watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is anyone else depressed?

Started by absenteeism, December 23, 2019, 10:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

absenteeism

Players bought, players sold. Games won, games lost.

Seemingly no reason why some players play well and others play poorly.

You can discuss tactics and expected goals until the cows come home but at the end of the day you are searching for an explanation to fit the result.

There is not a lot of cheer in Fulham these days. Our Academy utilises disgusting tactics in signing players. Our first team is overseen by nepotism.

I don't know any more.

The joy and spark has been lost for me.

grandad

Think you will find that for most of us lifelong fans there is always joy & a spark about supporting the Club. In my 66 years of supporting there have been fewer good times than poor but at the start of every season there has always been a great expectation that this is our year.

You really are a miserable WUM. You are never positive but as it is the season of goodwill I wish you a Merry Christmas.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

and let us hope we all have a very Happy New Year.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

absenteeism

Quote from: grandad on December 23, 2019, 10:12:45 PM
Think you will find that for most of us lifelong fans there is always joy & a spark about supporting the Club. In my 66 years of supporting there have been fewer good times than poor but at the start of every season there has always been a great expectation that this is our year.

You really are a miserable WUM. You are never positive but as it is the season of goodwill I wish you a Merry Christmas.

I am not a wum.

I rarely post.

I used to be twitter user Phil Magnus on twitter.

I ran a competition to give away the Fulham Juventus game on dvd and posted it for free to the winner.

I love Fulham but am fatigued. Very fatigued of football in general.

Happy Christmas to you

absenteeism

For those who can remember the Phil Magnus account.

That was a fake account but the fake account got good information even from TK himself.

I pretended to be on the FST board.

I don't know. The new stand is exciting.

Mr.Khan has his heart in the right place. And given the cultural climate I am so glad we have a "foreign" owner. However TK needs help. Hopefully David Moyes will accept the DOF position.

Lighthouse

I think I past being depressed at Fulham back in the days of Fulham Park Rangers. But I do understand that the spark and joy may have diminished a little. However without getting too morose or deep it is just a fact of modern life. You cling to the good moments and try not to let the bad moments make a hole in your week that is too large to fill.

However there is plenty of exciting things in Fulham to be excited about. The inconsistency of sport and especially Fulham is what makes it so additive. Life isn't a computer game and nor is Football. A player scoring and playing brilliantly one week is no guarantee he wont make a twit of himself and fall over in the tunnel and break his leg the next week.

At moments like this it is best to remember that we are all going to die soon so let's try and not take Fulham or football or life or what others say, too much to heart. Try and enjoy Fulham and not let the facts grind you down. We as a club are in a good place. Enjoy it as best you can. If the joy and spark has gone then take a break for a little while. You never know it may come again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Oakeshott

Not depressed at all. We are doing ok, I'm looking forward to seeing Hector play and maybe Josh Onomah is coming good. Could be an exciting 2020.

RaySmith

Fulham and football is my escape from  depression and anxiety.

I can totally lose myself in a Fulham game, and not think of all the 'jim-jams of this town, and everyone putting everyone else down', to quote Lou Reed from his song  Heroin. Even the conflicts amongst modern fans are a sort of escape from the real world i suppose, though i try to say clear of them, but I come on here though!

Listening to GJ,  watching live streams when available, and actually planning to go to some  games, then going to them , and really enjoying getting behind the team, losing myself in the moment -this is my escape and helps keeps me going. I look forward to the next game, and really miss it when there isn't one.

Taking part in sport is the other thing- running and cycling- training, and sometimes taking part in events. While you're doing these things, you have to focus on what you're doing, and the exercise also gives a  feel good factor, to do with chemicals in the body, and, if you feel able to  take part in events, this gives you goals, but exercise is still good,  even if you don't compete.

Fulham are actually doing well compared to  other times in their history anyway - and there is a lot to be  thankful for, being a Fulham fan at present.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on December 24, 2019, 06:01:59 AM
Fulham and football is my escape from  depression and anxiety.

I can totally lose myself in a Fulham game, and not think of all the 'jim-jams of this town, and everyone putting everyone else down', to quote Lou Reed from his song  Heroin. Even the conflicts amongst modern fans are a sort of escape from the real world i suppose, though i try to say clear of them, but I come on here though!

