watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wasn’t pretty

Started by fulhamben, November 29, 2019, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

I read on FoF that a) there is no point keeping Seri if he doesn't want to play for us better to write him off at a big loss and use whatsever left to get some else; b) there is no point keeping Ayite and Fonte because we have got better juniors coming through. Well, with the money for Seri £4m (loan fee and wages reduction) we couldn't buy much more than Onamah for £2.7m+wages, and as for good juniors Onamah played u23 and was clearly better than them.

colinwhite

That people are looking to criticise the team after that performance is unbelievable.They are a decent team who tried to press us high and at times couldnt get near the ball. This wasnt our best starting eleven but the team performance was impressive. The performance of the team outweighed that of any individuals ,Mitro and Rodak included. The players are working for each other ,believe in the way they are playing  and are right behind Parker. Id say that was very `pretty `!!!

howitis

Quote from: Deeping_white on November 29, 2019, 10:05:20 PM
Quote from: howitis on November 29, 2019, 09:54:03 PM
Some serious work carried out by Johansen and Mitro who both led by example. Sadly we are a very unbalanced team. I'm afraid we have some seriously weak links
Onomah - does he know what urgency is. Partly to blame for Swansea equaliser as he made very little attempt to block cross.
Mawson - just can't play passing game
Bryan - is very poor defensively
Kamara - at least he tried but very wasteful in possession.

I commend the fact that we hung on but it should have been easier then that.

What game were you watching? Mawson was comfortable on the ball all game, and I don't remember anyone getting round Bryan in a 1v1, and there were possibly only 1/2 occasions where they passed it round him, but that's as much as Ream and whichever midfielder was providing him covers fault as well. Kamara was fine in the ball, why do we expect players to have 100% pass completion, or are you trying to take a cheap shot because it's Kamara?

Not the same one as you. " Mawson comfortable on the ball" - what before he passes it into the stands or the opppsition. Don't make me laugh ...

hovewhite

Can't believe there are posters pulling players to pieces!

Woolly Mammoth

We are on a four match winning streak, won away again, this time to Swansea of all teams who are in the top six, and still there are unsatisfied customers, that's fair enough, everyone's entitled too their own opinion, and I know i can sometimes be hard to please, but I just fail to comprehend the logic.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Quote from: toshes mate on November 30, 2019, 08:25:33 AM
For my money's worth I thought this was a game we would have lost a few weeks back had it played out much the way it did last night.  This was an altogether grittier FFC team who played like leaders; sucked up the pressure and hit opponents on the counter. 

Agreed.  Four wins in a row...wow!  Earlier this season, it looked like FFC wouldn't win four games all season.  Nice, gritty, road win.  Team is coming on, though still far from perfect and much work to do yet.  If anything, confidence has to be getting very strong within the clubhouse.  Nice to have what seems like an established keeper, able to keep the team in games when there were slip ups.  Rodak has been solid since taking over the starting role.

COYW!!!

Skatzoffc

Some serious work carried out by Johansen and Mitro who both led by example. Sadly we are a very unbalanced team. I'm afraid we have some seriously weak links
Onomah - does he know what urgency is. Partly to blame for Swansea equaliser as he made very little attempt to block cross.

Can't agree with the Bryan criticism.

He did very well against the attacks of the cheating, whining Ayew.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Enfield

Don't think anyone's commented, but surely the Swansea goal was offside ? 

kiwian

Swansea equaliser? Did I miss something?
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Sting of the North

Quote from: Enfield on November 30, 2019, 10:05:56 PM
Don't think anyone's commented, but surely the Swansea goal was offside ?

Pretty sure Mawson played him onside, and Ream and Mitro lost track of their guys. But it happens, those situations are very difficult to defend when you first try to push up your defensive line and then have to track back in case to opponents managed to keep onside.

Twig

I completely disagree with your criticism of Bryan who got back and tackled effectively on several occasions.
I have been a past critic of Kamara but since his reintegration into the team he's been excellent.
Mawson may not look as comfortable as Ream on the ball but he didn't keep hoofing it out as you suggest on your second post.
Onomah wasn't great I'd agree but he is cover not a first choice starter and has had limited game time. Giv e him a chance.