more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 17/12/19...

Started by WhiteJC, December 17, 2019, 08:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ticket Exchange Open v Leeds United

Tickets for this weekend's match against Leeds United at Craven Cottage are now sold out, and as such, we are pleased to announce that the Fulham FC Ticket Exchange is now open for this fixture.

Season Ticket Holders who are unable to make the game on Saturday 21st December, kick-off 3pm, are now able to list their seats on the Fulham FC Ticket Exchange where they can be purchased by another Fulham fan – ensuring their seat for the match doesn't remain empty!

New for the 2019/20 campaign, the Ticket Exchange provides Season Ticket Holders the ability to make their seat for sale in a safe and secure environment, earning credit for a 2020/21 Season Ticket in the process and ensuring that seat does not go to waste!

Season Ticket Holders wishing to list their seat will need to log in to their online ticketing account to list their seat for sale and, when sold, a fixed amount of credit will be added to your account which can then be used to deduct from the total price of a Season Ticket renewal in 2020/21 season.

Adults will receive £15 credit, with concessions receiving £10 and juniors £3 for every seat sold, regardless of which category the match has been assigned. Fans will only be credited if and when their seat is sold to another supporter.

Supporters will not need to return their season ticket card for fixtures where they have used the Ticket Exchange, as the Club will provide the new buyer with a paper ticket for that fixture.

For more details on how the Ticket Exchange works please click here or view our FAQ's here.
How to sell a ticket on the Fulham FC Ticket Exchange

Login to your Season Ticket account online here
    Click on 'Manage Tickets'
    Select which match you want to sell your ticket for
    Under 'Ticket Actions' click on 'Sell on Ticket Exchange'
    Click 'Review Order'
    Agree to the terms and conditions and click 'Complete Purchase'

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/december/16/ticket-exchange-open-vs-leeds-united

WhiteJC

Fulham run of defeats 'just a blip' insists boss Scott Parker, as signs of pressure mount

Scott Parker has appealed for more perspective about Fulham's three defeats in a week, describing the run as a "mini blip."

The Whites were hoping Saturday's west London derby at Brentford would see them bounce back from 2-1 defeats to Bristol City and Preston last week, but they were very much second best against the Bees.

The 1-0 scoreline barely did justice to the home side's superiority. They had the extra energy and carried a threat throughout, striking a post three times.

"We need perspective in the world," said Fulham's boss. "It's something the world's missing now. I try to put perspective on what's happened in the last two weeks and we live in a world where fingers want to be pointed and in football even more so.

"Something goes wrong: He needs to come out of the team. Someone doesn't score after 30 minutes in a game: Why's he playing? Manager lost a game: He needs the sack. I totally understand that, but it's my job with this team of players to try and put that in perspective.

"Those thoughts and messages they are maybe hearing and seeing from our fans – you could see it today after the game. But it's those thoughts and disappointments I need to try and rationalise with my team. It's a blip. A mini blip.

"We've lost three on the bounce. Of course it's not ideal but how do you get out of it ? I'm going to fight and that's what I want all my players to do. If we do that, we still might lose but normally, nine times out of 10, you come through it."

Losing to a side in great form like Brentford should not be viewed as a disaster "They're a good side. They'll be right up there this year," Parker said. But the manner of the loss and the fact it came after below-par performances in the two previous games has cranked up the pressure on Parker.

The carefree days of a few weeks ago have been quickly forgotten and with expectation so high this season, given the quality of the squad, the pressure may be getting to the team.

"You see a team at the moment, and our fans, a little bit low really," Parker said.

"That's what happens in football. Three weeks ago we were on the back of four wins and everyone was saying how great things are. I was doing really really well, everything was going great, the team were flying and in the space of three [games] it changes and we come out the back of three losses.

"It's disappointing of course and I take responsibility for that, of course I do, I'm the man that stands there on the sidelines, but ultimately, I said to the players there that we need to stick together at times like this and that's what we will do.

"In football you can lose two on the bounce or three on the bounce but the perception and maybe the world we are in today, it's one loss and fingers are pointed.

"You can see there's a little bit of a confidence issue at this moment in time.

