch would beat us on Sky. I mean, beautiful plumage but they'd still beat us.
I hate Sky Sport so much!"

" It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope."

" Tfft.
Probably only concede 4 now."

" And so is our Cameron"

" We won't lose !................................................. There I've said it, very confident......................"

" I reckon BFG would have relished butting heads with Mitrovic - would have been fun to watch the physical battle between the two bruisers. Bet we'd cope better with Mitrovic than some nippy replacement they'll probably chuck in."

" On his day mitro is mustard I'm glad he's sitting this one out"

" Only 1900 tickets and it doesn't say initial allocation, no chance if under 1000 points"

" I suppose they've cut back on number of tickets allocated to away teams whilst Riverside stand is redeveloped and they're presumably rehousing their dislocated fans in the Putney end?"

" Walked past CC today a large section of Riverside stand has been dismantled"

" Anyone actually looking forward to going after last night's debacle? Might struggle to shift the 1900 and they end up on general sale and pay on the gate."

" If we were on a 10 match losing stretch it would still be embarrassing if we didn't sell out, yet alone because we lost to Brentford and sit a couple of points off play offs
I have 500 points so I'm hoping it gets time that. I'll be going by myself though but its Fulham so no excuse to not make it."

" Just 130 restricted view seats remain."

" Hopefully the restricted view saves you from seeing all the goals that Fulham put past us.."

" Did they not just get beat at home 3-0 by Hull.?"

" Yeah and before that drew with Boro and before that lost to Stoke. Oh the beat Looton in between."

" Saw craven cottage yesterday looks like the whole of the Riverside stand is down"

" Seen the drawings and mock ups of the new stand. Fair play to them, it looks smart and bumps their capacity up to 30K I think. We are getting left behind by every team around us I'm afraid. Over the 40-odd years LR has remained unchanged and with nothing firm on the horizon Brentford/Fulham will soon be upgraded, Chelsea been rebuilt, Spurs/Arsenal/Millwall/West Ham all in new grounds and Valley much improved. It's only us and Palace who seem to be stuck in cramped antiquated stadia."

" AFC Wimbledon have started building as well"

"All tickets gone"

"If results don't improve soon
Maybe try and get Mauricio Pochettino, I bet he would like to stay in London?"

That's all I could find today. I'll check back tomorrow and update if there's anything of note

Updated below

" QPR MUST MAKE SURE TO CAPITALISE ON FULHAM SUSPENSION THIS FRIDAY: COMMENT

QPR face Fulham on Friday night, in what is set to be a cracking game of football under the lights at Craven Cottage.
Mark Warburton is in charge of the R's and he's done a terrific job with the side so far this season as they sit in the top half of the table after the first 16 games of the new campaign.
They actually had a very good start to the season and were flying until a recent run of results has seen the side drop out of the play-off places.
On Friday, it's another tough game for the R's as they travel to Fulham but there is reason to be optimistic due to a suspension to Scott Parker's side.
Aleksandar Mitrovic is the current top scorer of the Championship and he has been absolutely sensational so far this season. However, he's suspended for the fixture because he picked up his fifth yellow card of the season in the away victory at Birmingham before the international break.
It's a huge loss for the Cottagers but a massive gain for QPR as they still look for their first clean sheet of the campaign after a remarkable start without any. They now have a brilliant chance to record one away from home, as Mitrovic has scored 50% of Fulham's goals so far this season."

" Head to Head

https://www.11v11.com/teams/queens-p...sition/Fulham/
Games won:   14
Games drawn:   7
Games lost:   16

" Our record against Fulham is pretty poor.
Only 2 wins in the last 14 meetings over the last 20 years."

" Mark Warburton has urged that expectations be kept realistic for his QPR side this season as they get ready for another derby game with local rivals Fulham.
The R's sit 10th in the Championship as they head to Craven Cottage on Friday evening, having picked up a 2-2 draw at home to Middlesbrough before the international break.
Scott Parker's Fulham, meanwhile, are two points above Rangers in seventh and beat Birmingham 1-0 in their last game.
Warburton believes his side should be in a higher league position based on their performances this season but does not want expectations to get carried away.
"It's all about expectations being realistic," he said after the draw with Middlesbrough.
"We want to finish as high as we possibly can. We should be higher but you look at a couple of recent things.
"I said to the players before the game (against Middlesbrough), one point out of nine looks like a poor run of form and then we get the feedback from two very, very harsh decisions in the Reading and Brentford games which adds on three or four points to their total.
"There's no lack of ambition or desire but the frustrating thing for me is that one minute you're the pundits' favourite for relegation and now it's 'why are you not in the play-off places?'
"We're human and we're a team that's evolving and developing and we're 16 games in and we're doing alright.
"We've got to keep expectations very, very positive, very real and I hope very much the supporters can see how much hard work is being done by the players.
"I'm very proud of what they've done so far. We've had a good start, we've dropped some silly points but we're right in the mix."
Defenders Yoann Barbet and Toni Leistner will be hoping they can recover from their respective injuries in time for the game.
Liam Kelly also missed out against Middlesbrough with a grade one muscle injury, which normally take around two or three weeks to recover from.
The Cottagers were dealt a huge blow in their last contest when the league's top scorer Aleksandar Mitrovic picked up his fifth yellow card of the season, meaning he will serve his one-game suspension against Rangers.
https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport...lham-1-6387037

" No Barbet or Cameron. We look light at the back again"

" no barbet or Cameron ok . So what they're hardly van Dyke and Trent AA time for players to step up"

" I really hate SKY games, we have to win this game to keep up with the rest.
Tickets were sold out really fast."