Listening to GJ,  watching live streams when available, and actually planning to go to some  games, then going to them , and really enjoying getting behind the team, losing myself in the moment -this is my escape and helps keeps me going. I look forward to the next game, and really miss it when there isn't one.

Taking part in sport is the other thing- running and cycling- training, and sometimes taking part in events. While you're doing these things, you have to focus on what you're doing, and the exercise also gives a  feel good factor, to do with chemicals in the body, and, if you feel able to  take part in events, this gives you goals, but exercise is still good,  even if you don't compete.

Fulham are actually doing well compared to  other times in their history anyway - and there is a lot to be  thankful for, being a Fulham fan at present.

Yes I have empathy with what you say. We have reached Christmas exactly halfway through our League Program and find ourselves in fourth place before the turn of the year. Competition is around the top six and below is fierce, and no opponents can be taken for granted.
But we are in good place and need to stay there now we are in a play off place.
Let's not worry about how others In the race do, until we play them. We just
need to keep on picking up points in every game and 3 is better that one, and one is better than none.
Who knows we may
Just catch the top two, but the initial target has to be play off at this stage.
To ensure that we must make Craven Cottage a fortress, as I am
confident that Fulham are capable of winning on any ground away from
home. Interesting to see Hector at some stage, and any other recruits to swell the ranks, and Make sure we start the new year and beyond firing on all cylinders.

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

I concur with Wooly, but also Craven Cottage is the field of dreams and its the best place in the world to watch a game. Fulham fans are renowned for banter and humour, we need to keep that  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Believe you me there have been a lot worse times than the present for Fulham fans, be positive.
We are in a play off spot
We have had a lot worse managers than Scott Parker
We have the top striker in the Championship
We have the best play maker in the Championship
We have a new championship proven centre back ready to start in January
We have a new keeper who is looking promising
we have a new modern stand coming out of the ground.

Merry Christmas to all.

Southdowns White

I have been attending since 1975 with many seasons not missing a game, I have visited at the last count about 75 away grounds. Some of this time spent watching some truly awful football, it never bothered me too Much, I do get fed up with the hype surrounding football these days, much of the rubbish written bares no relationship to the reality. Just look at this season, we have not been very good despite sitting in the play off places, yet you can still read about our team being filled with premiership players and how we make it tough for any team playing us. Stop reading the hype and watch the football on the pitch, be pleasantly surprised by games like the Leeds match. I personally think Parker and our current squad have been pushing in the wrong direction, will I be there next Sunday? Yes, hopefully Parker will prove me wrong again and we will move forward onto better things. Happy New Year everyone.

Whitesideup

Just beat Leeds in our last game in a cracking match. No, not depressed at all. But if we lose to Luton... :012: :012:

Supporting Fulham is a bit mercurial ... but you have to have bad days and in a way they only make the good days better.

Logicalman

If I ever feel down about the club and it's fortunes, it cheers me up to think what it would be like to be a QPR or Brentford fan over the past few decades!  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

keithh

Don't worry too much, we're going to slaughter Luton 4-0

Moltobueno

Considering yourself depressed because your team hasn't won every game by half season? And on christmas? Wow

Whitesideup

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: keithh on December 26, 2019, 01:01:36 PM
Don't worry too much, we're going to slaughter Luton 4-0

No we are not your arrogance is beyond the pale.

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

I haven't been enjoying watch us play this season truth be told. Much like last season, we came out of pre season super positive only to be let down massively. Sadly, we're seeing the same this year. I really hoped we'd do a Newcastle and have a good year and bounce back but alas, we are Fulham and we don't do things properly anymore. I thought I'd enjoy this season, but nope, really struggling with it. Painful to watch, painful to look at table and see how far behind we are, painful to not know what side will show up this week, painful to watch such school boy error defending giving teams goals like it's a charity.

Ah well. Onto next game.

ffc73

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 26, 2019, 10:16:12 PM
I haven't been enjoying watch us play this season truth be told. Much like last season, we came out of pre season super positive only to be let down massively. Sadly, we're seeing the same this year. I really hoped we'd do a Newcastle and have a good year and bounce back but alas, we are Fulham and we don't do things properly anymore. I thought I'd enjoy this season, but nope, really struggling with it. Painful to watch, painful to look at table and see how far behind we are, painful to not know what side will show up this week, painful to watch such school boy error defending giving teams goals like it's a charity.

Ah well. Onto next game.

This  :plus one: