watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not Top Two

Started by FFC1987, December 07, 2019, 04:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Got to face up to it, this team under Parker aren't top two. Not calling for heads to roll or anything but its a big wake up call that whenever we get any kind of competitive team our way, we just don't take points and whenever we try and get close, we fumble. Its pretty pathetic. Under 4 wins in a row, we crumble at home to Bristol. Not impressed at all.

One Martin Thomas

Agreed ! There's no backbone to this side and I do mean "side" and not a "team"

FFC1987

The biggest indicator for me, is the complete lack of dominance at home against most teams. We either play well for 70 mins and get a draw, or we just implode and lose. We don't have consistency and personally, I'm through with Parker. If this was a season of consolidation and hoping for playoffs, then i'd tip my hat to him but the Khan's gambled on an inexperienced manager with the biggest wage/worth budget in the league and we can't outplay Bristol at home. Its pathetic. So I'm on the record in saying, I don't think Parkers up to it regardless of beat 4 lesser teams on the trot.

Tabby

The referee had a mare, but we didn't create much for the first 70 minutes of the game. Has to do better.

Russianrob

We don't deserve promotion.We are not premiership quality unless we make some amazing purchases  in the next transfer window.

Sgt Fulham

Want to see top two? Watch Leeds or West Brom. They're likely the two going up automatically and deservedly so, bar the dive from the WBA player against PNE. We're not good enough and in reality i knew this before kick off. That's not to say we're bad, but we're not as good as we should be. Theres something missing from our team that was present during our promotion season, and that's confidence. Back then we knew we were the better team every time we stepped on to that pitch and good luck to anyone who dare go toe to toe. We seem to be the lion that hasn't realised it has grown up and is at the top of the food chain.

Mitrovic
Cairney
Reid
Knockaert
Cavaleiro
Mawson
Bryan

We should be steamrollering teams, but we dont have the team mentality. I just hope we get it before we (hopefully) hit the playoffs because right now I dont see us beating a good team over two legs.

ChesterTheTabby

So long as we make playoffs I'm happy. And obviously I intend for us to win via playoffs.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sting of the North

Hopefully the team doesn't give up on promotion as easily as some on here. Because there's 26 more games to play.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 07, 2019, 05:22:10 PM
Hopefully the team doesn't give up on promotion as easily as some on here. Because there's 26 more games to play.

I fully expect them not to come top 2. I haven't given up, just changing expectation. Expecting them to come top 2 now is a fools errand.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Russianrob on December 07, 2019, 05:06:02 PM
We don't deserve promotion.We are not premiership quality unless we make some amazing purchases  in the next transfer window.

Bit over the top. We were on a run of four and had a bad day at the office and still were only a bad ref from at least a point. Four yellows after 93 minutes? Criminal.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 07, 2019, 05:24:56 PM

I fully expect them not to come top 2. I haven't given up, just changing expectation. Expecting them to come top 2 now is a fools errand.

As I said, I hope the players think otherwise.

Sgt Fulham

For top two we will have to 'click' and Leeds will have to fall apart (again). Not impossible, but you wouldn't bet money on it.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 07, 2019, 05:26:29 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on December 07, 2019, 05:24:56 PM

As I said, I hope the players think otherwise.

Me too. If I'm in that changing room looking at the table, I'd be pretty annoyed. You win 4 on the bounce then lose only to have the gap increase. On top of that, having much tougher fixtures to come. Ugh. Not a pleasant time for us.

S.F.Sorrow

Top two doesn't seem very likely. But I predicted 10th-12th before the start of the season so even top 6 will be far above expectations for me.  :54:

At least I'm enjoying this season, something I can't say for the last one in the PL.

MikeW

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 07, 2019, 05:08:00 PM
Want to see top two? Watch Leeds or West Brom. They're likely the two going up automatically and deservedly so, bar the dive from the WBA player against PNE. We're not good enough and in reality i knew this before kick off. That's not to say we're bad, but we're not as good as we should be. Theres something missing from our team that was present during our promotion season, and that's confidence. Back then we knew we were the better team every time we stepped on to that pitch and good luck to anyone who dare go toe to toe. We seem to be the lion that hasn't realised it has grown up and is at the top of the food chain.

Mitrovic
Cairney
Reid
Knockaert
Cavaleiro
Mawson
Bryan

We should be steamrollering teams, but we dont have the team mentality. I just hope we get it before we (hopefully) hit the playoffs because right now I dont see us beating a good team over two legs.

Mitrovic
Cairney
Reid
Knockaert
Cavaleiro
Mawson
Bryan

We need a sleeve's rolled up, shouty leader to galvanise this talented bunch into something that will not be beaten.  It ain't Cairney.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Bill2

Mitrovic
Cairney
Reid
Knockaert
Cavaleiro
Mawson
Bryan

Saw West Brom when we drew with them at the Cottage. We battered them and if wasn't for their keeper it could have been 6. So can't agree with this. Will see Leeds in a couple of weeks so can give an opinion then.

FFC1987

Quote from: Bill2 on December 07, 2019, 05:42:16 PM

Mitrovic
Cairney
Reid
Knockaert
Cavaleiro
Mawson
Bryan

Saw West Brom when we drew with them at the Cottage. We battered them and if wasn't for their keeper it could have been 6. So can't agree with this. Will see Leeds in a couple of weeks so can give an opinion then.

You can see why you're wrong here though right? We don't play well, we lose at home to a few teams now. We play well against a good side and only manage a draw at home. That's not something to gloat about.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Bill2 on December 07, 2019, 05:42:16 PM

Mitrovic
Cairney
Reid
Knockaert
Cavaleiro
Mawson
Bryan

Perhaps but I remember hanging on for a draw in the end. I would be very impressed if we beat Brentford let alone Leeds but we shall see.

grandad

There is no reason why some should give up on top 2 now. I will only do so when it is mathematically impossible.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

Quote from: grandad on December 07, 2019, 05:48:59 PM
There is no reason why some should give up on top 2 now. I will only do so when it is mathematically impossible.

They literally can't give up but we need to curb expectations now. I'd settle to finishing top 6 now really. I maintain, anything other than automatic promotion is underachieving with this team. Sadly, I can see this ending in tears for us, limping into playoffs, then being so inconsistent that we don't get to final. Just my feelings on that current crap being offered under Parker.