more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEEVES

Quote from: Barrett487 on January 15, 2020, 09:58:08 PM
I seem to remember that some of us slagged the likes of Lewis Dunk off, when we were linked, only for him to come good eventually. I reckon it's down to coaching. Ryan Sess will probably turn out to be a great LB, or LWB under Spurs.

Not that I had a profile back then, but I seem to remember our CBs being Burn and Hutchinson and everyone quite on board with the idea of signing Dunk. I certainly wanted him to come to fulham.

Milo

I thought the vibe at the time was to just pay what they wanted for Dunk.. actually.. and that we were quibbling (is that a word?) over a few mil .. only to cut our noses off to spite our face etc etc

Asotosyios

On Sky Sports transfer centre:

FULHAM CLOSE TO KONGOLO SIGNING

Fulham are in advanced negotiations to sign Dutch international defender Terence Kongolo from Huddersfield Town.

Former Town manager David Wagner signed the 25-year from Monaco on a permanent deal in June 2018 for a then club record fee believed to be around £18m.

Kongolo has fallen out of favour under Danny Cowley and had not featured since November, despite being under contract until 2022.

Kongolo, who can play at left back or centre back, won the Eredivisie league title with Feyenoord in 2017.

Riversider

Quote from: LVBPT on January 14, 2020, 10:19:34 AM
Kongolo having a medical this morning...

According to Sky Sports tonight , Fulham are in advanced talks to sign Kongolo from Huddersfield, they signed him for £18 million

love4ffc

Quote from: Riversider on January 16, 2020, 01:12:50 AM

According to Sky Sports tonight , Fulham are in advanced talks to sign Kongolo from Huddersfield, they signed him for £18 million
Don't see how getting a player from a team who is in 20th place and doesn't want him is a good thing. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: love4ffc on January 16, 2020, 01:26:40 AM

Don't see how getting a player from a team who is in 20th place and doesn't want him is a good thing.

If we want a LCB that proved they are too good for this league before June 2018 and has struggled after that, may I suggest Ream, Mawson or MLM because we already own them.

jayffc

As has been mentioned a number of times. The kid was signed for 18million for a reason. Played extremely well at feyenoord where the fans loved him, was also good enough to play for Monaco before that.
Went to Huddersfield and was of their only top quality players last year. Reportedly fell out with the Cowley brothers (which I gather isn't unsurprising for them) as he wasnt enjoying his time there and the general feeling from my understanding is they think he clearly has premier league talent, but that he doesn't want to be at the club anymore along with a couple of others.

So we'd be getting a player who's played plenty of quality football, for a better fee than we might have normally due to his current form for a strugggling side,but who could have huge upside... IF he wants to play here. None of us know the exact story of why Kongolo is in the situation he is, but what's clear is there is a talented player there who needs a new start. That's worked for us before, (see as recently as Mitro and Johanson) so its not as simple as - he can't even get into their team hows he good enough for us.

Jury's out on this one, but if he's up for it it could actually work out much better than many are expecting

KeenCottager

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Nero on January 15, 2020, 01:29:13 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2020, 07:05:27 AM

Did he pass?😜

Yes to Mawson who passed it back again then he passed it back to Mawson and so it continued for a minute or so,

Yes he's passed it,climbing the scaffolding behind the Riverside blindfolded was the trickiest part.
:yay:

@jolslover

He's not playing because Cowley only wanted players that would commit their future to Huddersfield. No other reason. If he was staying he would start every game
It is five years since a young Virgil van Dijk was omitted from Holland's 2014 World Cup squad in favour of an even younger Kongolo. It is fair to say one Dutchman has achieved more than another since then. Hopefully Kongolo can get his career back on track wtih Fulham as he definitely has the ability and was one of Huddersfields best players at Prem level
STH H3

@jolslover

Replies to this show how liked he was when playing in the premier league - negative opinions from Huddersfield fans will be tainted by the fact he basically refused to play for them
STH H3

Sting of the North

Quote from: G_Gribby on January 15, 2020, 05:45:04 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on January 15, 2020, 05:06:02 PM
Quote from: G_Gribby on January 15, 2020, 04:50:39 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on January 15, 2020, 04:16:27 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2020, 03:21:22 PM
Bit on the net saying Luca De La Torre In talks with a Swedish side.

Can he speak Sweedish then?

Most Swedish speaks better English than most Americans, that's not a problem. The problem is the choice of club. Bad club that..

They won the league, and will play in the CL-qualifiers. And play in Stockholm. And is very well run the last 5-10 years.

I don't think that club have the money Fulham asks for or neither will agree on other/further terms Fulham ask for. For the lad, yes I wish him all the best.