"But I'm not going to point a finger at any one of those players. It's a slight blip. The reality is we still sit sixth in the league, three points off third."

The Whites will be hoping to bounce back against second placed Leeds United on Saturday in a match now full of intrigue.

"Big week ahead of us, with a big game to come," Parker said. "A massive game against a very good side who have done really well this year.

"I think the main aim and focus will be togetherness. Today I didn't see a team that folded, I saw every player try to play with a passion, a desire and a commitment . We've lost a game and I'm more disappointed and gutted than anyone and we have to put it right on Saturday now.

"These players have to stand up and be counted now."

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/2019/12/16/Fulham-run-of-defeats-just-a-blip-insists-boss-Scott-Parker-as-signs-of-pressure-mount

WhiteJC

Fulham's Festive Giveaway

As the build up to Christmas continues, we're pleased to be able to launch Fulham's Festive Giveaway!

Fulham's Festive Giveaway will see fans able to win a series of fantastic prizes over the next few days in the build up to Christmas, starting from today with an opportunity to take part in a crossbar challenge on the Craven Cottage pitch up for grabs!

Three lucky winners will be able to take part in our half-time activity during Fulham v Leeds United on Saturday 21st December, kick-off 3pm.

To be in with a chance of winning, supporters with a ticket for Fulham v Leeds United can sign up with the form below.

The competition closes at 11.59pm on Tuesday 17th December, and the winners will be contacted on Wednesday 18th December.
Full terms and conditions can be found online here.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/december/16/fulhams-festive-giveaway

WhiteJC

144 games for Fulham: What's Moritz Volz up to these days?

Moritz Volz played 144 games for Fulham in the Premier League between 2003 and 2008, but what's the German up to these days?

Born in Siegen, Germany in 1983, Volz moved over to England to join Arsenal's youth academy aged 16 in 1999.

He never played a league game for Arsenal but featured on the odd occasion in the League Cup, before joining Fulham in January 2004.

The right-back had been on-loan at Chris Coleman's Fulham and the Welshman was quick to make the move permanent after an impressive first-half of the season at Craven Cottage.

In five seasons at the club, Volz was an ever-present member of the defence that kept Fulham in the top-flight for so long but was released in July 2009, having spent his sixth season at the club on-loan at Ipswich Town in the Championship.

He was unemployed through the 2009/10 season but went on trial with Schalke in the next, where Volz had started his career before moving to Arsenal

But he failed to impress and in-turn signed for St Pauli, making his debut against Schalke in the 2010/11 Bundesliga season.

Volz, now 36-years-old spent two season with St Pauli before a further three with with TSV 1860 Munich, retiring from the sport in 2016.

A fine career for the German, who's still in the game today – Volz has made a name for himself as a pundit both in England and Germany, working with The Times, Sky Sports and DAZN.

He also served as Arsenal main scout in his native Germany – a position which he held for a few season before joining Red Bull Leipzig's coaching staff in the summer.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/144-games-for-fulham-whats-moritz-volz-up-to-these-days/

WhiteJC

Player set for Fulham return in January after agent holds meeting with directors

After picking up just 24 points in their first 15 Turkish league games and failing to get into the Champions League knockout stages, Galatasaray manager Fatih Terim has started to make some decisions.

Last week the Turkish club announced Steven Nzonzi, who joined the club on a season-long loan deal from AS Roma, has been dropped from the first team. Reports suggest Gala will try to send the Frenchman back to the Italian club.

After their latest draw against Ankaragucu, Hurriyet said Terim will announce similar decisions in the next few weeks, and it's reported Fulham's Jean Michael Seri is likely to return to the Championship side.

The Fulham player joined the Turkish champions on loan in the summer, but he's failed to make any real impact.

Its reported Seri's agent was in Istanbul last week and the Galatasaray board informed him that his client won't be staying at the club.

Hurriyet also claim Seri won't feature for Galatasaray again and may need to find himself a new club in January.

He's made 17 appearances for Galatasaray and scored one goal since his arrival from Fulham.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-set-fulham-return-january-agent-holds-meeting-directors/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker delivers frank verdict on Fulham's current predicament

Scott Parker has stated that Fulham are currently in a 'mini blip' after their defeat to Brentford on Saturday was their 3rd in a row.

