more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Temperature

Started by Cornishnick, December 02, 2019, 12:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Know

Quote from: Cornishnick on December 02, 2019, 07:31:55 PM
Hi Dr Know. I'm in Hayle, not far from St Ives. Just had the most fantastic sunset tonight so it will be cold again tonight for sure.
I was there last April , drank in the bucket of blood a few times !

Fulham 442

Quote from: whitejc on December 02, 2019, 01:27:19 PM
Quote from: bog on December 02, 2019, 01:22:28 PM
Our delinquent boiler has chosen to become unrepairable right now.  We are coping though, both huddled up around the iron. Takes me back to my long gone childhood with freezing cold bedrooms and seeing my breath whilst perched on our outside lavatory with Bronco rolls.  :54:

Thank you and good night

092.gif

I don't remember Bronco rolls, but Izal, made good tracing paper as I remember
Yes Izal. Great tracing paper but rubbish for its intended purpose!!

Allestree andy

cornishnik im in mount hawke not far from porthowan north coast
To the limit and beyond

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Grumpy Worthing White on December 02, 2019, 02:10:21 PM
Quote from: whitejc on December 02, 2019, 01:27:19 PM
Quote from: bog on December 02, 2019, 01:22:28 PM
Our delinquent boiler has chosen to become unrepairable right now.  We are coping though, both huddled up around the iron. Takes me back to my long gone childhood with freezing cold bedrooms and seeing my breath whilst perched on our outside lavatory with Bronco rolls.  :54:

Thank you and good night

092.gif

I don't remember Bronco rolls, but Izal, made good tracing paper as I remember
Izal, Me Grand Parents had that in the WC in Brixton, I came to the conclusion it were not very good if you suffered from Hemmies   :012:

My grand parents had the same in their outside loo in Lyham Road almost opposite the prison and a few doors up from the sweet shop. We used to utilise the high wall as a goal and for wall ball. Strangely we were made to stop by the prison staff when the IRA lot were moved in.

On temperatures anything below zero in the non moorland areas of Devon and Cornwall is going to be a shocker to many. Our postie in Exeter is still in shorts and I donned them this afternoon when the sky was an imperious blue. Bit nippy now though.

kiwian

Ahh The Bucket of Blood, a brilliant experience for a kiwi, was there a few years ago.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Cornishnick

Bucket of Blood closed just now, methinks the brewery can't make it pay in the winter. Shame, t'was a decent pint too. 
Mount Hawke - I was there at the chapel a few weeks back, very nice place although Porthtowan is a sort of no go area for us in the summer as it's sooooo busy these days.

Fulhamfan666

I'll be in Holland visiting family for Christmas soon. Will be at the FC Eindhoven, PSV and Vitesse games in the snow (most likely haha)

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Dr Know on December 02, 2019, 05:25:16 PM
Quote from: Cornishnick on December 02, 2019, 12:26:15 PM
Yikes!  -  minus 3 here in West Cornwall last night (tough on us southern softies). Reminds me of days spent at away grounds in the 4th division at the likes of Donacaster, Mansfield etc. when the 63.5 supporters huddled together for warmth.
What part of Cornwall Nick ?  Just curious as I've holidayed down there many times !
Hello Cornish Nick and my good friend Dr Know, who I have had a number of Cornish holidays with along with the
Dr's family and at times a number of our eccentric Fulham friends.
Strangely enough it was that very cold day at Mansfield in Div 4 where I first met the Dr.
We lost and I can remember coming out of the ground with our 63.4 supporters singing "Were poo and we know we are" (honorable mention to the likes of Lawrence, Liam, Elvis, David Burke etc).
I think it was the first time Mansfield was served by rail when we played them, and our train back to Nottingham was about a 2 hour wait.
For most of us this was not so bad, as much sorrow  drowning was done in this time.
This was one of our club's lowest ever situations.
Fortunately, soon after Micky Adams was made manager, and things changed very much for the better.

Southdowns White

I'm sure it was Mansfield me and two mates were chased by some Mansfield skinheads through a car park, we managed lose them and found a kindly soul who gave us directions back to our car after telling him our story. He did say that they were from down't pit, so it must have been before they were all closed. I,m sure there was also some sort of large shop there called 'Fulham' may have been a cash and carry type shop, but it could have been Doncaster. It was usually very cold and dark in those days, although that may have just been the football. The coldest I have ever been at a game was either Southend Utd think 0-0 draw away or Colchester Utd  lost 0-1 away both times it was an evening kick off