more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That other team in SW5!

Started by CorkedHat, November 09, 2010, 01:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

Quote from: epsomraver on November 09, 2010, 10:31:26 AM
I believe that Bates got the supporters to buy the centre circle at Stamford Bridge so that they can control the future of the club, ( something we should have done)as they cannot sell out their ground these days and Chelski village has a mortage as big as the national debt and loses money the whole thing makes no sense and no way would Fulham ever move into Stamford Bridge, years ago Mo thought about it but I think he wants the quiet life now.

The supporters own the entire pitch. I'm wondering what would happen to the site if Chelsea did move, I mean look at the redevelopment of Fulham Broadway and the station, they'd have to build another Westfield there to make it all worthwhile, but this wouldn't be possible as the pitch would have to remain.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

TonyGilroy

If the supporters own the pitch they could sell it.

Asuming they're happy with the move to Earls Court I'd expect the supporters to sell the pitch to the club who will then try to maximise the development potential of the site.

The Equalizer

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 09, 2010, 10:44:33 AM

If the supporters own the pitch they could sell it.

Asuming they're happy with the move to Earls Court I'd expect the supporters to sell the pitch to the club who will then try to maximise the development potential of the site.

I'd see Roman putting his hand in his pocket to rip them off...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Serotonin

Surely any new stadium at Earls Court would need to be part funded by developing the Stamford Bridge site into swanky apartments or something that would bring a tangible return to the dark side. Selling the stadium as is wouldnt bring in nearly as much money... So whilst this is an interesting hypothetical discussion, I think it's just that - hypothetical.

Peabody

The local residents do not want a football stadium on their doorstep and would therefore object to any proposed move. Having got rid of one team they would fight against another team moving in. So it is not a question of them being no worse off. We would be on weaker ground in that case. Plus the present council is not the same as the one that gave us such support in the past.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Peabody on November 09, 2010, 11:30:21 AM
The local residents do not want a football stadium on their doorstep and would therefore object to any proposed move. Having got rid of one team they would fight against another team moving in. So it is not a question of them being no worse off. We would be on weaker ground in that case. Plus the present council is not the same as the one that gave us such support in the past.

The only local residents would be on Eardley Crescent, and most of those are cheap hotels anyway. The only other residents are in those run down holes on Lillie Road by the Ibis Hotel. West Ken estate is being demolished in the next couple of years and being rebuilt into luxury and affordable homes.

I can't see them facing much opposition at all.

ron

Quote from: HatterDon on November 09, 2010, 01:26:15 AM
not far enough away. Have they considered that great stadium in Abu Dhabi?

I hear that land prices are still competitive on Pluto.......(there's a decent joke involving "Uranus", but I doubt a wealthy Russian would understand it).

The Doctor

I've only skim-read this thread, so apologies if this has already been mooted.

If CFC were to move to the Earls Court site, I assume there will be a preference to develop SB into housing.  According to that Guardian article, there is a proposal to put something like 800 homes on the EC site.  If CFC were to have that, then I'd imagine that LBH&F would almost be obliged to earmark SB for housing given various Government targets related to housing and pressure from developers.  Not sure how many homes you could get on there, but suppose it would be a significant proportion of the 800 proposed at EC.

The problem with introducing us to the chain is that the CC site will come nowhere close to fulfilling that level of housing demand.

Also, let the council deal with the cost and logistics of decontaminating a vacated SB.

Supermitch

I wonder if the Bitters would be tempted to move there ??   :023:

ImperialWhite

Also, could we fill Stamford Bridge? A move would be a big gamble on maintaining the success we've enjoyed the last two seasons. It'd be such a shame to leave the Cottage behind only to half fill every other week.

TheDon

Quote from: The Equalizer on November 09, 2010, 10:41:55 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on November 09, 2010, 10:31:26 AM
I believe that Bates got the supporters to buy the centre circle at Stamford Bridge so that they can control the future of the club, ( something we should have done)as they cannot sell out their ground these days and Chelski village has a mortage as big as the national debt and loses money the whole thing makes no sense and no way would Fulham ever move into Stamford Bridge, years ago Mo thought about it but I think he wants the quiet life now.

The supporters own the entire pitch. I'm wondering what would happen to the site if Chelsea did move, I mean look at the redevelopment of Fulham Broadway and the station, they'd have to build another Westfield there to make it all worthwhile, but this wouldn't be possible as the pitch would have to remain.

i think that bates also made a legal claim that cfc can only play at stamford bridge. so other than a name change, theyre stuck at sb.