Author Topic: Temperature  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Cornishnick

• Lakey/Dark Room
Temperature
« on: December 02, 2019, 12:26:15 PM »
Yikes!  -  minus 3 here in West Cornwall last night (tough on us southern softies). Reminds me of days spent at away grounds in the 4th division at the likes of Donacaster, Mansfield etc. when the 63.5 supporters huddled together for warmth.

Offline rogerpnowinFlorida

• cebu
  • I AM POINTING A PEN AT THE CAMERA THAT TOOK THIS
    • Theatre Production
Re: Temperature
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 12:51:55 PM »
Shame.
It's only 74 here at 7.30 am

Offline Grumpy Worthing White

• tjl
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 01:03:40 PM »
Let`s have another Winter like 62/63......Second thoughts perhaps not, no football till March.

Offline bog

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 01:22:28 PM »
Our delinquent boiler has chosen to become unrepairable right now.  We are coping though, both huddled up around the iron. Takes me back to my long gone childhood with freezing cold bedrooms and seeing my breath whilst perched on our outside lavatory with Bronco rolls.  :54:

Thank you and good night

092.gif 

Offline whitejc

• Administrator
  • Mornington Crescent
  • I'm tall for my height
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 01:27:19 PM »
Our delinquent boiler has chosen to become unrepairable right now.  We are coping though, both huddled up around the iron. Takes me back to my long gone childhood with freezing cold bedrooms and seeing my breath whilst perched on our outside lavatory with Bronco rolls.  :54:

Thank you and good night

092.gif

I don't remember Bronco rolls, but Izal, made good tracing paper as I remember

Offline toshes mate

• Gentleman Jim
  • Vitam Impendere Vero
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 02:10:13 PM »
Signs are it is going to be a cold winter for the Northern Hemisphere generally given late autumn has been cooling quite rapidly.  UK temperatures look likely to be below average especially from late January through February.  But it could be a very warm Spring in the Fulham area.

Offline Grumpy Worthing White

• tjl
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 02:10:21 PM »

Thank you and good night

092.gif

I don't remember Bronco rolls, but Izal, made good tracing paper as I remember
Izal, Me Grand Parents had that in the WC in Brixton, I came to the conclusion it were not very good if you suffered from Hemmies   :012:

Offline Russianrob

• tjl
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 03:32:07 PM »
Not bad in Petersburg Russia at present about zero, however my friend in Siberia has reported that there it is already minus 30!!!

Online filham

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 04:46:17 PM »

Thank you and good night

092.gif 
What were Bronco rolls, all I can remember in the outside lavvy were old newspapers.

Offline Dr Know

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 05:25:16 PM »
Yikes!  -  minus 3 here in West Cornwall last night (tough on us southern softies). Reminds me of days spent at away grounds in the 4th division at the likes of Donacaster, Mansfield etc. when the 63.5 supporters huddled together for warmth.
What part of Cornwall Nick ?  Just curious as I’ve holidayed down there many times !

Offline ex-Pat

• tjl
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 05:36:01 PM »
Yeah tomorrow there's a cold front coming through Fort Lauderdale it's going down to 65.

Offline Ronnief

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 05:42:03 PM »
The frost caused ice to form on my golf shoes this morning. Hope the dents on the putting green didn't cause problems for those behind me. Nice and sunny though in Littlehampton.

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 07:26:25 PM »
No problem combating low temperatures, apart from putting on plenty of warm clothing especially your extremities, and taking hot drinks, the trick is to move about keeping the blood circulating, not sitting still, that will make you feel cold, plenty of exercise and you will forget its cold. When I was at Spencer Park School in Wandsworth, Charlie Wallace our PE teacher use to always send me out to break the ice on the schools outdoor swimming pool in all weathers, and then tell me to jump in and test the temperature. Didn’t do me any harm I don’t think.

Offline Cornishnick

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 07:31:55 PM »
Hi Dr Know. I'm in Hayle, not far from St Ives. Just had the most fantastic sunset tonight so it will be cold again tonight for sure.

Offline MaidenheadMick

• tjl
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 07:40:39 PM »
Shame.
It's only 74 here at 7.30 am
Who was the half ?

Offline MaidenheadMick

• tjl
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 07:41:45 PM »
Wrong thread Roger

Offline MaidenheadMick

• tjl
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 07:42:31 PM »
Half a supporter?

Offline sunburywhite

• cebu
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 07:55:09 PM »
Minus 2 at 5 am in Sunny Sunbury

Offline bog

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 08:56:27 PM »

Thank you and good night

092.gif 
What were Bronco rolls, all I can remember in the outside lavvy were old newspapers.

I remember Bronco as pages not rolls, very slippery as well. and made good tracing paper as has been mentioned. 

092.gif

Offline davew

• Finnster01
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 09:01:21 PM »
Which part of Cornwall are you in? I am near Falmouth and the golf course closed earlier due to frost!