watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We're third after 21 games

Started by H4usuallysitting, December 11, 2019, 08:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

Good, well-reasoned, response. I do hate this manager merry-go-round each season based on our individual expectations. If SP is not the long-term manager for us then so be it, but give him a season to prove (or disprove) himself, as long as we are in no danger of relegation then I cannot see any reason to change within the season.

Totally agree

Jim©

Quote from: MJG on December 12, 2019, 12:56:39 PM
12 Dec 2017....12th 29 points Some fans wanted Slav Out 10 points from last 6 games
12 Dec 2019.....3rd 35 points some fans want Parker out  12 points from last 6 games

Lets not rush to judgment on Parker yet.

before anyone replies I'm not expecting a Slav 2nd half season, but I do expect to be in the Playoffs. IF at any time now it looks in jeopardy then of course you look at it again, but at the moment he stays in my book, and as one who a self-confessed Parker doubter even when he was a player I realise he still deserves his chance.

Many of us said at season start that playoffs were the realistic aim.
One thing that many forget to mention is that our starting 11 is unrecognisable from the starting 11 last season (6 or 7 changes in the main) so SP has had to rebuild with new players and reintegrate discarded players. For a relegated manager it's so tough to rid the bad feeling that hangs around after relegation (look at Cardiff/Huddersfield, both of whom kept more of their Prem team together).

I hope Parker is given his chance. Would take a monumental change in fortunes to get automatics but Playoff shouldn't be regarded as a failure.

Statto

Quote from: Jim© on December 12, 2019, 02:29:17 PM
One thing that many forget to mention is that our starting 11 is unrecognisable from the starting 11 last season (6 or 7 changes in the main) so SP has had to rebuild with new players and reintegrate discarded players.

True but he has had 10 months now, plus the foundation of being a coach here before that... And a player before that

Logicalman

Quote from: Jim© on December 12, 2019, 02:29:17 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 12, 2019, 12:56:39 PM
12 Dec 2017....12th 29 points Some fans wanted Slav Out 10 points from last 6 games
12 Dec 2019.....3rd 35 points some fans want Parker out  12 points from last 6 games

Lets not rush to judgment on Parker yet.

before anyone replies I'm not expecting a Slav 2nd half season, but I do expect to be in the Playoffs. IF at any time now it looks in jeopardy then of course you look at it again, but at the moment he stays in my book, and as one who a self-confessed Parker doubter even when he was a player I realise he still deserves his chance.

Many of us said at season start that playoffs were the realistic aim.
One thing that many forget to mention is that our starting 11 is unrecognisable from the starting 11 last season (6 or 7 changes in the main) so SP has had to rebuild with new players and reintegrate discarded players. For a relegated manager it's so tough to rid the bad feeling that hangs around after relegation (look at Cardiff/Huddersfield, both of whom kept more of their Prem team together).

I hope Parker is given his chance. Would take a monumental change in fortunes to get automatics but Playoff shouldn't be regarded as a failure.

I would agree with that assessment, though I can understand why there are some that now expect more than a play-off place and wonder why we are not in a promotion place, I'm just not one of them. My expectations haven't changed given we have an inexperienced manager who needs to learn fast.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Forever Fulham

We shouldn't be risking the team's future on playoffs.  We need to finish top one or two.  We should be running away with first place by now.  We need another CB, a real defensive CM, and a bit more team speed.  And a proven manager.  We need to stop taking on faith that popular ex-players make good managers just because.