https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVBPTS

Quote from: Riversider on January 31, 2020, 11:17:32 PM
Quote from: LVBPT on January 31, 2020, 11:13:24 PM
Yes there is a deal sheet for championship. Sky just said Wigan have one for Balogun of brighton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be interested to know who we made a move for only for the subsequent deals to collapse

Still waiting on jota...

Supporter since 2000

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: LVBPT on January 31, 2020, 11:22:12 PM
Yes there is a deal sheet for championship. Sky just said Wigan have one for Balogun of brighton

Will be interested to know who we made a move for only for the subsequent deals to collapse

Still waiting on jota...

Hull have sold Bowen to wet spam for £22m!!!!!!!
WTF
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Whitestone

Not a bad window when all is said and done. Appreciate Hector was done a while ago but With Kongolo coming in we have strengthened both centre back slots which was the absolute priority. The permanent signings of Cav and Bobby Reid too. We just need the injured forward players back and we're good to go. Keep the faith. COYW.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 31, 2020, 11:24:06 PM

Still waiting on jota...

WTF

He's scored 52 goals in 3 seasons.   Good value for Hull...and West Ham needed a striker.

Mince n Tatties

He's not actually an out and out striker,so his goal ratio is superb...

Mince n Tatties

Is that it then,all day waiting for that back up striker.
Booooo....I'm off to bed..lol

Riversider

Still waiting on jota...

Any idea why it didn't happen ?

Milo

Maybe give it til midnight? I mean.. I'm stuck on a train til then anyway so nothing else to do..

Whitestone

Still waiting on jota...

WTF

The standout player in the Championship this season. Good player and a goal scorer too. Probably joined the wrong team though. West Ham are a basket case.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Whitestone on January 31, 2020, 11:34:51 PM

Still waiting on jota...

WTF

The standout player in the Championship this season. Good player and a goal scorer too. Probably joined the wrong team though. West Ham are a basket case.

£80,000 a week made his decision easy.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Again keeping Mitro and Cairney and hopefully having them fit for the last 16 games is better than any late signing we were likely to make.

Ordar

Cairney has done nothing for 2 years.... (post promotion)

Deeping_white

junior white

Quote from: Riversider on January 31, 2020, 11:33:56 PM

Still waiting on jota...

Any idea why it didn't happen ?
Possibly paper talk and we were never in for him, where would he fit in? Instead of Mitro?,  Cairney?, Onomah? Any of the wide players?

Think maybe they linked us as they did a few years ago when he went to Brum?

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Quote from: Ordar on February 01, 2020, 12:37:11 AM
That is a harsh statement although I would agree that Cairney is not looking as good as he was the season before last. I suspect that he has suffered both from injuries and from being used differently by managers.
He was at his best in a deep position in that engine room with Johansen and McDonald.
We need him back fully fit and at his best for the next17 critical matches, although right now he has to demonstrate that he is of more use in midfield than the likes of Arter, Onamah and Reed. There is strong competition for his place.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: filham on February 01, 2020, 09:58:31 AM
That is a harsh statement although I would agree that Cairney is not looking as good as he was the season before last. I suspect that he has suffered both from injuries and from being used differently by managers.
He was at his best in a deep position in that engine room with Johansen and McDonald.
We need him back fully fit and at his best for the next17 critical matches, although right now he has to demonstrate that he is of more use in midfield than the likes of Arter, Onamah and Reed. There is strong competition for his place.
Quote from: filham on February 01, 2020, 09:58:31 AM
The way he is playing (to about  up to 65% of potential) and that he has not finished or started games suggests he is struggling with an injury.
We have other good m/fieldrs IF fully fit let them take the pitch and give 100%.

Jims Dentist

Wow, I'm surprised someone has not come on and picked me up on the above!
Cairney was certainly better today particularly 1st half, and scored with HIS RIGHT FOOT.
Although again was subbed in 2nd half when we were struggling so could well have a niggle.