watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pitchside exercise bikes

Started by Count Flapula, December 06, 2019, 09:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Flapula

Who remembers that weird fad? What on earth was that all about eh?

SP

Was very strange, I don't think the players were keen on them.

MikeW

We did it in the Cookie era I believe.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

RaySmith

Seemed a bit odd - warming up for football by cycling. From triathlon experience, I  know that when you run after cycling your legs are all wobbly at first, though presumably they only  cycled on the  exercise bikes at a very low intensity.

Now back to warming up by running up and down the touchline, anyway.

brightster

Some teams still use them, noticed the a couple of times watching to the TV, got a feeling Preston or Swansea had them. Think they are more for a warm down rather than warm up!

I Ronic

I'm sure I remember some players using them when they came off as well. As a warm down as well.
Considering the amount of time players spending warming up pre game. How a sub whose been stuck in the dugout for ages and then does a few stretches and a touchline jog. Can be ready to play a part in a vital few minutes seems mad.

bog

On a recent Radio London match commentary Paul Parker was on with a female commentator. They went a bit off beam and Paul brought up the subject of these bikes by the dug outs, the conversation went as such...
"As a kid were you one for riding a bike Paul?"
"Not really, I did have a Chopper though."
"That's one thing I never had as a child Paul."
"That does not come as surprise ...."

092.gif

Jims Dentist

Allegedly, The Green Party wants all football floodlights powered this way in the future.

HV71

Allegedly, The Green Party wants all football floodlights powered this way in the future.

Fabulous - thanks for cheering me up