watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Patrick Roberts joins Norwich on season-long loan

Started by Tom_FFC, June 17, 2019, 03:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_FFC

Patrick Roberts made 21 appearances during a loan spell at Spanish club Girona last season
Newly-promoted Norwich City have signed Manchester City midfielder Patrick Roberts on a season-long loan deal.

The 22-year-old will join the Canaries on 1 July ahead of their return to Premier League football.

Roberts said: "The manager was very enthusiastic when he spoke to me. He really enjoys the way I play and that's a big boost of confidence for me."

He spent last season on loan at Spanish club Girona and previously had a loan spell at Celtic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48465832 

Not sure if this has been shared yet but can be merged if it has. Will he be a success in the Premier League?

bencher

Unbelievable that Roberts has never turned out for England U21s, when you consider the dross that has turned out for them over the last 5 years or so. He needs this loan to work - I don't think he will get many more chances. One way or another, I don't think he will stay at City beyond this season.

FFC1987

Wish him all the best and hope it works but I'm not totally convinced he's an EPL player to be honest. Happily eat my minds, just my speculative opinion.

Bassey the warrior

Great move for him, Norwich play some good stuff. Hopefully he can grasp his chance.

filham

Well I always thought he was so good and was sorry to see him leave. I am finding it difficult to understand why a lot of clubs haven't been after him.

hovewhite

Good luck to the lad,think it's make or break time for him.

Bill2

I liked him a lot as a junior and will be interesting to see him play in the Prem. The only issue he has,like Elliott is that he is on the small side, but great acceleration and shot.

Dodgin

Took a look at Patrick Roberts stats at Norwich, appears he is not that happy on game time. Thinking his MC contract is up next summer, did cross my mind would he return but then discover he has taken up another two years at MC. Would he even make the bench there.

davew

Quote from: Dodgin on November 28, 2019, 09:05:48 PM
Took a look at Patrick Roberts stats at Norwich, appears he is not that happy on game time. Thinking his MC contract is up next summer, did cross my mind would he return but then discover he has taken up another two years at MC. Would he even make the bench there.
Only cleaning it, shame so much potential (apparently) though I could never have rated him as much as others (City did or now don´t), Ryan Sess maybe heading in the same direction but with Spurs.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

At his age and with his talent he really should have clocked up a number of matches at Norwich, something is not going right for him.

Fulham76

Quote from: davew on November 28, 2019, 09:13:56 PM
Only cleaning it, shame so much potential (apparently) though I could never have rated him as much as others (City did or now don´t), Ryan Sess maybe heading in the same direction but with Spurs.

Yep, had his head turned by a bit of cash, which will run out, & he can look back on a career with very few highlights.

At least Sess played a couple of seasons, scored plenty of goals & had a great game at Wembley.

Andy S

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 28, 2019, 09:18:57 PM

Yep, had his head turned by a bit of cash, which will run out, & he can look back on a career with very few highlights.

At least Sess played a couple of seasons, scored plenty of goals & had a great game at Wembley.
he did well at Celtic on loan
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

elgreenio

Best player I've ever seen for our u18s, loved that he was equally comfortable going outside or cutting in, made it so hard for defenders back then.

Such a shame but not exactly surprising with his choice to go to Man City
touch my camera through the fence

hovewhite

Suprissed he hasn't played much as talented player,just shows grass isn't always greener when you move.

Fulham76

Quote from: fulhamben on November 29, 2019, 02:53:37 AM
Quote from: Fulham76 on November 28, 2019, 09:18:57 PM

he did well at Celtic on loan

I'd do well at Celtic

Bill2

I saw him make a sub appearance at Norwich for us and played well. Also saw him in U 18s and again he was very good, just a bad decision to go to City where he would always struggle for game time.

MikeW

Longer term going to be interesting to see how the 'hair do' boy works out at Liverpool.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."