watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another two goals for Mitro but

Started by The Swan, November 29, 2019, 08:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Two goals but he was lucky not to be booked or even red carded for an elbow on the Swansea defender.

Please keep your nose clean Mitro .
The Swan

sarnian

Absolute rubbish. He backed into the man and shoved him off. The guy goes down holding his face when he got caught under his arm.

Jamie88

I reckon Mitro deliberately elbowed the guy as well. He glanced two or three times before timing his elbow as the bloke was directly behind him

Yamus

YankeeJim

Quote from: sarnian on November 29, 2019, 08:46:21 PM
Absolute rubbish. He backed into the man and shoved him off. The guy goes down holding his face when he got caught under his arm.

That's the way I saw it.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Deeping_white

It wasn't a deliberate elbow ffs, why do we insist on looking for negatives - even the commentators looked at and instantly said there was nothing in it

KJS

Quote from: The Swan on November 29, 2019, 08:43:59 PM
Two goals but he was lucky not to be booked or even red carded for an elbow on the Swansea defender.

Total bollox

RaySmith

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 29, 2019, 09:46:25 PM

That's the way I saw it.

Me too - nothing in it.

bill taylors apprentice

Not guilty!
If you know football you know he was just making himself big and strong to win the ball!

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ashteadFFC

Rubbish - nothing nasty in that whatsoever

Woodlawn

No intent whatsoever ,their player never complained and shook Mitro's hand.

davew

Quote from: KJS on November 29, 2019, 09:50:32 PM
Quote from: The Swan on November 29, 2019, 08:43:59 PM

Total bollox
+1, the guys should watch the game again!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Logicalman

OK, so Mitro did take two glances over his left shoulder as the ball came to him and he was backing up. Yup, his left arm did come up shoulder height, and yes, the guy did come in and make contact with Mitro's elbow.

Was it a deliberate elbow by Mitro, as opposed to having his arm out to protect himself from a player coming in at him (considering the amount of abuse he had already endured during this, and previous, games)? Not sure you can make more of a case for the former compared to the latter, and that is the way the ref apparently saw it.

The only reason I can see Mitro picking up cards is likely due to his going down sometimes a little too easily, but, given the abuse he gets, it's somewhat understandable.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Statto

Quote from: RaySmith on November 29, 2019, 09:50:54 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on November 29, 2019, 09:46:25 PM

That's the way I saw it.

Me too - nothing in it.

me three

ALG01

i am not sure what game some of you were watching or how blinkered and biased you are... I love mitro but he looks round, invites the challenge and clearly uses his elbow deliberately. If it was the other way round the same people would scream red card. he did it and was lucky, in the prem with VAR I suspect he would have walked off in shame as the ref retrospectively got out the red card. that was indefensible

FFC1987

Quote from: ALG01 on November 29, 2019, 10:55:21 PM
i am not sure what game some of you were watching or how blinkered and biased you are... I love mitro but he looks round, invites the challenge and clearly uses his elbow deliberately. If it was the other way round the same people would scream red card. he did it and was lucky, in the prem with VAR I suspect he would have walked off in shame as the ref retrospectively got out the red card. that was indefensible

He clearly didn't do that though. He looked behind to see where he should position his body, his arms were raised, normal height and as he backed, he caught him. He was clearly accidental.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ALG01 on November 29, 2019, 10:55:21 PM

Wathed the replays now just out of curiosity, and I couldn't disagree more. Looked in absolutely no way intentional to me. The view also seemed to be shared by the Swansea players and the ref.

filham

Mitro is always in the thick of things and defenders are being pretty tough with him, all the ingredients are there for a red card  I think he is living on the edge at times.

RaySmith

He goes in where it hurts, defenders are always grabbing him, grappling with him, blocking him off, but he refuses to be intimidated.
If he was, then he wouldn't get the goals he does.