Previous topic - Next topic

Parker out?

Parker out
51 (50%)
Give him more time
51 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 102

mancwhite

Not sure about injuries but that starting line up of Mitro/Kamara/Knockhart and Cav unbalanced. But with the sending off taking Cav off rather than either Kamara or Knockhart seemed to me an inept call. Mawson was dire - Rodak and Stefjo put in a sterling effort. Really should have got Kebano on earlier. Overall the quality of our passing even simple passing was poor let alone our crossing. Unfortunately Kamara regressed to last years form pointless shooting from way out at least Mitro has earned the right to do that. Clearly not going to be a top two team but the play offs are still achievable
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Luka

Quote from: grandad on December 10, 2019, 10:04:05 PM
You do realize that we were without Cairney, Arter, Reid, Reed, Sess, MLM & a half fit Bryan. What other team selection could SP have made. What guarantee of promotion would there be in replacing SP now. There is no one available out there that I would want. It would be a backward step. New manager, coaches, tactics unrest in the squad. No thanks.
We did have Mitro, AK, Knockers,Carvalio,SJ,Ream,Mawson, Odoi, Bryan and Kebano available though.
Any manager worth his wage should be able to get a tune out of that bunch.
Instead we got this.

The Enclosurite

Need to pull out a performance on Saturday. The away end at Brentford can be very unforgiving for a manager (and players) trudging into the tunnel after a stinker.
¡COYW!

Milo

Poll up! Parker in or out after tonight.

Maidstone Lee

I'm afraid i've gone for out. Believe he has taken us as far as he can and seems like he will not change the style of play. Defeat to Brentford would be the final nail in the coffin.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Fulhamfan666

SuffolkWhite

Get rid of SP now and you might lose the squad and some decent members of the team in January. We are aiming for top 6 now, it is what it is however disappointing. Roll on the next game.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

fulhamben

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on December 10, 2019, 11:25:08 PM
Get rid of SP now and you might lose the squad and some decent members of the team in January. We are aiming for top 6 now, it is what it is however disappointing. Roll on the next game.
we thought that when joka left too, turns out the khans are persuasive. And isn't it just as likely that we lose top talent due to the fact that we can't compete for automatic promotion
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

St Eve

What bothers me is that we are all upset and we are 3rd. The reason is that we should be running away with this division and we would be if Joka was running the show. It is so frustrating and I just hope that this isn't a season lost

Fernhurst

Two new chances to wipe our slate clean ...... We are gonna get spanked in each.

Wonder if Scotty can come up with a plan to combat each/either?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

love4ffc

Parker out is abit harsh.  Yes, he is frustrating me with picking Onomah but agree with Grandad, slim pickings on the bench due to illness, injuries and oh yeah...now we got odoi to thank   :doh:   

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

I don't see the logic in getting rid of SP, does anyone really expect that a manager who is out there available is going to improve our position. There is not enough players in the squad good enough to take us into the Premier, far too many unforced errors, and a back line in the main is powder puff and without any leader to Marshall the defence. We have a thin squad that is already stretched. Still plenty of games to go to turn it around, if we can bring in some reinforcements, but the evidence so far is that the team is too milky and a soft touch, that there is no doubt, and too many loans undermines the the teams appetite and desire. We can still make the play offs, but that's about as far as we will go, but sacking SP will serve no purpose but to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. If we were down in the bottom half I could understand some anger, but a manager is only as good as the players he has under his command.
Take away the cheque book from a lot of successful managers, and suddenly they are not immortal after all, bringing in another manager will compound the problem not solve it. There is no quick fix.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Spirit of 2000

Been underwhelmed by Parker since day 1. Would get rid and genuinely dont believe he's the sort of manager to drag a team through the playoffs. Anyone who keeps picking Knockaert and Onomah isnt seeing what most people are.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 11, 2019, 05:03:08 AM
I don't see the logic in getting rid of SP, does anyone really expect that a manager who is out there available is going to improve our position. There is not enough players in the squad good enough to take us into the Premier, far too many unforced errors, and a back line in the main is powder puff and without any leader to Marshall the defence. We have a thin squad that is already stretched. Still plenty of games to go to turn it around, if we can bring in some reinforcements, but the evidence so far is that the team is too milky and a soft touch, that there is no doubt, and too many loans undermines the the teams appetite and desire. We can still make the play offs, but that's about as far as we will go, but sacking SP will serve no purpose but to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. If we were down in the bottom half I could understand some anger, but a manager is only as good as the players he has under his command.
Take away the cheque book from a lot of successful managers, and suddenly they are not immortal after all, bringing in another manager will compound the problem not solve it. There is no quick fix.

We all know we aren't going up via the autos. We have enough quality in the squad to get in the playoffs. But with Parker in charge, we have no chance of winning them.

It's not about the immediate success, it's about Parker taking the team as far as he could, and we need better.

This squad is carrying him, hence why we're 3rd and have barely played well all season.

MJG

I find it odd given I'm no fan of his, but I still won't bring myself to asking for a manager who is sitting in 3rd/4th to be sacked, especially when I saw nothing more than playoffs anyway.
Although with Brentford and Leeds coming up he could be looking at 4 losses in a row if he doesn't get something going, one loss away from my 5 losses in a row flag in the ground where managers really need to be sacked or a bloody good explanation given.
Just the views of a long term fan

fulhamben

did you read my post fully woolly? I said it's not about position but more the fact that it's a chore to watch us nowadays. Can you honestly say you enjoy watching a Parker team? If your answers no, then how can you defend him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on December 11, 2019, 07:32:16 AM

did you read my post fully woolly? I said it's not about position but more the fact that it's a chore to watch us nowadays. Can you honestly say you enjoy watching a Parker team? If your answers no, then how can you defend him
I understand your point Ben but what if fulham were top and as dull as dishwater? many say results are all that matter, hes getting them to a point so far this season.
Just the views of a long term fan

Neil D

I remember how astonished many were when Birmingham sacked Rowett and they were seventh at the time.  That worked out well for them.  There are no stand-out teams in the chasing pack but at least we are there. 

Classic94

Out. Millwall, Derby and Reading aside, I think we've been terribly underwhelming all season. The team seldom looks in any kind of form, even through our 4 game winning run. We're yet to beat a side in the current top 9 and so many talented individuals are playing within themselves. Performances are often monotonous, ineffective and predictable, but we win games due to moments of individual brilliance from Mitrovic, Cairney etc. A great manager truly makes a difference at this level; see Leeds and WBA who are now streets ahead of us. Parker's simply miles off the required standard. Granted, he's a rookie learning the ropes and will make mistakes. However, we, as a club chasing automatic promotion to the PL need better. Our manager has an embarrassment of riches at his disposal which he is failing to utilise effectively.