Agree with the rest however

Oh, I remember him being called up though
STH H3

Jims Dentist

Quote from: @jolslover on December 13, 2019, 07:08:55 PM
Quote from: Chutney on December 13, 2019, 01:00:27 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 12, 2019, 07:16:34 PM
Quote from: Chutney on December 12, 2019, 12:20:42 PM
Our squad is not better than West Brom or Leeds. They have actual good defenders. We didn't sign a single defender over the summer. this failure is not just down to the manager, glad somebody else can see this!

Bartley used to be a joke to WBA fans. Nathan Ferguson is a kid.

Leeds have wingers at full back, and quite often Berardi at CB.

They both make do, because they have a good manager.

Odoi Mawson Ream Bryan is easily good enough to push promotion.

Its good enough for a play offs push.

Bryan was the best LB in the Championship 2 seasons ago, Ream was in the best 4 CBs in the Championship 2 seasons ago and our player of the season, Mawson is capped for England and everyone was describing it as a top signing when we bought him into our premier league side and if you swap Odoi for Christie then Christie was consistently the best RB in the division (excluding Fredericks) before he joined us

In what world is that defence not good enough for automatic promotion??

Lets compare that with Leeds - Ayling a bang average Championship defender who has always been in and around mid table. Berardi a fullback converted to a CB, walking red card playing in Serie B before Leeds and alongside Ayling was part of a Leeds team that consistently finished mid table before Bielsa came in. Dallas an average championship winger converted to a fullback under Bielsa and Ben White who admittedly looks good but before this season had no experience above league 1 level

Please please stop saying that our defence is a joke... Our defence is the weak point of our team and is still the best in the division. With Bielsa or Billic we would be setting a Championship points record
Wow Jols, it is very rare for you to criticize!
You are defending the defenders to a point.
By comparison are you not happy with Parker.

FFC1987

Quote from: @jolslover on December 14, 2019, 01:32:21 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 13, 2019, 08:58:17 PM
Mawson is not capped for England

Agree with the rest however

Oh, I remember him being called up though

Statto might remember the specifics but upon his call up he picked up an injury and pulled out I believe?

In regards to your post Jol, I'm with you. I got in a debate about pretty much this suggesting it was a manager problem claiming it was simple to see but was lambasted for it. I honestly don't see how people think players have become mid table or lower standard all of a sudden and that it's really likely, Parker and his tactics just aren't getting the most out of people. But hey ho. I take no pleasure from being right as I just want prosperous times for us as fans and the club as a whole.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: howitis on December 10, 2019, 10:24:27 PM
You are bang on and to make matters worse we have had some of these players for some time now so know full well their limitations. It is a disgrace that the defence is this bad. There is just no excuse. Bad buying and ultimately poor management which has been unable to install any sense of togetherness or mental/physical resistence amongst this dysfunctional crew.
I want to list the players that are surplus to requirements but the list is now too long and it's far quicker to focus on the retention list. That list however is probably now in danger of being a "get me out of here" list !!
Just for the record but its obvious:-
Mitro
Cavaleiro
Decordova-Reid (i appreciate its early days but he has shown enough to me despite being played out of position)
Cairney
SJ
Sessegnon
Rodak (still think we need a GK but showing great potential)
Arter (still think he could be good for us)

As for the rest either the the best is behind you (Odoi/McDonald) or you have always been crap (endless list ......

I agree with your list apart from

Arter. imo a liability and not every talented. I would bring through Harrison Reed but give him the ball more. But that is down to the poor tactics of Parker.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !