watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: choose only one.

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, November 19, 2019, 05:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

This generation is lucky enough to experience two of the greatest players of all time, in Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Now, if money was no object and they both wanted to join Fulham but we only had space for one of them, who would you sign?

Personally, I'd go for CR7. Hes been proven in 4 leagues and been the best player in each of them.

Who would you choose and why?!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

filham

Don't be taken in by their price tags and and TV build up, go for Haynes and you will not be disappointed.

WhiteJC

my best memory of CR is when he played at the Cottage, four of our players passed the ball around him, I swear he stamped his foot in frustration    064.gif

I think it was the game where Rooney got sent off however I could be mixing two games  :dft001:

PhilEsh

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 19, 2019, 05:19:03 PM
This generation is lucky enough to experience two of the greatest players of all time, in Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Now, if money was no object and they both wanted to join Fulham but we only had space for one of them, who would you sign?

Personally, I'd go for CR7. Hes been proven in 4 leagues and been the best player in each of them.

Messi - by a whisker.

His dribbiling is unreal - and it was a goal in the Copa del Rey final vs Atheltic Bilbao which swings it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-vWyK2yJs

I Ronic

Quote from: whitejc on November 19, 2019, 05:53:35 PM
my best memory of CR is when he played at the Cottage, four of our players passed the ball around him, I swear he stamped his foot in frustration    064.gif

I think it was the game where Rooney got sent off however I could be mixing two games  :dft001:

I think that was the same match John Pantsil marked him out of the game.

Cutler

Neither, that's not the Fulham way!

Penfold

Messi. Ronaldo played for Man United, Real Madrid and now Juventus. And I don't like any of those clubs 😂

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: PhilEsh on November 19, 2019, 06:12:56 PM

Messi - by a whisker.

His dribbiling is unreal - and it was a goal in the Copa del Rey final vs Atheltic Bilbao which swings it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-vWyK2yJs

Not bad. No deuce tho is he....

bobbo

Messi . To me it don't matter who they ply or played for or whether I like em or not. Just love watching the soooo unpredictable messi.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

cottage expat

Both obnoxious twats but brilliant footballers. On the basis of pure skill and inventiveness, Messi has the edge IMO.

simplyfulham

I don't mean to nit pick but it's very generous to suggest he's proven and the best player in 4 leagues.

You can have the Premier League and La Liga but it's touch and go about Serie A. He only played about a season in Portugal when he was 16/17. He was a talent yes, but not the best player in the league.

fcfulham55

Quote from: cottage expat on November 19, 2019, 09:29:59 PM
Both obnoxious twats but brilliant footballers. On the basis of pure skill and inventiveness, Messi has the edge IMO.

Does Messi come across as Obnoxious?
Sent from my Nokia 3310

New Kid on the Block

I'dn say CR, all day long. He also plays well for his country, Messi doesn't. If memory serves, Messi usually gets snuffed out when he plays against Premier League teams.

CR is very generous with his money, I hear, helping many good causes, and individuals. NFR, I know, but shows his compassionate side, too.

Mince n Tatties

Sting of the North

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on November 20, 2019, 08:13:31 AM
I'dn say CR, all day long. He also plays well for his country, Messi doesn't. If memory serves, Messi usually gets snuffed out when he plays against Premier League teams.

CR is very generous with his money, I hear, helping many good causes, and individuals. NFR, I know, but shows his compassionate side, too.

Memory seem to not serve well on this occasion if we base the assessment on the very simplest of statistics. Messi has 26 goals in 34 games against PL top 6 clubs (Ronaldo has 28 in 70). That sounds fairly good to me, but of course does not paint the full picture.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 20, 2019, 08:16:45 AM
Ade Akinfewa all day long.😊

I saw him at AFC Wimbledon once. By god hes a big lad.

FFC1987

I'm a stickler for a a wider sample. The fact CR7 has done it everywhere and internationally, makes me lean towards him.

charlieFFC

Don't forget that game where Ronaldo scored a solo goal in the last minute to win the game for them. When they went onto win the league that year Fergie pinpointed that game as the key result.

In answer to the question I would take Ronaldo (proven in England) and just all around boss. Messi is the better player and a joy to watch but not sure having Kamara next to him would be a good combo.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 20, 2019, 04:10:22 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 20, 2019, 08:16:45 AM
Ade Akinfewa all day long.😊

I saw him at AFC Wimbledon once. By god hes a big lad.

Would love to see him up front along side Mitro.😁