more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: charlieFFC on December 04, 2019, 12:26:51 PM
Lots of Villa fans on twitter banging on about how Mitro would suit them perfectly like they can just take him if they so pleased.

I would be livid if Mitro was playing for Villa.

Just twitter garbage. Mitro won't move to a relegation candidate in the prem.

grandad

If we only end up with a playoff spot & gain promotion I wouldnt want us to face the farce of having our loans to go back & having to madly try to assemble a squad in the short time between the Final & the end of the window as happened before.

I would, FFP permitting, like to get some PL quality players in during the January window.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 05, 2019, 10:09:12 AM
Lots of Villa fans on twitter banging on about how Mitro would suit them perfectly like they can just take him if they so pleased.

[/quote

No problem give us £85m for Mitro the same price as Lukaku.

Spot on. But weirdly, even at £85m I would probably prefer to keep him at FFC.  He is a proven fit with our style and set up; I know 85 is a stack of money but there would still be no guarantee that new signings would fit in. We've seen it recently with the likes of Zambo and Seri, not having a dig at anyone but signings like that show how hard it is to spend money well.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 03, 2019, 09:15:28 PM
We need to start and close out games better, so I would strongly suggest buying an non-inverted (ie real) left winger that can defend a bit. Ivan Calverio can play on either side, but is better on the right where he should start most games, so Kamara and Knockaert can be super-subs which will end games better.
Although not too renowned for defensive qualities, we already have a good left winger:
Knocky.
When he and Cav swop sides they both create far more chances.

We Are Premier League

Riversider

I keep hoping we get linked with some of the following, Eze (QPR) Watkins (Brentford) Grosicki (Hull) Bowen (Hull)
All players that have got a rising stock, any one of those four would do, though I appreciate none of them are the defenders we need.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Riversider on December 12, 2019, 07:40:25 AM
I keep hoping we get linked with some of the following, Eze (QPR) Watkins (Brentford) Grosicki (Hull) Bowen (Hull)
All players that have got a rising stock, any one of those four would do, though I appreciate none of them are the defenders we need.

All would cost plenty of £££ and sadly our budget is very tight to FFP and we will 100% not be spending big until we sell big - i.e. once Mitro is sold as he most assuredly will be once we fail to get promoted this season as our manager isn't up to it.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 12, 2019, 08:52:07 AM

All would cost plenty of £££ and sadly our budget is very tight to FFP and we will 100% not be spending big until we sell big - i.e. once Mitro is sold as he most assuredly will be once we fail to get promoted this season as our manager isn't up to it.

Maybe you should pull out your old vinyl, Leonard Cohen Christmas hits, just to lighten you up a bit

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: 70sPimlico on December 12, 2019, 10:32:45 AM

Maybe you should pull out your old vinyl, Leonard Cohen Christmas hits, just to lighten you up a bit

Realism based on FFP I'm afraid and our manager being utterly unsuited to getting us up. Maybe optimism will prevail if we get a manager who will get the best out of the squad we have.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 12, 2019, 10:48:49 AM

Realism based on FFP I'm afraid and our manager being utterly unsuited to getting us up. Maybe optimism will prevail if we get a manager who will get the best out of the squad we have.

I understand mate, but this is the silly season thread, you make this point on loads of other threads. Some of us have other things in life that give us real stress and anxiety, sometimes its nice to come on here and just have some fun with fellow ffc fans

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: 70sPimlico on December 12, 2019, 11:16:46 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 12, 2019, 10:48:49 AM

I understand mate, but this is the silly season thread, you make this point on loads of other threads. Some of us have other things in life that give us real stress and anxiety, sometimes its nice to come on here and just have some fun with fellow ffc fans

ok!! In that case we should sign Salah, Mane, Van Dyk, Robertson, Alexandra Arnold from Liverpool and not take no for an answer and whilst we're at it convince David Silva to not retire & give us a couple of seasons ... for starters!  :003:

SuffolkWhite

ok!! In that case we should sign Salah, Mane, Van Dyk, Robertson, Alexandra Arnold from Liverpool and not take no for an answer and whilst we're at it convince David Silva to not retire & give us a couple of seasons ... for starters!  :003:
[/quote]

Yes but Spirit no point having those players without Klopp is there  064.gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on December 12, 2019, 11:31:58 AM

Yes but Spirit no point having those players without Klopp is there  064.gif
[/quote]

:plus one:

Good point well made - Parker would only get us to 3rd and lose in the playoffs with that lot anyway!

Sting of the North

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 12, 2019, 11:22:09 AM

They wouldn't cut it on a Tuesday night away at Preston, primadonnas the whole lot. Let's go for proven Championship quality instead. I heard Nugent has regained his scoring touch, and he would be much cheaper than Salah!

S.F.Sorrow

There were some rumours that Galatasaray wanted to return Seri. Is there any chance we can sell him to someone else in January and get some money to spend? Or will we just end up selling him at a loss and make matters even worse with FFP?

Spirit of 2000

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on December 12, 2019, 11:38:46 AM
There were some rumours that Galatasaray wanted to return Seri. Is there any chance we can sell him to someone else in January and get some money to spend? Or will we just end up selling him at a loss and make matters even worse with FFP?

Sadly they want him out as he's been as crap for them as he was for us ... the effect on FFP at selling at a sizeable loss against his book value is we actually damage our financial clout. His contract and sizeable wage is strung out of the length of a longish contract. Our only chance is to loan him to another club - probably a French one our best option as he did well in that league previously (and hopefully may again) and hope we can get a big percentage of our money back in the summer.

Chutney

We need a left back and a right back, and a proper back up for Mitro. That with Hector should see us do well after jan, provided we get them in early and not on deadline day!
C O Y W

Chutney

Quote from: Twig on December 06, 2019, 07:15:34 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 05, 2019, 10:09:12 AM

[/quote

No problem give us £85m for Mitro the same price as Lukaku.

Spot on. But weirdly, even at £85m I would probably prefer to keep him at FFC.  He is a proven fit with our style and set up; I know 85 is a stack of money but there would still be no guarantee that new signings would fit in. We've seen it recently with the likes of Zambo and Seri, not having a dig at anyone but signings like that show how hard it is to spend money well.

its a lot harder to spend money well when your DOF is only in the job because he's the owners son.
C O Y W

Riversider

Didn't we sell big when Sessegnon went to Spurs ? And what about Elliott to Liverpool, that's over £30 million for those two.