watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A couple of observations

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, November 23, 2019, 12:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I know Abou is also great at defending corners but I would love to leave him on the halfway.
I hate seeing the whole team defending set pieces when 9/10 clearances come straight back.
Assuming he plays both next game I'd have Mitro doing the defensive duties and, as I said,
have Abou loitering, tying up at least 2 of the oppositions players and scaring them
s**tless when we play kick-and-rush to him.

Second point.
I was working for the first 55 minutes but from what I saw after that our tackling and interventions were superb
we chased and harassed forcing them into several mistakes putting us back on the ascendancy.
I haven't seen us that committed for a long time..

I thought StefJo was also excellent and the runs up front were great and he/we frequently found the players in space.

Lots of effort and good performances during the 35 I saw.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Fernhurst

Agreed Roger, however the ha ha's are a pretty terrible team and we had to work incredibly hard to beat them.
Derby on Tuesday will be more difficult but we must squeeze another 3 points. If we do get on the right side of a result on Tuesday then I would be satisfied with one point next Friday away to Swansea. 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

If I had missed the first half hour of that match I would be a much happier person tis morning and would be confident of a victory against Derby.
Parker now has a problem with Kamara. I guess he continues to use him as a super sub but surely he has to consider a
4-4-2 line up with Mitro and Kamara together up top.

Andy S

It's the way football has changed over the years. Zonal marking, full backs not guarding posts etc.now teams are expected to attack as a unit as well as defend as one. Like you I would like to see somebody left up front.i cannot see the point of a goalkeeper going up for a corner near the end of ha game

Skatzoffc

I can't say I agree with QPR being terrible. The table doesn't lie and Warburton knows how to set a team up.

To say Derby are a tougher opposition is a moot point as well. Imo.

Tbh I wasn't surprised how the game last night went.
Typical game of two Half's in which we rightfully prevailed. It is what it is. So well done to the team.

Coyw!

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Artful Dodger

You did well to miss the first half! Frankly we were awful and took 20 minutes to find a pass to a white shirt and if it wasn't for Rodak making 3 great saves, we would have been 4-1 down and that would have been it! QPRs defence looked slow and poor so we got away with it but I also agree we looked far more committed the second half and less likely to implode.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Bill2

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 23, 2019, 11:24:06 AM
I can't say I agree with QPR being terrible. The table doesn't lie and Warburton knows how to set a team up.

To say Derby are a tougher opposition is a moot point as well. Imo.

Tbh I wasn't surprised how the game last night went.
Typical game of two Half's in which we rightfully prevailed. It is what it is. So well done to the team.

Coyw!

Coyw!
I have to agree, Warburton is no mug and always does well with his teams. They worked hard and shut us down, were well organised and disciplined. What we want is a team who will attempt to play football against us and sit off to allow us to play out from the back.
In the end our quality showed through especially when they went a goal down and then had to commit more bodies forward. Also the shutting down game is hard to do for a full 90 and players get tired, had we not suddenly defended for the last 10 minutes we may have been able to take advantage of that.