News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worst ref ever but it doesn’t hide the facts ......

Started by howitis, December 07, 2019, 06:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

I have seen very few ref performances worse than that. Taking all other decisions aside, the failure to give a penalty for the foul on Kebano was laughable.

Nonetheless, the ref dismal performance pales into insignificance vs Scott Parkers team selection, tactics, positional decisions and subs.

Against a back drop of a few decent results I have been adamant that we were lucky. Sorry but this team is a long way short of the team we got promoted with. That is not to say the squad is worse, it's just a case of poor tactics and a real lack of desire.

We are so unbalanced and far from a team !!! Today we had SJ busting a gut, Carvalio showing effort and great skill, Cairney not at his best but still better than most on the pitch.

Sadly we have a back 4 that are relegation material. Where do I start ? Joe Bryan has neither the ability or the desire to be in a Fulham shirt. I am sick to death of his "head down" crosses that lead to nothing. Tim Ream is a good footballer but in the division below. Mawson is another who should be plying his trade at a much lower level. I give some sympathy to Odoi, who is a good squad player and not without ability. He is a CB and should be used as such.

Parker should never have got the job but his lacklustre approach is mirrored on the pitch. Add to that his perplexing decision to keep playing Onomah (one of the laziest and technically indifferent players to ever wear a Fulham shirt) and you have real problems.

I am not a fan of the "crazy" Kamara but i know he is unpredictable and hard working so to see him waiting for 70 mins to replace Onomah is an insult to any paying fan.

Throw in the sub decision that sees christie replacing Odoi in the same RB position where we are chasing the match and my head begins to spin.

I don't care what the points total is. I don't care what some fans say on this board. I am telling you, we have a severely unbalanced team being led by a manager who is well out of his depth.

We have
Cairney,
SJ ( can't believe I'm saying that but it's where we have got to)
Cavaliro
Mitro
Arta (when fit)
GK (who looks a find)
The rest are the calibre of bottom 6 teams.

In conclusion, we are never top 2. We may limp into playoffs but I wouldn't want to get promoted with this team. I have seen a far better team get hammered in the prem and I can't face that again.

The championship has at least 7 managers better than ours. With our resources we deserve better. Any more time under Scott Parker is time wasted !!!

Sgt Fulham

I dont agree with all of your points. Odoi is not a CB, though he covered there well. However I do agree with a lot of your conclusions. We are not good enough and even if we scrape promotion it won't end well. We have an awful manager situation in that he should never have been appointed in the first place but hes not doing poorly enough to warrant the sack. We have left it too late and replacing him will only lead to more instability. Do we keep with him and hope an inexperienced manager comes good, or do we write off the season and plan for the next one? What a nightmare.

howitis

Sorry BBK but have you been to the last 4 games ? Are you a season ticket holder ?
Biggest wage bill in the division - thumped at home by Hull. Defeats to Bristol city and notts forest. Draws Vs wba and Charlton.
This is crap, end of.
I want passion and organisation. Neither of which is on display right now !!!

howitis

Not a reactionary post. I can show posts since Onomah debut Vs Saints making it clear that he was well short. I have said for some time now that things are not right.
Sadly for you, you will wait until the situation is untenable to put your neck on the block....

colinwhite

Ononomah  has been struggling but actually worked hard today and covered a lot of ground . Not great on the bal lbut he put a shift in. His best game so far I would say. Hes not going to be first choice but we had  3central midfielders missing ,so SP did not have a lot to choose from or Onomah would not have started. as for your other comments well its obvious that you dont have agreat understanding of the game. Sorry but, lucky in the last four games ? I rest my case.

70sPimlico

Quote from: howitis on December 07, 2019, 06:34:52 PM
Sadly for you, you will wait until the situation is untenable to put your neck on the block....

That's fulham forum gold.

We really do all thank you for putting your head on the block so soon.

You really do know how to pen a complaint letter.

Well done you. We're all behind you

SuffolkWhite

Just feel the formation is wrong and should be playing 4411. But injuries and form  play  a part. If onamah has to play then defo 4 midfield. Bristol are  a classic  well trained Championship side! But if we are to be top 2 we should beat them. Bad day at the office roll on the next game.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Skatzoffc

The ref didn't lose us the game.
Tho he was the worst for many moons imo.

Dot agree with the defensive criticism. I think the defence is "ok" for this level.
I agree the team is unbalanced.

But.
If I see Onomah start one more game ahead of the the other squad members I think I will lose it.
You don't wait/ hope the player will grow into a decent midfielder during a title race.
He should be regaining fitness in under 23 /reserve matches.

