watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nfr. War of the Worlds episode two

Started by ScalleysDad, November 26, 2019, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

This seems to have escaped comment after the reviews on here for episode one.
Spoiler Alert. I gave up when somebody dropped a box of maltesers on a picture of earth and lost it at the evacuation to Dunkirk scene. For a moment I thought we would see the first sea battle off Hastings sea front. If only they had levelled Leatherhead ...........

Neil D

How the BBC managed to reduce this sci-fi classic to a yawn-fest is astonishing.  Come on you Martians!

Southdowns White

I fell asleep during the first episode and have only just woken up so luckily missed the second episode. Let's hope for better entertainment tonight and hopefully the wind and rain will not reach me tucked away under the roof at the Hammersmith end.

Lighthouse

Thought the second episode was an improvement on the first. Oddly the less we spend time in the company of the leads the better paced the episode becomes. But it was made by the BBC a year ago so clearly has had some problems. A shame that some of it works well but some of it is just poorly done. Main problem being the characters we should be rooting for are just dull.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Peabody

The novel is strong enough to make a film of it. I doesn't need all this going of on different story lines. Massive disappointment for me

Grumpy Worthing White

Read the book for English Lit Exam back in the 70`s, I thought the 1st two episodes where OK`ish, was expecting some kind of big finish in the last Episode, but alas nowt, I think the 1953 film was far better imho.

bill taylors apprentice

Taking the story back to it original location was a good start, everything after that was diabolically bad!

HV71

Was looking forward to it - endured two episodes and couldn't be bothered with the final instalment. Awful