watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Riverside stand atmosphere predictions

Started by mattFFC, November 24, 2019, 07:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattFFC

Some interesting responses here. For me the atmosphere this season has been better with 3 stands than in our last championship season with 4 (only referring to first half of the seasons and not the unbeaten run part). Having less part timers and tourists in the Putney End creates a much much more supportive feel down there, which is clearly visible from the Hammy End and must help the team when attacking towards Putney.

I would love if there was section in the corner of the new Riverside Stand, next to the Away fans, that was designated for the more vocal Riversiders (potentially cheaper tickets for young adults or something). Just having a few that sing usually encourages more to join in, thus multiplying the effect. I really hope that the Riverside doesn't become a complete corporate stand though. I know it is likely to be considerably more corporate than before but ensuring that there is a section of the stand which is Fulham through and through is a must in my opinion. Would be very interested to see if the club have even considered this. Anyone heard of anything?

Whitesideup

In response to MattFFC's post (without duplicating it) I hope you are right. Apart from anything else, you have to wonder what the corporate capacity would be? There is a limit to the amount of corporate entertaining that is done, and for a reason that escapes me, some may think Chelsea, Spurs, or even Arsenal provide a more attractive offering. So too much space and effort chasing the corporate pound may mean under-utilized resources. But I am sure the club will be undertaking appropriate research and then hopefully suitable facilites will be available for non-corporate clients - also known as "fans" or "supporters" ...ie us.

Southdowns White

Hopefully the Putney end will be doing their best tonight to keep warm by singing and stamping, The wind and rain will be blowing straight of the Thames tonight.

Riversider

Quote from: love4ffc on November 26, 2019, 01:56:19 AM
Meet up with a mate of mine and his wife while in London to see the QPR match.  They have been in the riverside for a long time and where forced with no options to the neutral end which they say has been complete Sh*t.  They also told me that when the riverside is done they will be offered 1st choice for new riverside tickets, which they say they cannot offered as they buy 4 season tickets for the family with the cheapest season tickets starting at £600. 

Due to the expensive price they will be forced to relocate and will lose their status for season tickets and have to start all over.  I find this to be really unfair and think the club really needs to rethink how they will be looking at dedicated fans who can no longer afford the new riverside stand. 

And yet celebrity Fulham fan, Richard Osman,  was relocated to The Hammersmith End,  how does that work ?
I've not sat in The Putney End once, I buy tickets ad hoc for The Johnny Haynes Stand which has worked really well, including £5 tickets for the Wigan game,
I've also been offered the opportunity to buy the seat I sit in as a season ticket (which I declined) I'm sure this summer some people will be given the opportunity to move from The Putney End as I know a lot of people are unhappy with the arrangement,  hopefully the club can be a bit more considerate and treat everybody on an equal basis.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Riversider on November 26, 2019, 02:43:10 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on November 26, 2019, 01:56:19 AM
Meet up with a mate of mine and his wife while in London to see the QPR match.  They have been in the riverside for a long time and where forced with no options to the neutral end which they say has been complete Sh*t.  They also told me that when the riverside is done they will be offered 1st choice for new riverside tickets, which they say they cannot offered as they buy 4 season tickets for the family with the cheapest season tickets starting at £600. 

Due to the expensive price they will be forced to relocate and will lose their status for season tickets and have to start all over.  I find this to be really unfair and think the club really needs to rethink how they will be looking at dedicated fans who can no longer afford the new riverside stand. 

And yet celebrity Fulham fan, Richard Osman,  was relocated to The Hammersmith End,  how does that work ?
I've not sat in The Putney End once, I buy tickets ad hoc for The Johnny Haynes Stand which has worked really well, including £5 tickets for the Wigan game,
I've also been offered the opportunity to buy the seat I sit in as a season ticket (which I declined) I'm sure this summer some people will be given the opportunity to move from The Putney End as I know a lot of people are unhappy with the arrangement,  hopefully the club can be a bit more considerate and treat everybody on an equal basis.

Don't get me started on him.

'I've only ever sat in the Riverside.'. Yeah, I bet you have.