I cannot, for the life of me, see what they see in him. He is so dreadfully slow. His touch is atrocious and his positioning lacklustre.

The most worrying thing for me is that it will unsettle the dressing room.
If squad members are working hard to get a place in the team but see him picked, as he has been recently, after a string of very
poor performances they will be looking to get out of this club. I  know I would.

What is the point in working your socks of if he gets picked week in week out and plays as he has.
Its absolutely mind-boggling.

Kebano came on with 10mins to go and did more than Onomah has in the last 4 games.

Why did Parker wait so long to bring AK on and then sling him out on the wing. Unbelievable.

Don't get me wrong I'm not calling for Parker to go. He should get a season imo.
But if he is too stubborn to see the light of day, then potentially,  we have a serious problem on our hands.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Bill2

Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 07, 2019, 07:10:29 PM
The ref didn't lose us the game.
Tho he was the worst for many moons imo.

Dot agree with the defensive criticism. I think the defence is "ok" for this level.
I agree the team is unbalanced.

But.
If I see Onomah start one more game ahead of the the other squad members I think I will lose it.
You don't wait/ hope the player will grow into a decent midfielder during a title race.
He should be regaining fitness in under 23 /reserve matches.

I cannot, for the life of me, see what they see in him. He is so dreadfully slow. His touch is atrocious and his positioning lacklustre.

The most worrying thing for me is that it will unsettle the dressing room.
If squad members are working hard to get a place in the team but see him picked, as he has been recently, after a string of very
poor performances they will be looking to get out of this club. I  know I would.

What is the point in working your socks of if he gets picked week in week out and plays as he has.
Its absolutely mind-boggling.

Kebano came on with 10mins to go and did more than Onomah has in the last 4 games.

Why did Parker wait so long to bring AK on and then sling him out on the wing. Unbelievable.

Don't get me wrong I'm not calling for Parker to go. He should get a season imo.
But if he is too stubborn to see the light of day, then potentially,  we have a serious problem on our hands.

COYW!

Have to agree with a lot of this, the ref was rubbish let alone the penalty decision. I could not make head nor tail of his decisions and then he lost complete control of the game for the last 10 minutes.
However, we were awful in the first half and as for Onomah what is that Parker sees but no one on here does? When he went off and AK came on we improved immensely and then bringing on Kebano moved us up a level, but all to late.
I think the team is a strong one and most of our players would be starting for the majority of Championship clubs just need to gel a bit better and move the ball forward quicker a we are still too slow and allow the opposition too much time to regroup and pack their half of the pitch.

Southdowns White

Slow, sleepy and predictable, I'm not talking about the ref. We have not had a convincing performance for a while despite winning 4 in a row.

Robbie

SuffolkWhite

We are back to the tempo issue today and missed AK earliier and  Reid.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Milo

Had to clear up a few posts. It isn't fair to be so dismissive of a thread someone has put thought into.

bobbo

Quote from: Southdowns White on December 07, 2019, 07:40:06 PM
Slow, sleepy and predictable, I'm not talking about the ref. We have not had a convincing performance for a while despite winning 4 in a row.
so well put in just thee words .

But my main concern today was the referee . He was appalling and what makes hard to swallow is he will never be held accountable for his dreadfull performance, maybe his hierarchy will move him down but we will never get anything back. The penalty appeal near time was right in front of him.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SP

When a Brentford player on Quest says it was a penalty it really highlights how poor the decision was.

fulhamben

Wasn't just the ref who was bad, the Lino on the Johnny Haynes side was the worst lino I've ever seen. He waited for the ref to decide on which way to give every single throw in, corner/goal kick. And never flagged once for any of the numerous fouls.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SP

Quote from: fulhamben on December 07, 2019, 10:32:01 PM
Wasn't just the ref who was bad, the Lino on the Johnny Haynes side was the worst lino I've ever seen. He waited for the ref to decide on which way to give every single throw in, corner/goal kick. And never flagged once for any of the numerous fouls.

Noticed that too.  I also thought Knockers was two foot offside when put through on goal in the second half.

fulhamben

Quote from: SP on December 07, 2019, 10:39:14 PM
i was to near the hammey end to see the angle on that, but if the ref didn't give it, the Lino certainly wouldn't have known to put the flag up

Noticed that too.  I also thought Knockers was two foot offside when put through on goal in the second half.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Twig

I was going to post the same. That Lino was a coward.