watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in Preston v Fulham

Started by Baston White, December 10, 2019, 06:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEEVES

Just as we were hitting form all of our players get injured. Can't see that lineup doing anything. Would love to be wrong..

Fulham 442

Cairney ill again? Really disappointing although he clearly wasn't at his best against Bristol City

Moltobueno

Very odd lineup and bench aswell.

Hopefully every FFC supporter will be positively surprised but really hard to see it at the moment.

SuffolkWhite

Would take a point right now. Injury and illnesses cant be helped. COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

sunburywhite

Preston 15/8
Draw 12/58
Fulham 13/10

Can I have some of what Paddy Power are smoking
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

love4ffc

Quote from: Baston White on December 10, 2019, 06:49:10 PM
Rodák, Christie, Mawson, Ream, Odoi, Knockaert, Johansen, Onomah, Cavaleiro, Kamara, Mitrović.

Can't say the line up makes any sense.  I understand man managment and resting players but this line up baffles me. 

1. Don't understand why Onomah is on in place of Tom?  I would have thought to rest Stefjo for the weekend match and leave Tom in. 

2. I like that AK47 is on but I would rather he be in place of Knockaert and start Kebano just behind Mitro as Kebano plays more like Bobby Reid's style of supporting and making important runs into the box. 

3. I am ok with Christie being in the starting XI but would have him play a holding defensive role.  Take Onamah off, place Christie there and let Tom have a more free role in the midfield be a creator of plays.  Keep Bryan in as LB knowing that Christie is there to help with cover when Joe goes forward. 

Rodak
Odoi   Mawson   Ream   Bryan
Ak47    Christie      Tom     Ivan
                 Kobano
                       Mitro 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Tom has a cold?  Ok, no worries.  Play anyone beside Onomah.  Drop O'riley or Luca into the spot and see what they can do. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Statto

Having calmed down and reflected, 10 of those players are quality players at this level, at least. Good GK, good defence, good front 4 (albeit Knockaert well off form) and one decent midfielder.

grandad

TC has an illness according to the Club. Not sure this would have been his type of game. Going to be very physical & he is not renowned for getting stuck in. We really miss not having Reed, Reid & Arter. Bryan is still not 100%
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 10, 2019, 07:01:07 PM
Substitutes
1Bettinelli
7Kebano
23Bryan
33O'Riley
36De La Torre
39Taylor-Crossdale
46Harris
LOL so no bench at all really! FFS!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Statto on December 10, 2019, 07:27:16 PM
Having calmed down and reflected, 10 of those players are quality players at this level, at least. Good GK, good defence, good front 4 (albeit Knockaert well off form) and one decent midfielder.
Counting is not your forte then, who are the 10 quality players, I am struggling to count past 6 and I am an accountant!

davew

Quote from: love4ffc on December 10, 2019, 07:26:41 PM
Tom has a cold?  Ok, no worries.  Play anyone beside Onomah.  Drop O'riley or Luca into the spot and see what they can do. 
Quote from: Moltobueno on December 10, 2019, 07:12:50 PM
Very odd lineup and bench aswell.

Hopefully every FFC supporter will be positively surprised but really hard to see it at the moment.
The last time Parker announced such a strange line up, we got stuffed, history revisited tonight! No confidence in us getting any points tonight!

Sting of the North

I don't understand the outrage from some. Surely this lineup is forced by injuries and illnesses? If TC, Kmac, Reid, Reed and Arter are all out then of course it is difficult to put together a good midfield. I assume that they are out, because otherwise surely they would have been named as subs at least.

Also assume that Bryan is not 100 %, but in his case it may actually be that he is left out on the back of some not so good performances. This is also what I would call Onomah's real baptism of fire for Fulham. Now we need him to step his game up a notch and show that he at least can compete at this level for us. He needs to get involved more than on Saturday, otherwise we will likely struggle badly.

Also note that Steven Sess. is missing again after having been on the bench on Saturday. Looking at the bench, will only have to assume that he had a set back in his recovery from injury (or caught something new of course).

twang

So we're missing the following players? Quite incredible to have so many central midfielders out at the same time.

Sessegnon
Le Marchand
McDonald
Arter
Reed
Cairney
Reid

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on December 10, 2019, 07:32:22 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 10, 2019, 07:27:16 PM
Counting is not your forte then, who are the 10 quality players, I am struggling to count past 6 and I am an accountant!

That is worrying then, because I can easily count 10 players that has already proven more than capable at this level for Fulham, albeit not all regularly and not all in the best of form. The obvious exception is of course Onomah.

Luka

Should have called it 442 as that's what it'll be within 15 minutes

I Ronic

SP said after the Bristol game, he was proud of his team. So it has to be injuries. He's sticking with Onomah because he obviously sees something in the lad. Roy stuck with unfancied players and nine times out of ten he was right.
Still think we're gonna win.

davew

Quote from: love4ffc on December 10, 2019, 07:26:41 PM
You mean Tom doesn´t like the cold?