watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Favorite Fulham Cult Hero?

Started by charlieFFC, December 04, 2019, 03:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CottagersOnTour

Pantsil's lap of honor around the pitch after every game.

Peter Crouch mentions him on one of his podcasts as being absolutely mental on the pitch and a complete nutter.

https://www.balls.ie/football/peter-crouch-john-pantsil-trash-talk-398515

Ghana international, John Pantstil - who was with Fulham - was the target. Crouch did not specify which team he was playing for at the time but given that Panstil played for Fulham between 2008 and 2011, the striker was either in the colours of Portsmouth or Spurs.

"He went through me so I started giving him a bit of stick," said Crouch.

I was saying, 'Ah, you're useless. How are you even on this pitch? Your mates are laughing at you. You're costing this team every week.'

Then I had to ask him his name. I had a look at the back of his shirt.

Pantsil's demeanour quickly changed.

"I just saw him switch and he changed. I said to Aaron Hughes, 'What's the matter with this fella?' He said, 'He's a nutcase.' Basically, 'What have you done?'

"He [Pantsil] said he was going to end my career. He'd break my legs and this and that.

"He was playing right-side centre-half so I conveniently moved to the left side. He didn't care, he left a massive hole at one side of the pitch and he was just following me wherever I went. I was thinking, 'Oh my God, he's going to kill me.'

"He was throwing his elbows in, he was an absolute nutcase."

I Ronic

Because they brought something else to a game, my three are Facundo Sava, Karagounis ( you could take bets for how long it would be between him coming on and him standing on the fence beating his chest and pumping his arms) and final Pantsil, the one man crowd control. You'd daren't leave till he'd completed his lap.

BarneyTravers

Pongo for me....Kilburn's finest.

coysw

Sir Alec of good Stock

Ara Bedrossian might be worth adding to the list.

Mullers OG

Hatch007

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on December 06, 2019, 02:17:11 PM

That's a blast from the past and a great shout, indeed. There was even a Fanzine for a while based on his name. Mates of mine at the time used to write it.

ffcne

Sgt Fulham

Geeeeeeeeraaaaaaa. Loveable guy and scored the most important goal in our club's history.

Barrett487

Jimmy Conway, just in case no-one's mentioned him.

I also had a soft spot for Mison

Tabby

It is interesting how stark the difference between the three recent RB cult heroes are. Volz and Odoi are both consumate professionals and Pantsil is a madman.

The Old Count

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Barrett487 on December 07, 2019, 02:46:36 PM
Jimmy Conway, just in case no-one's mentioned him.

I also had a soft spot for Mison

There's a couple of good ones .... I saw Mison play in the cup away to Brighton... he was awesome

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: Hatch007 on December 07, 2019, 02:03:46 PM
Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on December 06, 2019, 02:17:11 PM

That's a blast from the past and a great shout, indeed. There was even a Fanzine for a while based on his name. Mates of mine at the time used to write it.
Absolutely Ara - I'm trying to keep the flame alive with my name on here.....

fulhamben

Ak 47 is now my all time favourite cult hero, purely on the back of picking up the city striker who was faking injury and trying to carry him off the pitch. Legend
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.