watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anybody can beat anybody in the Championship

Started by davew, December 29, 2019, 06:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Look at todays results most of them not going with form or league positions, at least we just managed a win!  :54:

Reading will fancy their chances on New Years Day, I wouldn´t write them off causing an upset.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

colinwhite

But then again Dave  you never seem to fancy us against any team !

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 29, 2019, 06:37:51 PM
Look at todays results most of them not going with form or league positions, at least we just managed a win!  :54:

Reading will fancy their chances on New Years Day, I wouldn´t write them off causing an upset.

Exactly there are no dead certs in any match, pressure, tension, fine margins, motivation, confidence or lack of, each team with its own system of play, poor refereeing, errors and goalkeeping saves that border on the miraculous. That is why English football is the most watched and admired in the world.
It's a 11 v 11 most of the time and everyone is fighting for their lives to go up or stay up. Managers want to safeguard their jobs as most owners and the odd son will knee jerk and use the manager as a scapegoat to cover their own shortcomings. These are the same people who hire and then fire the person of THEIR choice, who are they accountable to ? That is why these managers will send their troops out to run through a brick wall.
So be rest assured it is unwise to forecast any result, as your guess and my guess is as good as a Rocking Horses guess.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: colinwhite on December 29, 2019, 07:22:11 PM
But then again Dave  you never seem to fancy us against any team !
Not true Colin though it might appear that way! There have been a lot of matches I have fancied us winning (most actually inspite of what I write on the forum) including Leeds, lost a lot of money this season betting on my team, I never bet against us! Leeds was 1 I got right! When we support Fulham it is best to expect the worst, can´t take anything for granted!

colinwhite

Ok Dave . no offence intended. I cope with it by being optimistic.Its been frustrating at times so far but i fancy us to go up.Ive got money on it in fact !

davew

Quote from: colinwhite on December 29, 2019, 08:34:55 PM
Ok Dave . no offence intended. I cope with it by being optimistic.Its been frustrating at times so far but i fancy us to go up.Ive got money on it in fact !
No offence taken Colin!! I too am optimistic but I don´t share it or rarely display it on the forum, might sound strange but it is the way I am. Good luck with your bet, should have been a dead cert, but as we know there are no such things! 

Lighthouse

Despite ourselves, most fans want to be in the Prem but actually enjoy the Championship more. Both as a spectacle and the fact that no result is guaranteed. We can always improve and we can always make comments about how to make that happen. The only downside is the constant moaning and attacks on players and performance. I understand frustrations but we really don't have any right to beat anybody in this league whatever some believe is the best squad in the league.

It is an exciting league to be a part of and so far we are hanging in the play off places. Fun to be a part of.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 29, 2019, 08:46:47 PM
Despite ourselves, most fans want to be in the Prem but actually enjoy the Championship more. Both as a spectacle and the fact that no result is guaranteed. We can always improve and we can always make comments about how to make that happen. The only downside is the constant moaning and attacks on players and performance. I understand frustrations but we really don't have any right to beat anybody in this league whatever some believe is the best squad in the league.

It is an exciting league to be a part of and so far we are hanging in the play off places. Fun to be a part of.
Well said Lighthouse!

FFC1987

It's the level of expectation difference though. When in Prem, I don't really (or didn't last year) 'expect' to beat anyone. This year in championship, I do. We should be beating more teams than we have done this year and we don't by right, should have that, but our team/squad is capable of it. We've proven it. Its the inconsistency I personally take issue with. Its a tough league sure, but there's so many games this year we either didn't turn up for, or just didn't close the game out. Fine margins, but the promotion is the finer margin and we're still not quite at the level I think we should be in.

davew

FFC1987 a very good post also at least my thread has brought out some sensible views!

Lighthouse

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 29, 2019, 08:50:19 PM

It's the level of expectation difference though. When in Prem, I don't really (or didn't last year) 'expect' to beat anyone. This year in championship, I do. We should be beating more teams than we have done this year and we don't by right, should have that, but our team/squad is capable of it. We've proven it. Its the inconsistency I personally take issue with. Its a tough league sure, but there's so many games this year we either didn't turn up for, or just didn't close the game out. Fine margins, but the promotion is the finer margin and we're still not quite at the level I think we should be in.

After last seasons uneven squad I think some fans may have been a bit too confident. As for inconsistency? When was the last time a Fulham side was consistent? Even in the season we were promoted we were poor first half of the season and record breaking the second. How many times have we complained about one half being great and another being poor. Fulham sides have been like this for many seasons now. Parker has made some good and bad tactical decisions. Players who have been mauled by fans in games are suddenly praised. No wonder we are inconsistent. But who is to blame for that? We seem to want to blame the manager but that doesn't always fit the facts.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 29, 2019, 08:50:19 PM

Given the result today, lowly Boro going to the Hawthorns and netting 2 without reply, Reading at Preston, Cardiff at Wednesday, I  can see many Brom fans saying exactly the same thing, and with Leeds scraping through at Brum after conceding 4, following their loss to us last week, cracks are appearing in their armour as well.
Look at all the top 8 teams today and the results and tell me how we should have won anything over and above those teams? They are asking themselves the same questions and, apart from the top two, the rest are looking upwards knowing those can be beaten, so how are we so different?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

KJS

At last a thread on here that talks sense👍