watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Years ago in the Hammersmith End

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, December 26, 2019, 01:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Well before seating was introduced, and we still have concrete terracing, there used to be this woman who attended most home games, mainly stood behind the goal, on her own, was a bit nuts, used to spend the whole game muttering and shouting stuff like "come on Shaun", "well done Clive" "Get em' Gordon"...

I'm talking about when the likes of Shaun Gore played for us, Clive Walker, Gordon Davies etc, so could of been late 80's early 90's perhaps?

At the time, the woman would've been mid 40's maybe early 50', slim in figure? Something clearly not right with her, so, please be careful with your replies, but did anyone know who this was? Does she still go? Is she related to anyone?

Jims Dentist

Those were the days for Fulham Character's
There were so many.
My favourite that I had stood around for so many years was ERNIE Welch.
He and his audience stood just below The Green Pole.
He was older than those around him, frequently got players names wrong, came out with unlikely,unbelievable stories, and was just so loud.
When the games were full (often) he was an entertainment in himself.
However extreme he was at times, it was a pleasure to know him.
Does anyone have any memories of Ernie?

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on December 26, 2019, 01:06:52 PM
Well before seating was introduced, and we still have concrete terracing, there used to be this woman who attended most home games, mainly stood behind the goal, on her own, was a bit nuts, used to spend the whole game muttering and shouting stuff like "come on Shaun", "well done Clive" "Get em' Gordon"...

I'm talking about when the likes of Shaun Gore played for us, Clive Walker, Gordon Davies etc, so could of been late 80's early 90's perhaps?

At the time, the woman would've been mid 40's maybe early 50', slim in figure? Something clearly not right with her, so, please be careful with your replies, but did anyone know who this was? Does she still go? Is she related to anyone?

😂😂 I remember her well. Brother & I would stand right at the front of the Hammersmith end when we were young kids. We'd be right next to her & we used to have a bit of a laugh as children do.
There used to be a bloke right near her who looked like a cross between Count Dracula, Anthony Quinn & Ray Reardon with jet black slicked back hair. He had this matchstick in his mouth & would spend the whole game giggling to himself, used to give us the creeps

filham

Those men with strong voices that could easily be heard above the crowd were real characters who kept us amused quite regularly.
One of my favourites was when Jimmy Hill with his new black beard was giving instructions to George Cohen and the voice from the Crowd said " listen carefully Cohen and do as the Rabbi tells you". I am sure jimmy must have heard.

Mince n Tatties

Funniest thing I can remember happening in the H end was we scored, and there was a guy who suffered from dwarfism in a Hibernian top cheering the goal,he was standing right at top behind me.
To this day I still wonder if I was hallucinating.😵