" Who starts at CB?"

" No Barbet still. No Cameron. Only leaves Hall and Leistner as the two natural CBs so not much choice really."

" Expect Wallace to be deployed on the left of a '3' also - think he's been quietly solid whilst getting up to match fitness."

" Could this perceived lack of centrebackery be a piece of cunning Woodgate-esque misinformation?"

" No"

" You think Wells will start? Fresh from his Mexico sojourn, albeit having played at altitude."

" I think its more the fact that theres 12 in my team thats the problem! But to be honest I think he'll be too tempted to start Wells in the form hes in and play him for an hour"

" Lummers
Leistner Hall Wallace
Kane Ball Amos Manning
Eze Chair
Hugill

you heard it here first."

" 1-3 to the Fools"

" Friday night derby game on Sky has a beating all over it....hoping I have got this wrong 3-1 to the toffs   "

" The Worshipful Society for the Promotion of Fisticuffs and Oik-Thrashery (est. 1878) has convened its annual general meeting in expectation of the visit to Fulham of the local-authority-educated rotters from W12 . Dress code is smart casual and jackets may be removed during dinner."

" Don't shoot till you see the white of their socks."

" Rule 49: Obviously, those in the firm should expect their footmen not to participate and, instead, be on hand to serve refreshments and canapes. In extremis, they may be allowed to hold their masters' jackets though they are not to converse with the urban masses lest they be exposed to Bolshevik ideology."

" We've been challenged to a duel, half an hour before kick off in the park behind the Putney End. I've chosen my favourite rapier."

" Careful, some of these Fulham fans can become tetchy, especially if they found butter in their marmalade at breakfast."

" To be fair, times have changed. It's not 2018 anymore."

" If Kelly is fit for Friday does he go straight back into the starting eleven or does Joe keep his place seeing as he kept a QPR clean sheet last time out?
Lumers for me"

" Lumley, although he looked like a wet dog in the rain against Middlesbrough."

" Will it make any difference?
Not much, if any, to choose between them."

" Got to say I hate international breaks, but I wouldn't mind this one lasting. I fear for us in the next two games, which I think we'll lose both of, making six without a win, and suddenly we're going to be back into the gloomy days of people itching for a change of manager.
Really hope Warbers can dig a win from one of them."

"  I've  predicted a 4-1 defeat!
To make it worse, last night I had a dream that I weas trying to get to the game, but rain was lashing down, wind like a hurricane, a bizarre cloud came down and touched the ground and sent electricity streaking through the river, people screaming, much confusion and fear.
So. I'm not anxious or anything."

" Tarquin Boozers

Where's everyone heading? Going to be a cold one now the Riverside stand has been torn down!"

" My first game was the opening of the Riverside Stand nigh on 48 years ago."

" The Blue Boat about 4:30pm me thinks
However a bit of severe dental work on Thursday might complicate this
Warm lager may be required"

" The chancellors just round the corner from the blue boat is a great pub. I assume it's a Fulham pub though?"

" Think the away pubs are the Eight Bells and The Temperance from my memory but they're both pony. Will try and get in The Crabtree if we can"

" Previous Meetings vs Fulham;
Games won: 14
Games drawn: 7
Games lost: 16

Ones to remember;
31 Aug 1971 Fulham v Queens Park Rangers W 0-3 League Division Two
08 Sep 1979 Queens Park Rangers v Fulham W 3-0 League Division Two
02 May 1983 Queens Park Rangers v Fulham W 3-1 League Division Two

Ones to forget;
26 Jan 1929 Fulham v Queens Park Rangers L 5-0 Division Three (South)
02 Oct 1948 Fulham v Queens Park Rangers L 5-0 League Division Two
02 Oct 2011 Fulham v Queens Park Rangers L 6-0 Premier League
25 Sep 2015 Fulham v Queens Park Rangers L 4-0 League Championship

Players who have played for both;

Rodney Marsh;
1962–1966 Fulham 63 (22)
1966–1972 Queens Park Rangers 211 (106)

Dean Coney

1980–1987 Fulham 211 (56)
1987–1989 Queens Park Rangers 48 (7)

Paul Parker;
1982–1987 Fulham 153 (2)
1987–1991 Queens Park Rangers 125 (1)
1997 Fulham 3 (0)

Rufus Brevett;
1991–1998 Queens Park Rangers 153 (1)
1998–2003 Fulham 175 (1)

Lee Cook;
2002–2003 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 13 (1)
2004–2007 Queens Park Rangers 119 (9)
2007–2009 Fulham 0 (0)
2008–2009 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 23 (1)
2009–2012 Queens Park Rangers 27 (1)

Andrew Johnson;
2008–2012 Fulham 86 (13)
2012–2014 Queens Park Rangers 20 (2)

Adel Taarabt;
2009 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 7 (1)
2009–2010 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 41 (7)
2010–2015 Queens Park Rangers 109 (26)
2013–2014 → Fulham (loan) 12 (0)

Zesh Rehman;
2003–2006 Fulham 30 (1)
2006–2009 Queens Park Rangers 50 (0)

Bobby Zamora;
2008–2012 Fulham 91 (20)
2012–2015 Queens Park Rangers 83 (12)
Did I hear you ask which club he scored the most important goal for? Well...as you asked;"

" Match Preview;
Fulham's last home game was a 0-3 loss to 12th place Hull City...that is the only hope I can offer in preparation for this one. Other than that, the Cottagers have been in good form this year and find themselves in 7th place. Their main striker, Mitrovic, is the league's top scorer on 12 goals, 4 ahead of our top scorer, Nahki Wells. They've conceded 17 goals so far, that is 13 goals less than us.
Those stats, on top of the fact it is a Friday night game, live on sky, means that I have little hope for this one. I'll update with team news when on the official and others can add what they know..."

" Good stuff Dave nice to get back to some form of normality after the bloody international break.....
Anyway a few suggestions re players...
Paul Parker
Rufus brevett
Andy Johnson
Alan mullery.....didnt play but managed (uses term very loosely) us....."

"  Johnson, fell over for both teams"

" Mitrovic is on a one game ban, so will be out for Friday"

" Won't make any difference"

" It might he's scored half their 24 goals so far next is Carney on 5"

" Naki playing for Bermuda against Mexico which kicks off at 02:30 our time tomorrow morning......won't be back in UK until sometime on Thursday....no wonder Hoos wasn't happy with a Friday night game...
Game being played at altitude almost 9000 feet above sea level...."

" great thats all we need"

" just came back from Mexico City Monday morning. The altitude is roughly 7,500 feet above sea level. Based on the jetlag I still have, there is no way Nakki will be fully fit to play Friday night assuming he leaves there Wednesday morning. If he is selected to start, he definitely won't be 100%."

" This means that Hughill will lead the attack.
Based upon this, I would consider playing 4-2-3-1 with two genuine wide men to make the crosses for Hughill and have Eze in the no.10 slot. It would allow us to have a compact midfield and hopefully break fast on the counter attack."

" I would consider playing something like this 4-2-3-1 team:

-------------------- Lumley--------------
--Rangel ---Leistner----Hall---Wallace-
------------Ball ------------Amos----------
---BOS-------------Eze----------Manning
----------------- ----Hughill------------------

But I admit, that I have many questions marks and look forward to hearing your ideas."

" Why do they keep putting us on Sky? "

" They're sadists who enjoy seeing us spanked..."

" Oh great, an away game on Sky. I've still got the hump from our last three or four results and performances, so I would be more than happy with a point to lift the spirits back up in this tough one."

" No reason we can't wear B& W hoops with a blue short?
That kit like at Leeds again, would be ridiculous, especially given it's on TV.
Do we have a 3rd kit?"

" Yep our lovely fuschia ensemble from last season "

" Didn't realise we still had the pink kit."

" Given the home fans' previous vicious abuse of away players, I would suggest wearing bullet-proof vests....."

" How times change....
From the side that drew 2 all the last time we played at their place in March 2018 only 3 of the match day 18 are still with us.....manning, eze & Bos

Thats it for this week
COYWs!!!!!! 049:gif

Twig

Have to say that many of those comments made me chuckle, "hopefully the restricted view prevents you seeing all the goals they put past us...".
Some of them seem to have an almost Fulhamish sense of humour.

Fulham76

Confident lot aren't they?

This one could go either way. We're so inconsistent & they aren't a bad team. So I'll predict 4-1 to us or 1-3 to them.

Milo

SuffolkWhite

If they think their defence is bad, they haven't seen our yet! Expecting a real tough game and no walk over but I feel we could nick this one. At least they have shown a sense of humour.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bobbo

Thank you terry, your views from are a must for me.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

terryr

Milo

Quote from: bobbo on November 20, 2019, 05:06:02 PM
Thank you terry, your views from are a must for me.

Plus oneeee

Holders

I have to say that I'm rather surprised at them. Not only are they more literate than I'd expected but they don't seem as downbeat as one would think. Sounds like they'll be happy with a narrow-ish defeat with maybe a consolation goal.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Bill2

Thank TerryR, you at the golf?

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.