It would be great to see him playing for the new US gaffer in the future.

Why would Fulham ask for anything else than possibly a symbolic fee for a player that has not been able to even almost break into the team and has 6 months left on his contract? What other teams would pay any significant amount for him at this stage instead of just signing him for free for next season (the Swedish league starts in the spring, so they would want him now)? And why would Djurgården not be willing to agree to some future terms such as sell on clauses?

We were never going to get any decent fee for Luca unless we resign him and give him at least a fair shot at proving himself in the first team. Since we don't seem willing to do that, the club may just wish him well, thank him for all his efforts, and not step in the way of an opportunity for the lad. The Swedish league has actually become quite a decent window for better leagues, and he would have every chance of proving himself.

bobby01

Quote from: Bill2 on December 29, 2019, 11:05:49 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 26, 2019, 10:13:28 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 26, 2019, 03:03:32 PM
Fulham Linked With The January Acquisition Of A Winger

With Fulham sitting, as I type, in fourth place in the Championship table, hopes of a quick return to the Premier League are gathering momentum.

In a matter of days, the January transfer window will open and it could prove to be a vital period for the club.

Decisions have to be made as to whether there is a necessity, and the funds are available, to bring some fresh talent to Craven Cottage to give our promotion push some added impetus.

Yesterday, lurking in the pages of The Daily Mail was the inference that Fulham may well be interested in bringing in a young winger, on loan.

The winger in question is Jack Clarke, a 19-year-old who is on the books of Tottenham Hotspur but who is currently on loan at Leeds United.

Clarke joined Tottenham back in the summer but was loaned back to Leeds to further his ongoing development.

But Clarke hasn't been able to get the amount of first-team action Tottenham would like and he could be recalled.

Fulham, having sold Ryan Sessegnon to Tottenham back in the summer, could be the next stop-off point for the teenager although we should point out that our London rivals, Brentford, are also said, by our referenced source, to be interested.

Here at Vital Fulham we'll keep our eyes open for any further development and report back as deemed necessary.

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/fulham-linked-with-the-january-acquisition-of-a-winger/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Two simple questions.

1.  Why is he not playing for Leeds?
2.  Why would he leave Leeds to go to a team lower in the table?

A further simple question is that if he is not good enough for Leeds why is he good enough for us?
This is not a criticism as I know nothing about him, although I imagine SP does.

Gone to the hahas
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

sarvenpa

Quote from: LVBPT on January 14, 2020, 11:42:32 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 14, 2020, 11:27:49 AM

How credible is this may I ask?

same source that told me Knockaert was signing the week before he did and Cav from wolves.

Lyall Thomas
@SkySportsLyall
·
3m
Exclusive: #FulhamFC have completed the deal to sign Terence Kongolo on loan from #Huddersfield. Defender did medical yesterday. #FFC #HTAFC https://skysports.com/transfer-centre

LVBPT - You have a very good source.

Riversider

Quote from: sarvenpa on January 16, 2020, 12:39:30 PM

same source that told me Knockaert was signing the week before he did and Cav from wolves.

Lyall Thomas
@SkySportsLyall
·
3m
Exclusive: #FulhamFC have completed the deal to sign Terence Kongolo on loan from #Huddersfield. Defender did medical yesterday. #FFC #HTAFC https://skysports.com/transfer-centre

Agreed 👍🏻 Deserves an apology.

Milo

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: sarvenpa on January 16, 2020, 12:39:30 PM

Lyall Thomas
@SkySportsLyall
·
3m

Get it right LVBPT his medical was Wednesday not Tuesday as you stated.....Don't get on your soapbox Riversider only having a laugh and LVBPT will know that.😜

Statto

This Kongolo rumour must be false because I just called the Huddersfield Town ticket sales number and asked if they're offloading Kongolo to us, and the guy I spoke to said not as far as he was aware

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on January 16, 2020, 03:23:47 PM
This Kongolo rumour must be false because I just called the Huddersfield Town ticket sales number and asked if they're offloading Kongolo to us, and the guy I spoke to said not as far as he was aware

S**t I was looking forward to seeing him in a Fulham shirt 😟

YankeeJim

Quote from: @jolslover on January 16, 2020, 07:37:54 AM

Replies to this show how liked he was when playing in the premier league - negative opinions from Huddersfield fans will be tainted by the fact he basically refused to play for them

So he's their Dempsey?
Why would a team that has surrendered 44 goals give up a pacy, 6'2" defender that seems to like contact?
Why would a team surrender their top scorer?
Details to follow, I hope.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.