The Cottagers are hoping to improve on their recent performances when they take on one of the favourites for promotion in Leeds next weekend.

It'll be a tough fixture, and one that Parker may need some points from if he's to stay in the job for much longer. The pressure is beginning to mount, and he must ensure that Fulham are still in the hunt for promotion come the end of the season.

Parker has expressed that they're currently going through a mini blip and have to fight to get out of it, and is confident that his players will do just that.

Speaking to Capital Football, Parker said: "It's a blip. A mini blip.

"We've lost three on the bounce. Of course it's not ideal but how do you get out of it? I'm going to fight and that's what I want all my players to do. If we do that, we still might lose but normally, nine times out of 10, you come through it."

The Verdict

Fulham have been less than impressive in recent weeks, and in all honesty throughout the whole season they haven't been playing the good football that we know they're capable of.

Anthony Knockaert has looked out of form, whilst they have been heavily reliant on striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, and it would be interesting to see how they would do without the front man.

The biggest problem currently is the defensive play, and players such as Alfie Mawson have to step up otherwise risk being dropped in the future.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/scott-parker-delivers-frank-verdict-on-fulhams-current-predicament/

WhiteJC

Fulham talisman provides rallying cry following weekend derby defeat to Brentford

Scott Parker's Fulham have now lost each of their last three leagues games, after the Whites boss saw his side lose 1-0 away to Brentford, with the Griffin Park outfit claiming victory thanks to Bryan Mbeumo's strike in the 22nd minute.

The result leaves the Whites in sixth place after 22 games played, meaning that their hopes of being in the race for promotion at the end of the campaign are very much alive.

One player who didn't have the best of games for the Cottagers was Aleksandar Mitrovic, with the Serbian international failing to find the back of the net for the first time since the Whites lost out at home to Bristol City at the beginning of December.

The towering striker was however quick to give a rallying call to his teammates following the defeat to Brentford, with the former Newcastle man stating the following via the club's official Instagram account:

With 16 goals in his first 21 Championship games this term, the Serb will certainly be hopeful of getting back on the goal trail this weekend as Fulham take on promotion chasers Leeds United at Craven Cottage.

The Verdict

Fulham fans will certainly be boosted by their striker's message, with it being a clear sign of the player's belief that they can turn their results around in the coming weeks after a slight dip in form.

Leeds are sure to pose a tough test for Parker's side next weekend, however after the Whites drew 3-3 to Cardiff last Saturday, it is clear that there are some chinks in their armour that the likes of Mitrovic and Tom Cairney can exploit.

It will certainly be an interesting contest between two sides who are seeking to secure a return to the Premier League this term.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-talisman-provides-rallying-cry-following-weekend-derby-defeat-to-brentford/

WhiteJC

Why all the signs suggest Leeds United will surpass last season's points tally with ease

Marcelo Bielsa's men have the chance to reach 50 points at the halfway mark on Saturday

Leeds United's trip to Craven Cottage to face Fulham next Saturday will mark the halfway stage in the 2019/20 Championship campaign.

The Whites will make the long trip south looking to make a return to winning ways after Cardiff City fought back from 3-0 down to seal a dramatic 3-3 draw at Elland Road on Saturday afternoon, ensuring that the Bluebirds brought an end to the Whites' seven-game winning run.

Despite the late agony of conceding late on against the Welsh side, Leeds remained right in amongst the automatic promotion chase, ten points clear of Preston in third place.

But a win for the Whites at Craven Cottage next weekend, which would secure a ninth win in 12 matches, would move them onto the 50-point mark - a very, very impressive figure for the halfway stage in a Championship season.

Should Leeds, who are without a win in their last six meetings with Fulham, get back to winning ways, it would take them to 50 points - a tally which would be an improvement of two at the halfway mark last season.

Leeds topped the Championship table on Christmas Day last year on 48 points, one point ahead of eventual Championship winners Norwich City, who were on 47.

Of course, the automatic promotion chase in the Championship last term proved to be a three-horse race, with Norwich, Leeds and Sheffield United scrapping tooth and nail to try and reach the Premier League.

At the halfway stage last term, the Blades, who finished 2nd come May, were sat in 6th spot on 38 points, and Aston Villa, who went up via the Championship Play-Off Final, were occupying 11th place on 33 points.

Last season, Leeds, of course, finished 3rd in the Championship before being beaten in the play-off semi-finals by Derby County. Leeds finished the regular campaign on a total of 83 points, meaning they amassed 35 points across the second half of the campaign. That meant Bielsa's side were stronger across the first half of the campaign.

When you take into account that Leeds have already had to contend with a fair share of injuries this season, to have reached 47 points by this stage is impressive.

If Leeds manage to maintain the same standard during the second half of the season, they have an opportunity to surpass Norwich's points tally of 94 last season.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/signs-suggest-leeds-united-surpass-17429555

WhiteJC

Philippe Senderos: Ex-Arsenal defender announces retirement

Senderos last played in the Premier League for Aston Villa

Former Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos has retired at the age of 34.

Senderos joined Arsenal in 2003 - but missed their unbeaten Premier League title season of 2003-04 with back and foot injuries - and won the FA Cup before moving to Fulham in 2010.

He had spells with Aston Villa and Rangers and won 57 Switzerland caps, playing at three World Cups.

"I couldn't be more thankful for the blessings and opportunities I've had over the years," he wrote on Instagram.

Senderos, who also made two appearances on loan at Everton, played in Major League Soccer for Houston Dynamo from 2017-18 and he ended his career in his native Switzerland with FC Chiasso in the second tier.

On social media he thanked all the teams he had played for - including his loan sides Everton and Milan - adding: "To my friends and amazing family, thank you a million times over. I look forward to the next chapter."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50814624

WhiteJC

EFL pundit makes strong claim regarding Fulham's promotion credentials

EFL pundit Don Goodman has claimed Fulham currently look "a million miles away" from competing with Leeds and West Brom at the Championship summit following three straight defeats in recent weeks.

Scott Parker's side embarked on a run of four consecutive victories during November, but they have since lost matches against Bristol City, Preston and Brentford which has seen them drop down to sixth in the Championship table.

The Cottagers were widely touted as automatic promotion contenders this term following their relegation from the Premier League, but they are now a total of 12 points adrift from Leeds in second place.

Speaking on the Sky Sports EFL podcast, Goodman has now claimed that Fulham do not look like a strong unit despite their abundance of talent, and he does not believe they anywhere near good enough to compete with West Brom and Leeds.

"You look at the players they've got and they are good individuals, but they don't seem to be a defensive and that is an area they are going to have to improve soon," he said.

"It's tight down below them now, and whereas we thought they would be the only team capable of mounting a challenge to West Brom and Leeds, they look a million miles away from that at the moment with their inconsistency."

Fulham have now suffered seven defeats in the Championship this term – which is considerably more than West Brom on one defeat and Leeds on three defeats – and their defence has come under particular criticism in recent weeks.

The Verdict

I strongly believed Fulham would be firmly in the automatic promotion mix this season given their summer transfer business, but they have been plagued by inconsistency to such an extent that they will now struggle to finish in the top two.

The Cottagers desperately need to strengthen their defensive unit, and the addition of Michael Hector in January will certainly add this, but his presence along may not be enough to improve Fulham's results.

Parker will be hoping that Aleksandar Mitrovic now remains among the goals for his side in the second half of the season, seeing as the Serbian's goalscoring form will inevitably be vital to any promotion bid from the Cottagers.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/efl-pundit-makes-strong-claim-regarding-fulhams-promotion-credentials/

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Fulham player attracting transfer interest from three EFL clubs

Fulham goalkeeper Magnus Norman could be set to leave the club with AFC Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers and Northampton all interested in his services, a source has exclusively confirmed to Football League World's Chief Editor Sam Rourke.

Norman is yet to make a first-team appearance for the Cottagers after climbing through the club's academy ranks, and it now appears he could be set to depart the West London side on a permanent transfer with three EFL clubs interested.

The 22-year-old has been sent out on four loan spells by the West London side – with the most recent of these seeing him make 12 appearances for Rochdale last term – but he has been behind Marek Rodak and Marcus Bettinelli in the pecking order this term.

It is believed that Norman's potential departure could depend on whether Bettinelli stays at Fulham in January, as the club may look to keep hold of Norman if Bettinelli seals a move away from Craven Cottage.

The 27-year-old started the season as the number-one choice between the sticks for Scott Parker's side, but the fact he has been ousted by Rodak in recent weeks means he could be set to leave the club next month.

Bettinelli's potential departure means Norman would then become Fulham's second-choice goalkeeper by default, and it is thought this circumstance would most probably see the 22-year-old remain at the Cottage.

Norman was named on the first-team bench for their match against Hull back in early November, but he has largely been limited to Under-23 appearances in West London so far this term.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-fulham-player-attracting-transfer-interest-from-three-efl-clubs/

WhiteJC

Motherwell's Donnelly opens up on how injury derailed his Fulham career

Liam Donnelly wishes he'd been advised better whilst at Fulham after injury ruined his Craven Cottage career.

The Northern Irishman, now at Motherwell, was once a promising prospect at the Championship club. He captained some of their youth teams and had been fast-tracked into first-team pre-season plans as a teenager.

Sadly for him though, an injury prevented him from making further progress before he ended up at Hartlepool. The Steelman has opened up on the ordeal.

He told the Scottish Daily Mail (page, 15/12/19): "I wouldn't say I thought everything was easy at that time but I felt I was doing really well. I had probably felt an injury, while I was away with Northern Ireland and in pre-season it blew up straight away.

"I won't name any names. But a senior member of the medical team told me not to show the manager any weakness. That was the mentality. But I could barely jog around the pitch. Your career can hinge on moments like that. I was out for three months trying to manage it manually — it was pelvis, abdominals — then I ended up needing an operation.

"I was out for seven months and basically missed that whole season. Look, maybe nothing would have come of it. But we had just got relegated into the Championship and there were a lot of young lads promoted into the first team. I ended up having another year with Fulham but I didn't get close to the first team. But for the injury, who knows what might have happened?"

Donnelly doing well at Fir Park
After captaining youth sides with the likes of Moussa Dembele in them, it's no wonder Donnelly feels a little hard done by. Had he been properly advised, perhaps he could've become a Fulham regular.

That's behind him now though and will always be left as a question of what could've been. His drop down the leagues may have damaged his confidence, but at Motherwell, he's found a new lease of life.

A difficult first season has been put to one side with a strong campaign this term. In front of the back four, Donnelly's been a rock, scoring nine goals in Motherwell's strong 2019/20 campaign. It's even earned him some senior Northern Ireland call-ups.

His Fulham end though doesn't sound like something he looks back on with much fondness though.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/motherwell-donnelly-opens-up-on-how-injury-derailed-his-fulham-career/

WhiteJC

Daniel Chapman: The last thing Leeds United fans want is a turning point - please don't let this be a turning point

Daniel Chapman has co-edited Leeds United fanzine and podcast The Square Ball since 2011, taking it through this season's 30th anniversary, and seven nominations for the Football Supporters' Federation Fanzine of the Year award, winning twice. He's the author of a new history book about the club, '100 Years of Leeds United, 1919-2019', and is on Twitter as MoscowhiteTSB.

The last thing Leeds United fans want this season is a turning point.

Forward will do just fine, thanks lads. See over there, where we're heading? Looks good, let's keep going that way. Kiko, we said – wait! Hey, Gjanni, stop, where are you going? Oh, hi Pascal. Wait, Pascal? What are you doing here?

The first hour the Peacocks played against Cardiff City on Saturday felt like a zenith, a lofty new height of achievement. It was some of the best attacking football Leeds have played under Marcelo Bielsa, and they even scored goals.

Pablo Hernandez outdid himself with his vision to see, patience to wait and firm right boot to ping the ball into Helder Costa's path for the opening goal. Costa was so good that a red card seemed inevitable for Cardiff's desperate left-back Joe Bennett, unless Lee Peltier went for lunging into dangerous Jackie Harrison first.

Pat Bamford was wide awake in the box to score the early second, and had his slippers on by the time he won the penalty to score the third. At least, I assume that's why he went down.

