more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

Started by SP, December 01, 2019, 07:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brightster

Should be interesting!
Plus god knows when we will play, as Chelsea, Brentford and QPR all drawn at home 😮

MaidenheadMick

Will Man City ever get a tough draw in cup competitions. Port Vale this time. Cant remember the last time they were tested. Even their CL group is relatively comfortable

Baszab

That Qatari money can go a long way

cookieg

Hopefully they'll be more concerned about PL survival and we will be on a roll.

SuffolkWhite

I make that 8 London teams at home, should give the Police a headache. Cant see us playing at the weekend though!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

davew

Easy game for us they probably won´t turn up, but if they do we will probably lose 4 nil! The league is far more important for FFC!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Barrett487

I hope the Khans give the FAC the respect this wonderful competition deserves. I reckon Scotty will want to do well, but he may be leaned on.

davew

Quote from: Barrett487 on December 02, 2019, 08:40:14 PM
I hope the Khans give the FAC the respect this wonderful competition deserves. I reckon Scotty will want to do well, but he may be leaned on.
I am sure they will though they probably lack a bit of knowledge of what the FA cup is all about. Very few teams (especially the top teams) give the FA cup the respect it should have, they won´t interfere, sure Scott will do what is best for FFC, which is concentrating on the league!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Enclosurite

How are any of us going to get tickets for this match, surely Villa fans will snap them all up like at Wembley.

Maybe they will also wear their white Fulham shirts as well like they did at Wembley.

Or maybe they will just talk a load of old b*ll*cks in the lead up to the match again.

Can't wait!!

049:gif COYW
¡COYW!

Colton F.C.

Remember this. 093.gif

SP

I wasn't expecting an Ashford, Kettering or Yeovil type draw but this is tedious.  Presumably it'll be a weakend FFC v Villa reserves?

Riversider

Villa at home will see Michael Hector make his debut for us, should be a good honest test for him.

filham

Quote from: Plodder on December 02, 2019, 07:28:31 PM
Quote from: filham on December 02, 2019, 10:47:33 AM
The Championship has to be our priority, we really don't want the distraction of a cup run, give us Liverpool home or away.

Why is a FA Cup run "a distraction"?
Fixture conjestion, injuries, red cards .
Having said that I now have a touch of cup fever and am looking forward to putting one over Villa.

west kowloon white

A sweepstake on how many times Grealish goes to ground- fairly tackled of course ?

St Eve

Unfortunately we haven't taken any of the cups seriously for a long time which I believe is a mistake. Of course we want to go up but a good cup run can help that cause and winning is contagious. Yes of course there can be injuries but believe it or not you can get injured simply tying up your laces

peter w

Not the best but not the worst draw for us. Of course coming out of the busy Christmas period we will invariably rest one or two, but in general our second string are about as good as the first team, give or take a Grealish/McGinn here and there. i'd fully expect to win but a team riding high in the Championship will also fancy their chances depending on how many you rest. Oh, and we owe you. for a quite clear historical wrong...

Actually, thinking about it, if we beat whatever Liverpool side they send out in the League Cup we'll have the semi-final the following week (I think), which makes it pretty unlikely we'll play (m)any of the established first team players.

Sgt Fulham

Let's not play TC. We all know Grealish resorts to leg-breakers when outclassed. Hopefully he picks up a niggling injury while diving which ruins Villa's season.

Twig

I for one would love an FA cup run this year. I think it would; do wonders for squad confidence, further endorse SP as an upcoming young manager, bring in cash and give us fans a big lift. Bring it on!

Statto

Don't care about the result.

Lots of youngsters and players currently on the bench / Cottage balcony deserve a chance to show what they can do in a competitive match.

Would love to see something like

Bettinelli
Christie - Hector - Moritz Jenz - MLM
McDonald - Onomah - O'Riley
Knockaert - Reid/Stansfield - Kebano

Fulhamfan666

fa cup 3rd round TV fixtures announced:

Liverpool - Everton
wolves - man u
Rochdale/Boston United - Newcastle
arsenal - leeds
Boro - Spurs