watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was the penalty soft?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, December 21, 2019, 08:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artful Dodger

I thought it was half a penalty for handball as it looks like Mitro's knockback hits the top of the defenders arm as he jumps and half a penalty for a push, so the ref decided two halves make a whole and awarded the penalty!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Matt10

Arms extended fully, it was a push, and thus a penalty. It was clear as day. Reid didn't go down flailing theatrically, he just took absorbed the momentum.

While Leeds played dirty, they also played a bit theatrically as well. I'm not home, but the biggest fake dive was when Kemar Phillips steps and falls in the path of Reed...I think it was...and the ref called the foul. You can see clearly there is zero contact.

Pieter A’dam

Yes, deffo a penalty. Two hands in his back .... light or hard push, doesn't matter ... stupid from the defender too since the ball was flying over his head

Matt10

Quote from: Matt10 on December 23, 2019, 02:02:20 PM
Arms extended fully, it was a push, and thus a penalty. It was clear as day. Reid didn't go down flailing theatrically, he just took absorbed the momentum.

While Leeds played dirty, they also played a bit theatrically as well. I'm not home, but the biggest fake dive was when Kemar Phillips steps and falls in the path of Reed...I think it was...and the ref called the foul. You can see clearly there is zero contact.

Here's the one, it was Christie:

Invalid Tweet ID

Whitesideup

Quote from: Matt10 on December 23, 2019, 03:35:44 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 23, 2019, 02:02:20 PM

Here's the one, it was Christie:

Invalid Tweet ID
Cav gets booked for diving when there was definitely contact; Arter gets booked for diving  .. a bit after contact had been made, and for a second yellow at that; Leeds player - nothing! And when Bamford tripped Cearney to prevent a counter-attack, about 4 yards away from the ball - no yellow. Plus about another dozen incidents.  On the website it said there were only 4 yellow cards for Leeds - I thought I counted more - 6 I thought ... but maybe I got one the wrong way round, and ref decided to book one of us for being fouled.