watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Easy To Blame It On Parker.....But

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 14, 2019, 05:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Personally, God forbid we get promoted this season, it will be an exact repetition of the last time.

I saw not one player out there suitable for playing in the Prem today, and that wasn't just down to tactics, or a lack of them, it was an absolute lack of passion. Good players can overcome the lack of tactics, they can improvise when something is not working, poor players cannot, and nobody out there appeared to know what they were supposed to do.

For a back four, the pair of them were not effective, whilst the other two were MIA (I leave it to you to determine the pairings - but don't take too long). The midfield tried, oh how they tried, but could not provide the top 2 the service they should have expected. Mitro cut a very frustrated person, and neeskens worked overtime to make up for others' shortcomings. Apart from that, it all went swimmingly well.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on December 14, 2019, 05:38:13 PM
It is up to the manager to get the players motivated though

Players should be able to motivate themselves, they are competitors so they should be able to compete without being wet nursed by the manager.  A lot of it is down to the characters of some players, and the fact they are far too comfortable. There is no real heart beat in the team, no keadership. No one for all and all for one. It was a London Derby and only one team acknowledged it. We have our fair share of milky players, too many, and it shows. We have had three managers in less than a year, are they all wrong, or is there a deeper lying issue.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 14, 2019, 09:54:56 PM

Players should be able to motivate themselves, they are competitors so they should be able to compete without being wet nursed by the manager.  A lot of it is down to the characters of some players, and the fact they are far too comfortable. There is no real heart beat in the team, no keadership. No one for all and all for one. It was a London Derby and only one team acknowledged it. We have our fair share of milky players, too many, and it shows. We have had three managers in less than a year, are they all wrong, or is there a deeper lying issue.
keadership what is that Woolly, not a word I am familiar with before a few gins or even after them? Obviously at this time of night the latter applies!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Asotosyios

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 14, 2019, 09:54:56 PM

With all due respect Wooly, I don't think it was a matter of heart or leadership or players not acknowledging that it was a London derby today. I think they tried and played hard, but simply Brentford was a better team than us and it was not because their players played with more heart than ours.

mcbride5912

I find it interesting to note that we haven't won a game since some of the players went on their Christmas outing to Sweden, an event that should've helped team bonding and cohesion.

Yet today we saw both Bryan and Mawson & Mitro and Knockaert having a right go at each other.

Matt10

Quote from: davew on December 14, 2019, 07:00:25 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 14, 2019, 06:58:36 PM
It was nice to see that we can do pretty well with the same tactics used against us, which is hoof the ball down the sides or through the center, and let the possession start in more advanced positions. I'm not frustrated with Parker, but the simple defensive errors that make hoof-ball look like a tactic. It's not getting us anywhere positive, but at least we play a different game than 80% of the teams in the league. Sadly though, I feel it's time that Parker give into that style of play just a bit more to free up the players.
And soon maybe Matt, 80% of the teams might be above us if we don´t start performing!

Quite right, it could be likely if he doesn't release a bit more control of the individual play style a bit. Think we just need to mix it up a lot more and create chances that become 50/50 versus us essentially trying to walk the ball into the net. In the second half we lessened the crosses and dropped passes to the top of the box in which we managed 3 shots that were fairly close. When we started hoofing to Mitro, we were there to recover second balls better and create chances.

Hoping that Parker sees we are rarely beaten through slick passing from an opposition's slow build up, so there may be more emphasis to lessen the rigid central midfield defensively - and allow a second striker to play alongside Mitro. This will allow Mitro to be double-teamed less and some of those crosses we sent in today can actually find some pay off. I'd put Cav or Kamara alongside him asap. Cav can find the back of the net and hold up the ball, and so can Kamara - who has shown lately he just can't play that RW/LW spot. He's a striker, and he needs to be put in that position to be one. From there, it's Knock on the left and Reid on the right, while StefJo and Cairney central. We should be able to send balls down the sides like the majority of our opposition do, or opt to go high and central. I don't care if it's Parker or whoever to do it, but those are the tactics we need to start pushing for regardless.

hovewhite

I'm long convince that players do what they want irrespective of who the manager is ,blame the players for not being interested

Asotosyios

Quote from: hovewhite on December 15, 2019, 06:55:26 AM
I'm long convince that players do what they want irrespective of who the manager is ,blame the players for not being interested
Why would the players not be interested?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

Worcesterwhite

Cav and Knockaert get a lot of flack for underperforming but the truth is the style of play does not suit them, they are both suited to counter attacking football which gets the opposition on the back foot, any winger would struggle to make an impact in our team as the build up play is so slow teams are set up with two banks of four ready to turnover play and counter us, i think the dressing room if not already lost will be very soon as the tactics the manger insists on is making some players look a lot worse than what they are and impossible for them to perform.

toshes mate

Spineless, gutless players, or guys who don't believe the team handlers are asking for anything different from what they're delivering and know arguing for a different set up is futile.  Parker is either the guy asking for this rubbish or he has no control over his players and perhaps never has done.  Whichever way you hack it Parker has a squad of player and he can express his anger in many different ways including telling  players they are spineless and gutless ...  It is as bad now as it was up at Barnsley on day one.  Parker either doesn't know what he is about, is incapable as a coach at this stage of his career, or is simply doing what his players are doing - going through the motions.

grandad

Our current problem is the lack of players who can transfer the ball quickly & accurately from our back 4 to the edge of the opponents penalty area. Johansen tries but can't do it on his own. TC is not playing high enough which is starving Mitro. Maybe when Arter, Reed & Reid are back fully fit we might see a change.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bill taylors apprentice

Nothing wrong with keeping the ball for periods of time even if we don't threaten the oppositions goal as long as you are making the opposition work tirelessly to ensure you don't create those chances.

The fact we keep the ball for long periods means we are still in some games despite not performing well and against many Championship teams that's enough to give us a chance.

But if you don't change gear and pull their defence around to create space and chances the 'keep ball' tactic becomes a burden in itself, going round and round in circles until you lose the ball and put yourself under threat.

Even allowing for the weak links in the squad, this team is less than the sum of its parts and at any level a lot of that is down to the coaching.