watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mawson

Started by ffcne, December 11, 2019, 05:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcne

Pathetic attempt to block shot for first goal.
Outmuscled and weak for the second.Check his stats compared to
opposite number.

One Martin Thomas

That first goal with the way he lost the ball for the corner was a joke .... that goal was the catalyst Preston needed after a poor run of results to get into the match ; cheers Mawson

Sgt Fulham

He got out jumped and out muscled by a skinny guy 3 inches shorter and 9 years older than himself. Inexcusable.

Milo

Also easily our weakest passer and liable to give the ball away.

I think personally he is the wrong man for our current tactics (of passing out from back) let alone his actual defensive errors.

Steven Ageroad

When we bought him from Swansea he was an England prospect, since he's joined us he's gone backwards.
Hector can't come soon enough!

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on December 11, 2019, 08:47:39 AM
When we bought him from Swansea he was an England prospect, since he's joined us he's gone backwards.
Hector can't come soon enough!

Well put !!!

Spirit of 2000

Hector must play and partner the least dreadful of Ream/Mawson (at least the former has been a good player for us and in this division) - unless Christie at RB and Odoi CB. Mawson is right up there with the biggest disappointment of recent signings. How was this bloke rated on the verge of an England call up is beyond me. He's not physically dominant, technically great, quick, doesn't read the game brilliantly .... £15 million quid?? Swansea must be laughing all the way to the bank.Give me one of the CB's we had back in the lower divisions every day over Mawson - a Mark Blake or Danny Cullip were head & shoulders better CB's.

Slaphead in Qatar

Was going to start a thread on this myself.

Another player we paid way over the odds for

colinwhite

very poor yesterday ,and at fault for both goals

Statto

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 11, 2019, 08:57:39 AM
How was this bloke rated on the verge of an England call up is beyond me.

He wasn't "on the verge of" an England call-up, he got an England call-up.

In about 18 months since then, he's...
Played in front of three different GKs, two of whom were poor
Had what, four different CB partners, all of whom have been poor
Played under three managers, all of whom have been poor

Generally in a team that's been unhappy and under-performing

Oh and he's had two knee operations, one of which he was recovering from when we signed him (thanks Tony)

These could be the reasons he looks poor. Or it could just be that the whole of the football community misjudged his ability 18 months ago and only a few posters on this forum have managed to suss out the truth that actually he's crap.

colinwhite

Dont think hes crap ,but perhaps not the optimal CB for our team just now.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on December 11, 2019, 10:04:17 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 11, 2019, 08:57:39 AM
How was this bloke rated on the verge of an England call up is beyond me.

He wasn't "on the verge of" an England call-up, he got an England call-up.

In about 18 months since then, he's...
Played in front of three different GKs, two of whom were poor
Had what, four different CB partners, all of whom have been poor
Played under three managers, all of whom have been poor

Generally in a team that's been unhappy and under-performing

Oh and he's had two knee operations, one of which he was recovering from when we signed him (thanks Tony)

These could be the reasons he looks poor. Or it could just be that the whole of the football community misjudged his ability 18 months ago and only a few posters on this forum have managed to suss out the truth that actually he's crap.

I think its obvious at this stage that the knee operations have had an impact on him physically and he's not the same player. It does happen sadly and I don't see, even with coaching how, unless his body completely heals with physio and his confidence back, so healed mentally, he'll ever climb those heights again. he got absolutely out schooled by a Nugent who hadn't scored for how long and was absolutely low on confidence.....

Bill2

Seen too many goals conceded where he has not been close enough to the person who scores, let the guy who scored the 1st goal last night get away from him.

Milo

To be fair I have consistently felt this season that he was our weak link. And not in a.. blinkered horse sort of way..

H4usuallysitting

Maybe a blinkered horse would be a good addition to our back 4

sunburywhite

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 11, 2019, 07:28:11 PM
Maybe a blinkered horse would be a good addition to our back 4

Not necessarily as like Mawson he will have 2 left feet
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

One Martin Thomas

Week defending again for their goal Mr Mawson .... 🙄

somersetwhite

Sell him in January, no place for him..

@jolslover

Honestly how did we pay so much for this guy - Some people really thought he would solve our issues because he is 6'2 and British

Worse value for money than Seri and Anguissa - See how much we sell those 2 for and I guarantee it will be a higher % of what we paid for them than Mawson.
STH H3

Luka

He is a 6'2"  division one level defender at this moment in time.
He just doesn't seem to do anything to suggest otherwise at the moment.