By going to Fulham and playing at this level Leeds would win, then push Preston over, batter Birmingham and take 11 consecutive wins to West Brom on New Year's Day. Fanciful? It wasn't if you were watching it. Scoring 10 against Cardiff would not have been outrageous.

But that was the first hour. The final 30 minutes left us fearing that by reaching a zenith, Leeds had also reached a peak.

After scaling the mountain we wanted Leeds to stay there, but they couldn't even wait until full-time to start their journey down. Leeds being Leeds, it's impossible to tell how far Leeds plan on falling, or how soon they might rise again. It is nearly impossible to win eight consecutive games in the Championship so, in some ways, a draw on Saturday was normal. 1-1 would have been frustrating but mostly fine.

Just as Leeds don't do straightforward, though, they don't do normal, and the way they chucked away their three-goal lead didn't just raise doubts about the next game, it raised serious existential fears about the very meaning of life itself.

Not the sort of questions you want Scotty Parker to settle.

Thirty mad minutes on Saturday have turned the Fulham match into a question we didn't want to ask. Will Leeds play the good way at Craven Cottage – or the other way?

The days when we didn't know which Leeds United would turn up were supposed to have been settled by the recent form, but half-an-hour of jittery defending has brought the jitters back in a big way.

I guess, deep down, this is how we always feel. It might even have been reassuring to see that Leeds are still Leeds, after all, if we weren't so determined this season that Leeds won't keep being the Leeds of the last decade anymore.

But that was the plan last season, too. The Peacocks won seven in a row last winter, and looked unstoppable even when losing in stoppage time. Then they lost three of the next four. We know the rest.

With a 10-point gap to third place, Leeds could just about absorb a similar return against Fulham, Preston, Birmingham and West Brom – even if three of those four are our promotion rivals.

At least we wouldn't have to worry about our open- top bus filling up with snow as it paraded the title in February. But I'm not sure our fragile hearts could absorb three points from 12 over the so-called festive period, not after last season.

Cruising to promotion has never seriously been likely, although for a while in the first half on Saturday I was ready to tick off every remaining fixture as a win and start thinking about summer. Seriously, wouldn't it be nice?

Come back, Kiko! Get over here, Gjanni! Pascal, you just sit back down. Okay, so Fulham away is not a game in which Leeds United's brilliance can continue seamlessly as we wished.

But Leeds are all about challenges this season, and now this is another. Back on it, please, straight ahead, with no reversals. Don't let this be a turning point.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/latest-leeds-united-news/daniel-chapman-last-thing-leeds-united-fans-want-turning-point-please-dont-let-be-turning-point-1342895

WhiteJC

Fulham youngster wanted by AFC Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers and Northampton Town

According to a report from Football League World, Fulham's young goalkeeper Magnus Norman is wanted by League One duo AFC Wimbledon and Bristol Rovers, as well as League Two side Northampton Town.

In the upcoming January transfer window, it has been reported that Championship side Fulham could be willing to let young goalkeeper Magnus Norman leave the club on a permanent basis, with a number of Football League sides reportedly keen on bringing him in.

Norman is yet to make his first-team debut for the Cottagers despite being highly-rated by the club's academy, coming through their ranks and making his way into senior football. The 22-year-old has spent stints out on loan but his next move away from the club could be a permanent one.

League One pair AFC Wimbledon and Bristol Rovers are claimed to be keen on bringing Norman in during the January transfer window, with Northampton Town of League Two also reportedly interested in the 'keeper.

Norman's contract at Craven Cottage runs out at the end of the season despite only just signing a new deal with the club in the summer transfer window.

Norman came through the club's academy and got his first taste of senior football out on loan with Farnborough, also spending a season-long stint with Hayes and Yeading during the 2015/16 campaign. He spent the next season with Southport, playing 25 times for the club, keeping six clean sheets in the process.

Norman's first taste of the Football League came during a short loan spell with League One side Rochdale, playing 12 times in the first half of the 2018/19 season.

https://the72.co.uk/151869/fulham-youngster-wanted-by-afc-wimbledon-bristol-rovers-and-northampton-town/