watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Johannsen

Started by Enfield, November 30, 2019, 10:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enfield

Has played so well in the last few games that it is strange he didn't feature very much in the earlier games.
Injured perhaps ?

The Rational Fan

He played poorly against Barnsley, Forest and Hull; Stefjo is overall a strong performer but when he doesn't play well the team falls apart.

Matt10

He's in an anchoring role now. Where he should've been all along. I even feel he could've done a job last year. A create defensive midfielder, who can pick out a pass - and make solid decisions. Even if he makes a poor pass, it is in advanced positions to where we aren't countered immediately. I've said it before, he's my favorite player on the team. Probably one of the main ones I watch outside of Fulham. It's funny to think how he is played on the right midfield for Norway; mainly so he can drop and tuck in to be the playmaker there as well.

MrFFC

Massive fan of StefJo but he has been different class in holding midfield. Key for us competing for top 2
Come on you Whites!! :)

colinwhite

Stefan has done very well in the deeper role but we have also changed our shape from 433 to 4231 where he is now playing alongside TC which enables him to play his football with both of them as deep lying playmakers

grandad

An unsung hero in the mold of Aaron Hughes.
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on December 01, 2019, 12:47:30 AM
He's in an anchoring role now. Where he should've been all along. I even feel he could've done a job last year. A create defensive midfielder, who can pick out a pass - and make solid decisions. Even if he makes a poor pass, it is in advanced positions to where we aren't countered immediately. I've said it before, he's my favorite player on the team. Probably one of the main ones I watch outside of Fulham. It's funny to think how he is played on the right midfield for Norway; mainly so he can drop and tuck in to be the playmaker there as well.
I echo these thoughts.

I remember watching him play for Norway three years ago and one diagonal fifty yard pass he made that was sublime beyond words and reminiscent of Haynes.  He is also an excellent game reader and probably best midfielder in that respect in the current team.  He is also very adaptable and versatile.  Should have played for us in the PL and I am sure Jokanovic would have done so had it not been for external interferences.

bog

Added to the comments above, towards the end of the Swansea game he made a phenomenal block near the touchline, no doubt about his commitment to the cause.  :54:

092.gif   

HV71

Totally agree with the comments above. He has 'an edge' which is something we definitely need - and neededkast year

filham

Early in the season Parker was trying out his shiny new toys, Arter, Reed and Ried, they all looked quiet good but now Johanson is looking better than all three of them.
Playing Johansen and Cairney in deep roles is working so well, lets hope Parker sticks with it.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: HV71 on December 01, 2019, 09:42:16 AM
Totally agree with the comments above. He has 'an edge' which is something we definitely need - and neededkast year
Exactly. Added to which he has flair. He is still only 28 and to my mind we should nurture him through the next 4 or 5 years. My favourite kind of player.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MikeW

Quote from: filham on December 01, 2019, 10:08:01 AM
Early in the season Parker was trying out his shiny new toys, Arter, Reed and Ried, they all looked quiet good but now Johanson is looking better than all three of them.
Playing Johansen and Cairney in deep roles is working so well, lets hope Parker sticks with it.

I'm thinking Reed & Reid could both do a job if signed permanently and looking forward to Hector teaming up with Alfie.  I fear Tim might be the one to lose out?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Holders

What's happened to the spellcheck on this board - or have we been made the 51st state already?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria