Previous topic - Next topic

Parker out?

Parker Out!
97 (56.7%)
Give him more time
74 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Southcoastffc

Go now please Scott. You were a limited player for us and you are a very limited coach.  I wish you well, but you aren't good enough for us if we as a club have any reasonable level of ambition.  You are responsible for our underperforming, whether it's tactics, motivation, organisation or anything else. The buck stops with you.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Skatzoffc

I feel he is so stubborn with the style and tactics that he will stick and lose too many winnable game.

The tide had turned for me. Mainly due to the constant picking of Onomah. It's just too much for me. Other midfielders and youngsters available. I fear he is losing the dressing room.

Time for a change.

Hughton is a good fit imo. He had PL experience and knows how to set up a defense.

For the record if Warnock came in, I would not watch another Fulham game until he was gone.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Jims Dentist

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 14, 2019, 05:15:34 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on December 14, 2019, 05:07:09 PM
Chris Hughton in

That would be my choice at the moment
And Very much mine asap.
He has the experience and credentials to get the squad performing.
Also an eye for the right kind of reinforcements.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Baszab on December 14, 2019, 07:56:22 PM
When we started singing "you don't know what you're doing" I fear the end is nigh

Was singing that at the top of my voice today and with conviction... as it was factually nail on the head.

Jims Dentist

Apart from when we play the easier lower or midtable games, can anyone really see things turning round?
So why carry on as we are now with a manager/coach who repeats his selection/playing tactics week after week with little effect.
However,if a change is made it has to be someone who has a record of Championship promotions who can change of organize/motivate our players.

Ordar

Personally, I'd offer Benitez as much as he wants to come here....

FFC1987

Quote from: Ordar on December 14, 2019, 08:45:15 PM

Absolute no brainier if possible. Can't see it though.

Artful Dodger

Afraid I'm with the majority. He can't see we are too exposed in midfield the way we play and as a result, the defence looks even worse. Time to change and get someone in who can get the most out of a talented squad.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Fulham1959

Football fans are so predictable.

joef

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 14, 2019, 08:59:26 PM

I can't stand the programme but it was on in the background. On 606 tonight they had a Leeds fan moaning about tactics and substitutions. Now if only we had some of the grit the 'Cardiff Ten' showed.

cottage expat

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on December 14, 2019, 05:13:51 PM
I might offend some with this post, ah give him time he's a new manager, ahh we are still in the play off places....
His tactics are useless and we are under performing, some people will argue against changing manger to someone like Chris Hughton as he might win games but not play attractive football, attractive football to me is winning football matches, end of! I would choose that any day over Parker's boring ineffective tactics!

+100 %

Texas White

Quote from: joef on December 14, 2019, 09:07:40 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 14, 2019, 08:59:26 PM
Much like our football

As we can all see. I don't understand the selection or the tactics

deadcowboys

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 14, 2019, 08:46:22 PM

Think you will find his Chinese club are pricing him out of Premiership clubs. Are you offering to contribute to the compensation claim?

FFC1987

Quote from: deadcowboys on December 14, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on December 14, 2019, 08:46:22 PM

Think you will find his Chinese club are pricing him out of Premiership clubs. Are you offering to contribute to the compensation claim?

Readings tough isn't it?

I Ronic

How many Managers have we had since Cookie? How many were any good?
I don't remember many thinking Roy would be a success and it took a while for things to turn around as it did for SJ.
We don't have a team (under any manager) that's Premiership quality or a ground for that matter.
For me he stays.

Statto

Quote from: I Ronic on December 14, 2019, 11:39:18 PM
We don't have a team (under any manager) that's Premiership quality

If we were 6th in the Premiership this post would be sensible and relevant.
But we're not.
So it's not.

Matt10

Our lack of handling 50/50 balls is a real issue. Teams score simple goals against us. They start possession from long and intermediate 50/50 balls, and we are immediately on the back foot. Parker needs to change our defensive position in transition because our defensive line is too high and pressuring too high, with no real physicality. As a result, the opponent can send two runs towards the sidelines and the ball goes to the more advanced to set up the other. We've conceded about 4x when Mawson is covering for a high pressuring fullback, making him completely overcomitted to the wrong side of the pitch. That happened when we conceded, but someone really did needed to put a foot on Benrhama before that.

RaySmith

Our defenders always seem exposed, and thus often  have the jitters, and give the ball away too easily.

Somehow, we need more organisation, with  the midfield providing more protection. I remember Roy's   emphasis on sound defence, based on defending from the front, with drills practised regularly in training, so that everyone knew  exactly what they were doing.
As Zamora sad recently in interview - the reason why he didn't score more for Fulham, was because he had the  job of being the first line of defence, and thus staying back, ready to take on one of the opposition as  they broke from defence, because he was quite effective at this.

I was at Preston, down the front behind the goal, and while this doesn't give a very good overview of the game, i had a close up when Preston scored their first goal, and was amazed - it came out of nothing, with us appearing to be comfortable with men back, in possession, until one of their  players nipped in and got the ball, and the next second it was in the back of our net! The game changed after that - we had seemed in control.
We  let in too many soft, avoidable goals, which means confidence is lost, and we are chasing the game.

Defensive confidence seems low, as if the players are unclear as to what to do.

However, i would caution against sacking the manager. We have just had a winning run of  four games under Scott, and had achieved  3rd place. He deserves more of a a chance, and sacking him could, i think, be counter productive at this time.

I appeal to fans to get behind the  manager and players at this time, whatever your reservations - otherwise a downward spiral can set in.
Let's hear a big roar  for the team from Fulham fans against Leeds.
Together we can do it.
COYW!!!! 049:gif

hovewhite

Quote from: I Ronic on December 14, 2019, 11:39:18 PM
How many Managers have we had since Cookie? How many were any good?
I don't remember many thinking Roy would be a success and it took a while for things to turn around as it did for SJ.
We don't have a team (under any manager) that's Premiership quality or a ground for that matter.
For me he stays.

tend to agree