watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Here's a thought

Started by Spirit of 2000, December 13, 2019, 08:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

The  current highest ranked side we've beaten in this league is 10th place Blackburn. I know we beat sides who had been top 9 when we played them (Swansea who were starting their awful run & QPR who should have had the game won by 15 mins in for instance) but as the table stands we've not won once against any side in the upper reaches.

Why is this? Personally I think that sometimes the quality in our squad is enough for us to pitch up and just be better than the side we're playing but when it comes to one of the better sides in the division, tactically Parker is naive and is out thought & manoeuvred by better & more experienced managers. This is a genuine observation & thought & not just me finding another way to try and have a dig at Parker who as most know I'd rather see replaced sooner rather than later. These are 2 massive games coming up vs Brentford & Leeds for the football club (a poor return will probably have us closer mid table) but more so for Parker. 4 consecutive defeats in charge of a side who were expected to challenge for promotion not just by many of our own fans but most football people outside the club – would surely be the straw that breaks this camels back.

toshes mate

I've always believed in PPG as the best, most reliable, method of measuring the ability of a team.  If we take that as true then only Forest outside the top two better us by a few tenths of a point.  We are, on PPG, where we should be, which is third or fourth in overall reckoning.  An eight game winning streak would see us reaching the same PPG as the leaders are currently experiencing, which is the same gap as we had before our four wins.  Can't say I am confident about either of the next two games and so we will be looking at something truly remarkable to happen in the New Year if we don't get points from Brentford or Leeds.  Parker needs to find consistency and effectiveness in equal measures and, if I were him, I'd be looking to someone very experienced for advice because I think he is short on original thinking.

colinwhite

Swansea were fifth when we beat them so your original argument falls apart a bit . Because we beat them they are no longer top ten could be argued. Not having a go and its going to be tough but if we beat Brentford and Leeds what negative spin will be put on that ? Would you still want to replace SP then ? Just wondering . Interesting that you dont mention the long list of injuries that we currently have.Would we have lost to BC and Preston with a full squad or even if a couple of them had been available ?

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: colinwhite on December 13, 2019, 10:26:23 AM
Swansea were fifth when we beat them so your original argument falls apart a bit . Because we beat them they are no longer top ten could be argued. Not having a go and its going to be tough but if we beat Brentford and Leeds what negative spin will be put on that ? Would you still want to replace SP then ? Just wondering . Interesting that you dont mention the long list of injuries that we currently have.Would we have lost to BC and Preston with a full squad or even if a couple of them had been available ?

No my argument doesn't fall apart as I clearly acknowledge they & QPR were top 9 when we played them. As I said QPR should have been out of sight 1st half and it's only the fact their defence was worse than ours 2nd half that we pulled it around & Swansea were on the run that's seem them plummet.

I hope we do beat Brentford & Leeds - but don't see it & if we get a 1 or 0 point return from those 2 I think Parker should rightly then be sacked.

Preston had worse injuries than us & their winner was scored by the very past it &  recently not at all prolific David Nugent scoring his first goal for them this season - injuries don't work as an excuse in that match.

My point remains - we have not beaten anyone in the current top 9 and I still sustain against better sides & managers Parker is out-thought tactically often.