News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On way back from GP, let me be brief ...

Started by howitis, December 14, 2019, 05:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Brentford could and  should have won by 5. Athletic and dangerous against woeful opposition (our team).

I can't be bothered to name and shame or talk through the amount of mistakes and ineptitude.

I will accept staying in this division this season but we quite simply need to dispense with our coaching staff and rip up this team. Build in the second half of this season for a team worthy or our support and competing at a high level next season.

Milo

But we have Cairney, Johansen, Mitrovic, Cav, and Knockaert. I think the attack is there. Agreed the defence has been poor.. probably poor for five or more years and we haven't solved it. However up front the tools are there.

davew

Quote from: howitis on December 14, 2019, 05:21:21 PM
Brentford could and  should have won by 5. Athletic and dangerous against woeful opposition (our team).

I can't be bothered to name and shame or talk through the amount of mistakes and ineptitude.

I will accept staying in this division this season but we quite simply need to dispense with our coaching staff and rip up this team. Build in the second half of this season for a team worthy or our support and competing at a high level next season.
You must have only watched part of the game then, i got the impression it should have been 8?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

It really is a low point, it seems that not only did not win, draw or score but that we failed to compete.

Could get even worse next week against Leeds.

Dodgin

What were Mawson and Ream like in the second half, I lost the stream. Didn't do my ageing ticker much good in the first. I got a feeling that Onomah won't get so much stick.

Penfold

Brentford were way above us. They apparently, use stats. Just better than the numpties at Fulham.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: howitis on December 14, 2019, 05:21:21 PM

Was also there and echo every word of that. Outclassed... pathetic display. Parker must go now.

Sgt Fulham

Oh I'm surprised it was only 1. Had family obligations today so I'm happy I didn't waste my Saturday on it. I dont like this Fulham team apart from the old guard (Mitro, TC, SJ...) . Wouldn't mind getting rid of the new signings from this season and last and attempting to rebuild. Unfortunately I doubt we will keep TC or Mitro.

SP

They suggested the front 3 on show today are probably the best in the league...

millsy

The original post is about right.

As I posted during the week, teams like Bristol and Brentford make more of their resources by virtue of their work ethic, organisation and teamwork.

We looked lost and devoid of ideas in possession and this is made worse by the lack of movement and making of angles by those around the man in possession. Pretty basic stuff really.

Gave the ball away continuously, passed around at the back until closed down, then panicked, which led to at least 3 golden chances for them to double their score, aside from hitting our woodwork 3 times.

Something has to change.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Micky Adams hardly had any budget at all and put together a team, mainly consisting of free transfers who very few of us had heard of but had something to prove. The team had the supporters totally behind it because the players showed determination and a great work ethic. They weren't the greatest players in the world, but they showed far more fight, desire to win and pride in playing for FFC than the current lot. Micky was an inexperienced manager like SP, but knew how to get the best out of each and every one of them

Whitesideup

Quote from: Milo on December 14, 2019, 05:24:02 PM
But we have Cairney, Johansen, Mitrovic, Cav, and Knockaert. I think the attack is there. Agreed the defence has been poor.. probably poor for five or more years and we haven't solved it. However up front the tools are there.
Sorry.. how many did we score today?

Milo

Quote from: Whitesideup on December 14, 2019, 08:22:58 PM
Quote from: Milo on December 14, 2019, 05:24:02 PM
Sorry.. how many did we score today?

As in, the ingredients are there but the chef trained at McDonalds!

Skatzoffc

Cav and Knock are on loan from their clubs. For a reason.
Beginning to wonder about about TC tbh. Not sure who would want him. His commitment is not there for me to see.

Stephjo and Mitro, yes. Awesome week In, week out.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Sgt Fulham

TC has been class for us for years. It's the jokers that have arrived in the past 2 seasons.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 14, 2019, 08:25:51 PM
Cav and Knock are on loan from their clubs. For a reason.
Beginning to wonder about about TC tbh. Not sure who would want him. His commitment is not there for me to see.

Stephjo and Mitro, yes. Awesome week In, week out.

Could use the same argument about all our players regardless of whether they are on loan or not. They are not playing at another better club for a reason (in reality there are of course several reasons). This is nothing specific for Cav and Knock at all.

Cairney has been very good in most games this season. Also looks committed to me normally (much more regularly this year but still not always, but who does), just not in an Arter kind of way since he is not that kind of player. Think all Championship teams and many lower half PL teams would love to have him, although many couldn't afford him.

Lastly, I would really question whether Mitro looks awesome and committed week in and week out. Think he's had several games where he's been off his game, and mostly look like he's frustrated and sulking. His goals, and good games, are very important for us, but he's looked quite bad on more than one occasion this year. I do think he is committed however, just like I think Cairney is. Players have off days.

FFC1987

There's alot of things wrong with team but Mitro isn't one of them.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 14, 2019, 11:19:21 PM
There's alot of things wrong with team but Mitro isn't one of them.

Haven't seen anyone suggesting that either.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 14, 2019, 11:14:24 PM
Lastly, I would really question whether Mitro looks awesome and committed week in and week out. Think he's had several games where he's been off his game, and mostly look like he's frustrated and sulking. His goals, and good games, are very important for us, but he's looked quite bad on more than one occasion this year. I do think he is committed however, just like I think Cairney is. Players have off days.

I think that Mitro looks frustrated sometimes, because of our style of play. There have been games that the ball would hardly get to him or we wouldn't create anything for him.

ealex40

I couldn't take it any more and at half time turned the TV off.