more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Radio reporter

Started by South Coast White, December 08, 2019, 08:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Driving home after the game, I overheard a reporter commenting
"Fulhams defence looked like a group of men that just met in a car park" CLASSIC.

Andy S

Well the goals we conceded yesterday children would have been embarrassed to have let them in

Woolly Mammoth

It's the same old story unfortunately. A complete lack of physical presence. They need a proper leader at the back, to master the defence. Lack of overal height has always been a problem, and there is no tenacity, no depth, no balance. Teams find it easy to go through us, go round us, and go over us. Their  forwards must rub their hands. There is almost a naivety about us.
The way we defend will not get us promoted, I hope the club has a cunning plan for the January Window, as I do not think Hector will be enough, he will need others around him.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 08, 2019, 11:47:59 AM
It's the same old story unfortunately. A complete lack of physical presence. They need a proper leader at the back, to master the defence. Lack of overal height has always been a problem, and there is no tenacity, no depth, no balance. Teams find it easy to go through us, go round us, and go over us. Their  forwards must rub their hands. There is almost a naivety about us.
The way we defend will not get us promoted, I hope the club has a cunning plan for the January Window, as I do not think Hector will be enough, he will need others around him.   
Neither goal was due to a lack of height. The midfielder that scored the first simply wasn't picked up, and I thought Bryan was late on the scene. Generally I thought we did well against the height and strength of their no 9 who was a physical challenge all game.

I thought City were a half-decent attacking team. First half they created a bit and headed straight at Rodak from 7 yards out  (mind you Mitro headed two yards over the bar from similar distance). Their second was a well-worked goal but again positionally we were caught out. However apart from that I don't recall Rodak having to do very much in the second half. I do know that conceding a goal a half is not good enough, but maybe a bit of credit too to City who attacked with pace in the first half.

FFC1987

Quote from: Whitesideup on December 08, 2019, 01:51:06 PM
Neither goal was due to a lack of height. The midfielder that scored the first simply wasn't picked up, and I thought Bryan was late on the scene. Generally I thought we did well against the height and strength of their no 9 who was a physical challenge all game.

I thought City were a half-decent attacking team. First half they created a bit and headed straight at Rodak from 7 yards out  (mind you Mitro headed two yards over the bar from similar distance). Their second was a well-worked goal but again positionally we were caught out. However apart from that I don't recall Rodak having to do very much in the second half. I do know that conceding a goal a half is not good enough, but maybe a bit of credit too to City who attacked with pace in the first half.

I don't think people are disrespecting Bristol but being critical of Fulham. We were poor and lost at home, and even second half, I thought Bristol looked the more likely to score. Sad that this squad is falling short, such an under achievement.

Whitesideup

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 08, 2019, 01:54:55 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on December 08, 2019, 01:51:06 PM

I don't think people are disrespecting Bristol but being critical of Fulham. We were poor and lost at home, and even second half, I thought Bristol looked the more likely to score. Sad that this squad is falling short, such an under achievement.
I thought we had more, and far better chances, than City in the second half. And that was without a stonewall penalty. I also thought Kebano's header was going to dip under the bar!

It always seems that we have to be poor though, never that other teams have a right to be half-decent themselves. Thought their number 42 in the middle of midfield had a very tidy game, and they generally were quick to get their defensive shape. City overall probably did enough to justify a point away from home against a team on very similar points, but had the moments gone our way, and had we had a real referee, we could have won that game.

Fulham 442

WindyCity

Quote from: South Coast White on December 08, 2019, 08:06:49 AM
Driving home after the game, I overheard a reporter commenting
"Fulhams defence looked like a group of men that just met in a car park" CLASSIC.

Haha, sadly though, pretty close to the truth!  But a leaky defense has been something FFC has struggled with for a couple of seasons now.  Maybe we get some help in Jan, along with Hector maybe some more back line help.  There was a clip I saw yesterday where there were 3 BC players all ganging up on Rodak over a header opportunity, but luckily a goal was not scored.  It just goes to show how leaky and weak FFC can be at the backline.  Rodak, though, to his credit, has been very good recently, and a large factor in the 4 on the trot previous to yesterdays' debacle.

bog

On the credit side, at least, after that daft penalty denial we still kept going and hit the bar, easily we could have gone flat.   

092.gif