more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tonight

Started by filham, November 26, 2019, 10:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: The Swan on November 26, 2019, 12:54:40 PM
Please not three at the back. We will be over run.
So right, we have demonstrated in a couple of matches how disastrous it can be. Also the Odoi, Mawson,Ream, Bryan back four is looking reasonable just now.

ALG01

Rodak

Cristie     Mawson      Ream     Odoi

Johansen   Cairney
                       Reid

Kamara    AK     Cav

Mitro lost his place and AK did well so Mitro will have to wait his turn, that is good man management
We were top class wjen StefJo and TC sat in front of the defence and Reid played behind the front three. That is how we should always play but sef jo could be changed for arter or reed, Mitro will return when AK does not hack it, he will understand that.

Bryan is good going forward but very poor defending as well self evident throughout the QPR match, however odoi was good at LB at Birmingham and christie looks like he has grown up and played well at Birmingham and when he came on V QPR.

I would not try a new formation to accomodate AK in a position he is less suited to, he looks a tiop class centre forward based on the one game.

charlieFFC

Quote from: PhilEsh on November 26, 2019, 11:49:12 AM
Quote from: Ronnief on November 26, 2019, 11:47:23 AM
He came off injured Friday night and on tonight's comments by Scott there are a few niggles!

In the case, may be a bit controversial....

Rodak

Odoi          Mawson        Ream     

Christie                                                     Bryan       

Johansen                  Cairney   

Kamara                                             Cavaleiro

Mitrovic

This would be an absolute disaster.

MikeTheCubed

Wouldn't have Cairney as part of a midfield two regardless of opposition or the fact we're playing at home. Simply too lightweight.

Forever Fulham

My fear as well.  If they go three in the back, I hope they worked on that formation in practice a lot, with scrimmages.  I don't want us to get killed in transition.

AnOldBrownie

Cav won't be dropped and the team won't start with 5 (3) at the back.

I also don't want Anthony to be a bench player.    Not sure how you fit AK in the starting lineup with Mitro unless it's a 4-4-2, but then Cairney and Stephjo would get overrun in the middle of the pitch.  imo.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: ALG01 on November 26, 2019, 03:50:24 PM
                        Rodak

Johansen   Cairney
                       Reid

Kamara    AK     Cav

Mitro lost his place and AK did well so Mitro will have to wait his turn, that is good man management
We were top class wjen StefJo and TC sat in front of the defence and Reid played behind the front three. That is how we should always play but sef jo could be changed for arter or reed, Mitro will return when AK does not hack it, he will understand that.

Bryan is good going forward but very poor defending as well self evident throughout the QPR match, however odoi was good at LB at Birmingham and christie looks like he has grown up and played well at Birmingham and when he came on V QPR.

I would not try a new formation to accomodate AK in a position he is less suited to, he looks a tiop class centre forward based on the one game.

i agree with not playing AK and Mitro in a less favorable formation, but how in the heck do you bench the best striker in the league after 1 good AK47 game?

Fernhurst

"but how in the heck do you bench the best striker in the league after 1 good AK47 game?

Short answer ——- you don't, fully expect the normal front 3 tonight with AK on the bench
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: ALG01 on November 26, 2019, 03:50:24 PM
                        Rodak

Johansen   Cairney
                       Reid

Kamara    AK     Cav

Mitro did not lose his place - he received a yellow card and had an enforced suspension!

As you say 'Kamara did well' - he wasn't great, just a step up from his usual performances..

I accept that Kamara could start alongside Mitro in a 433 or 442 - but no way should he start instead of him.

charlieFFC

Would rather AK came on off bench in a central position rather than starting him on the wing.

FFC1987

I'd imagine AK replaces Knockaert tonight. I think he deserves the nod and Knockaert has been a little underwhelming of late.

General

I'm not sure I get why after one performance scoring two goals, which is inconsistent so far as we know the player - why so many people are so determined to include AK - just before the game people wouldn't have had that opinion seems extreme to swing so seismically considering his general standard in 3+ years.. he's not got ten times better because of just one match.

Statto

Quote from: General on November 26, 2019, 06:21:23 PM
I'm not sure I get why after one performance scoring two goals, which is inconsistent so far as we know the player - why so many people are so determined to include AK - just before the game people wouldn't have had that opinion seems extreme to swing so seismically considering his general standard in 3+ years.. he's not got ten times better because of just one match.

What sort of scoring run would you say justifies his inclusion in the starting XI then? Because if he scored in 8 successive games, I don't think anyone in their right mind would say drop him for the 9th game, yet the same logic would still apply that no player is going to become substantially more talented in the month or so it takes for 8 games to pass

FFC1987

You don't reward a player for coming into the team, scoring 2 goals and getting MoTM by dropping him next game. Hes earned his place for the time being. Pretty simple stuff.

AnOldBrownie

well, Anthony was dropped for 47, and Reid is in for Reed.

Still a strong lineup and we gain a little in pace and size (Harrison Reed is too damn short and slow imo)

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 26, 2019, 06:52:22 PM
You don't reward a player for coming into the team, scoring 2 goals and getting MoTM by dropping him next game. Hes earned his place for the time being. Pretty simple stuff.

To be fair...I think AK plays team ball better than AKnock, so I'm ok with him taking his spot.   Size, and a little more speed on the right wing works for me.

There was no way Mitro was getting dropped for any player.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Fernhurst on November 26, 2019, 04:36:25 PM
"but how in the heck do you bench the best striker in the league after 1 good AK47 game?

Short answer ——- you don't, fully expect the normal front 3 tonight with AK on the bench

Team just announced, wrong again, AK keeps his place. Now we have to see how they line up.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Statto

Quote from: Matt10 on November 26, 2019, 12:54:51 PM
I'd like to see Reid start, with Johansen taking the role of deep defensive midfielder. Kamara takes over for Knockaert to keep the momentum going. 

Rodak

Odoi     Mawson      Ream     Bryan

Reid     Johansen   Cairney

Kamara    Mitro     Cav

Good call!

Statto

Bad call!