Team for Brentford

Started by Maidstone Lee, December 11, 2019, 10:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic94

Just not Onomah or Knockaert.

Spirit of 2000

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 12, 2019, 02:02:55 AM
Parker doesn't seem to understand rotation, so now we have half injuried squad Betts, S.Sess, Odoi, Mawson, Ream, MLM, Bryan, Reed, Arter, Stefjo, Cairney and Reid all struggling with injuries, that's almost everyone apart from Rodak and some forwards.

Parker should sack whoever is managing injuries immediately or he has to go.

Are Ream and Mawson really struggling with injuries? Or are you just guessing to support your argument?

Odoi has been rotated, and is also not injured (although suspended). Again, nothing to do with lack of rotation.

Bettinelli isn't injured is he? And he also hasn't played much, so if he's injured it is not because of lack of rotation.

MLM has hardly played, so the injury is not because of a lack of rotation.

Arter managed to get plenty of rest through suspension and being dropped before he got injured. Not because lack of rotation.

Johansen's injury was first mentioned when he had mostly been stuck on the bench. If him playing would mean that the injury gets worse, this could borderline be considered an injury partially because of lack of rotation. That the injury gets worse is however something that has been specifically denied, in the only brief mention we have actually seen.

Steven Sess. had already been benched before he got injured. Not because of lack of rotation.

Cairney was allegedly ill, not injured. Lack of rotation has not caused an injury, because as far as we now he is not injured.

Reid has been in and out of the starting eleven all season, so he has been rotated. He still got injured, but based on how he has actually been utilized it seems strange to allocate the injury to a lack of rotation.

Reed may at least at a glance fit into your argument, since he did start fairly consistently and is now injured. It should be noted however that he had a 2 week break (because of internationals) right before the game in which he got injured. Again, the facts are against your assessment.

Bryan is probably the only case that may support your argument. It is unfortunately hard for most teams to rotate all players.

Hopefully Parker or upper management will base any decisions on personnel change on a more thorough assessment.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 12, 2019, 10:39:54 AM
Parker doesn't seem to understand rotation, so now we have half injuried squad Betts, S.Sess, Odoi, Mawson, Ream, MLM, Bryan, Reed, Arter, Stefjo, Cairney and Reid all struggling with injuries, that's almost everyone apart from Rodak and some forwards.

Are Ream and Mawson really struggling with injuries? Or are you just guessing to support your argument?

Odoi has been rotated, and is also not injured (although suspended). Again, nothing to do with lack of rotation.

Bettinelli isn't injured is he? And he also hasn't played much, so if he's injured it is not because of lack of rotation.

Arter managed to get plenty of rest through suspension and being dropped before he got injured. Not because lack of rotation.

Johansen's injury was first mentioned when he had mostly been stuck on the bench. If him playing would mean that the injury gets worse, this could borderline be considered an injury partially because of lack of rotation. That the injury gets worse is however something that has been specifically denied, in the only brief mention we have actually seen.

Steven Sess. had already been benched before he got injured. Not because of lack of rotation.

Cairney was allegedly ill, not injured. Lack of rotation has not caused an injury, because as far as we now he is not injured.

Reid has been in and out of the starting eleven all season, so he has been rotated. He still got injured, but based on how he has actually been utilized it seems strange to allocate the injury to a lack of rotation.

Reed may at least at a glance fit into your argument, since he did start fairly consistently and is now injured. It should be noted however that he had a 2 week break (because of internationals) right before the game in which he got injured. Again, the facts are against your assessment.

Bryan is probably the only case that may support your argument. It is unfortunately hard for most teams to rotate all players.

Hopefully Parker or upper management will base any decisions on personnel change on a more thorough assessment.

+1 A well reasoned post.

Maidstone Lee

Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Chutney

The absolute state of that defence....

Unfortunately it probably is the best we have to offer.
C O Y W

twang

It sound like we can only expect Cairney and Sess back for this game, which is bad news and really makes you wonder what kind of injuries the other players have... However with the players available, I'd go with:

Rodak
Christie - Mawson - Ream - Bryan
Cairney - O'Riley - Johansen
Kamara - Mitrovic - Cavaleiro

Bench: Bettinelli, Sessegnon, Onomah, de la Torre, Kebano, Knockaert & Taylor-Crossdale

filham

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on December 11, 2019, 10:42:11 AM
Mine would be;

Rodak

Christie Mawson Ream Bryan

StefJo Cairney

Kamara Reid Kebano

Mitrovic

Thinking behind this is that I presume Odoi will now be banned, we don't really have any other options at CB or LB. Hopefully Cairney and Reid are back and Konckhaert does not merit a starting place following recent performances. Kebano deserves a start. Thoughts?
I will go along with the above but really before selecting a starting line up a quick glance at the injured list would be helpful.
Interesting to note that the only one of our summer signings to make our selected team is Reid. Have we again wasted money on new players.

MrFFC

For me if people are fit

Rodak

Christie       Mawson        Ream          Bryan

Cairney   Johansen

Kamara                Reid                 Cavaleiro

Mitrovic

Subs - Bettinelli , S Sess , McDonald , Onomah , Knockeart , Kebano , Taylor-Crossdale

Come on you Whites!! :)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 12, 2019, 11:10:54 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on December 12, 2019, 10:39:54 AM

+1 A well reasoned post.

When everyone was saying we have a great XI for the Championship. Before the season, I was posting about squad depth in midfield and attacking area believing the lack of rotation may lead to injuries.

During the season when almost no players were injured, i was concerned about the statistically least rotated squad may become the most injured, which has occurred.

Your post undoubtedly post huge weakinesses in my argument implying the correlation between these two events are directly related, but what i said would happen happened and while i may not have uncovered the exact cause of the injury crisis, what i can say is Parker's selections didn't prioritise injury minimisation and maybe other aspects of his coaching don't prioritise injury minimisation either.

Whatever the cause of our injury crisis it costing us points. Betts and Mawson are shadows of their former self and at an age he should be peaking in the future, not the past. Ream was one of the best defenders in the Championship at 30 yo and started this season as 31 yo looking like his days are number as a championship player. The same applies to Knockaert and Arter that are both in their late 20s, but we talk like their getting on. Bryan and Reid also not in peak fitness compared to two seasons ago. Cairney is also getting sick a bit. This squad of players would have got 50+ points at this stage of the season two years ago, none of these players are old and now we are sitting at 35 points with many injured.

In truth, i may have the wrong answers, but i was asking the right question before the season How do we keep our players injury free? and now Why are they injured now? I don't think Parker and his staff know the answer to either question and FFC needs someone that does know the answer, which as you correctly pointed out maybe not me.

love4ffc

Quote from: twang on December 12, 2019, 02:51:00 PM
It sound like we can only expect Cairney and Sess back for this game, which is bad news and really makes you wonder what kind of injuries the other players have... However with the players available, I'd go with:

Rodak
Christie - Mawson - Ream - Bryan
Cairney - O'Riley - Johansen
Kamara - Mitrovic - Cavaleiro

Bench: Bettinelli, Sessegnon, Onomah, de la Torre, Kebano, Knockaert & Taylor-Crossdale

Agree with this for the most part.  Listened to the Parker prematch interview for the bees.  He said the team is still dealing with the same injuries that were there last Tuesday.  Tom and Steven were able to do a light workout and things were looking positive for them both to be available for Saturday. 

If that is the case I would like to see one of two things.  First, I would prefer to go alittle bit more defensive.  If that is not an option due to Parker being unflexable with his style of play then I would like to see the same starting XI but in a 4-3-3. 

More defensive 4-4-2

Rodak
Christie    Mawson     Ream     Bryan

Cavaleiro   Tom       StefJo        AK 

Kebano        Mitro

Swap Cavaleiro and AK, as others have said I think Cavaleiro plays better on the right.  Let Tom sit a bit deep looking to be the creative one allowing StefJo to make those important runs that make things happen in the opposing side. 

Kebano is the closet thing I believe to a player like Bobby Reid, who I believe works well with Mitro in the final third. 

If Scott is looking to go more attacking then fine.  Same lineup only set up as following;

Rodak
Christie    Mawson     Ream     Bryan

Cavaleiro         StefJo           Tom           

Kebano            Mitro              AK   

I truely believe this is our strongest line up currently with all of the team's injuries. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 12, 2019, 11:57:54 PM

When everyone was saying we have a great XI for the Championship. Before the season, I was posting about squad depth in midfield and attacking area believing the lack of rotation may lead to injuries.

During the season when almost no players were injured, i was concerned about the statistically least rotated squad may become the most injured, which has occurred.

Your post undoubtedly post huge weakinesses in my argument implying the correlation between these two events are directly related, but what i said would happen happened and while i may not have uncovered the exact cause of the injury crisis, what i can say is Parker's selections didn't prioritise injury minimisation and maybe other aspects of his coaching don't prioritise injury minimisation either.

Whatever the cause of our injury crisis it costing us points. Betts and Mawson are shadows of their former self and at an age he should be peaking in the future, not the past. Ream was one of the best defenders in the Championship at 30 yo and started this season as 31 yo looking like his days are number as a championship player. The same applies to Knockaert and Arter that are both in their late 20s, but we talk like their getting on. Bryan and Reid also not in peak fitness compared to two seasons ago. Cairney is also getting sick a bit. This squad of players would have got 50+ points at this stage of the season two years ago, none of these players are old and now we are sitting at 35 points with many injured.

In truth, i may have the wrong answers, but i was asking the right question before the season How do we keep our players injury free? and now Why are they injured now? I don't think Parker and his staff know the answer to either question and FFC needs someone that does know the answer, which as you correctly pointed out maybe not me.

We have good squad depth in both midfield and the attacking area, so it would have been very possible to rotate. As such, your concerns before the season were unfounded. For the front 3 we have Mitro, Cavaleiro, Knockaert, Kamara, Kebano, Reid (+ Onomah has been used there). That's 6 very competent Championship players (on paper). For midfield we have Kmac, Cairney, Johansen, Arter, Reed, Reid, Onomah (+ youngsters) for 3 spots. All competent Championship players (on paper), of which at least 6 would be starters in many other teams in this league.

It is not reasonable to have a squad with much more than 20 established Championship players, especially with FFP. At some point youngsters have to be able to play their part in case of a crisis.

Notwithstanding the above and the fact that we have rotated a bit, but you still have shown nothing that points to a lack of rotation being the cause of our injuries. So the argument that Parker's selections doesn't prioritize injury minimization may or may not be wrong, but it has seemingly not cost us. There are medical professionals involved with the club, and yet you just state that they don't know what they are doing because you disagree. The evidence is not in your favor however. Or at least there is no evidence of it that you have been able to provide. So, to be frank, what you said would happen did not happen as far as we know. Something else (or in reality probably several other things) happened, that may have happened to provide a similar result.

The key in your post is the "whatever the cause of the injury crisis". We clearly have no clue what the cause is. It could just be pure luck, or it could be pure incompetence from FFC. It is not support of your argument that Parker and his staff don't know the answer to your question. Doesn't mean that it may not be true.

Further, your "right question" of how do we keep our players injury free is indeed a valid question as such. It is however extremely broad. It's a little like asking, how do we score goals? It's not that it is not important, but there are many factors involved (of which a not insignificant one is luck/coincidence). Your initial thought was that it is important to rotate a lot.

Lastly, do we have an unusual amount of injuries compared to other teams this time of year? Or do they just happen to have occured to players playing roughly the same positions?

Sting of the North

Sorry for going off topic, I will stop now.

075.gif  :Get Coat gif:

bobbo

Quote from: Statto on December 12, 2019, 10:13:37 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 12, 2019, 10:07:06 AM
Quote from: Classic94 on December 12, 2019, 09:46:01 AM
Just not Onomah or Knockaert.

0001.jpeg  :plus one:
oh yes me too . Knockheart promised so much , it's now apparent why Brighton loaned him out.

+2
1975 just leaving home full of hope

MikeW

Think Kebano deserves a start
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

SP

Quote from: Manti on December 12, 2019, 06:39:50 PM
Raya,
Dalsgaard, Jansson, Pinnock, Henry
Da Silva, Norsgaard, Jenson
Mbeuno, Watkins, Benrahma

4 nil Bees

You reds!

Properly sold out Griffin Park 10 days before the match. Never happened in my lifetime before and I'm 64! Hope we are both in the Premiership next year to Christen our shiney new stadium! Lots of pubs near it but not one on each corner.

Welcome to the board.  Glad you're looking forward to our visit, can you explain why you weren't able to sell anywhere near out for your recent fixture with Cardiff?

S.F.Sorrow

Part of me thinks Kebano deserves a start. But has always looked better coming from the bench as an impact sub, hasn't he?

rusty shackleford

Is there anyone who doesnt think we are gonna get tanked today

SP

Quote from: rusty shackleford on December 14, 2019, 11:47:24 AM
Is there anyone who doesnt think we are gonna get tanked today

Yes, I've gone for 2-2.