watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Knockart fans/haters

Started by Sammyffc, December 30, 2019, 09:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Quinzel

I'm assuming OP is young. 'Haters' doesn't really mean 'to hate' in the way that most of us would know it. Closer to doubters in terms of its meaning.

Anyway, point of the post - He's doing better. He was out of form. I really like the work rate he has going both ways, but he frustrates me in how often his decision is often the wrong one. When he gets the his first thought is often to dribble at someone, great, but he gets his head down sometimes. He is the typical 'winger' that we have all played with and watched for years I guess!

Skatzoffc

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 30, 2019, 02:11:58 PM
I think the OP's use of the word "hating" is wrong and misleading!
There are always a few who will never see any good in some players and others who give their support grudgingly.

But to say a player is hated is over stepping the mark.

If extreme and offensive words are used when discussing a players merits, then I suggest its due to the posters lack of ability to make the point otherwise and not worth reading.

It's a modern term Bill.
lt's not meant literally.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

ALG01

Quote from: Logicalman on December 30, 2019, 11:38:32 AM
To the last question concerning watching live and watching on TV, I believe there is a difference, but not as much as some people may make out.

Yes, being at the stadium you have the opportunity to see the players running off the ball, as long as you're not watching the players on the ball, and the reverse is the same for those watching on TV, as the coverage tends to follow the ball, and depending on whether the camerman pans out or in, then the opportunity to see those running off the ball is more limited.

Overall though, I do tend to see more incidents of a match from the TV coverage than I do from the terraces, perhaps where you sit/stand in the ground makes a huge difference as well (a bird's eye view may be better for seeing the whole game compared to the front row pitch-side), but, and it goes without saying, there is NOTHING in this world better than being at the Cottage to watch games, after 55 years of supporting the club, i still get that tingle in my spine when I enter the ground, and the emotion of seeing the players on the pitch and that beats everything outside of family.

I watch mainly in the stadium but we all watch on TV. being there is the proper experience if you can manage it. on TV you can see the close up of individual incidents lie a push or a ball crossing the line, at the game you see the whole pattern of play and who is trying and who is lazy, whether the shape of the team is right or whether there are massive holes in the middle of our midfield because the manager plays TC way to advanced to be even slightly as effective as he could be when sitting deeper.

in the ground you feel the arrogance or anxiety and can see the players push too far forward or drop rtoo far back. i will nearly always take the opinion of somebody in the ground over what we can see on a remote screen, providing that person is knowledgable and not biased.

of course we cannot all get to the game in the ground so the invention of TV and now the 'net has made the second best option really brilliant and in the end if fulham win we are all happy!

Twig

Quote from: 70sPimlico on December 30, 2019, 11:07:32 PM
Quote from: Twig on December 30, 2019, 10:58:06 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on December 30, 2019, 10:07:42 PM
There are always a few who will never see any good in some players and others who give their support grudgingly.

If extreme and offensive words are used when discussing a players merits, then I suggest its due to the posters lack of ability to make the point otherwise and not worth reading.

Don't read it then ? , my gosh grow up. Its a figure of speech, i don't literally mean ' hate ' . If people took everything as literal as you make out then the world might as well crash and burn already.

Also, it shows your attitude by commenting on my post to just.. talk poo ? . Its cute. If you don't have anything to add about the topic then just move on to another post. Pretty simple in a forum setting. Watch some youtube tutorials regarding how to not comment on posts you don't like.

Actually I thought it was a poor choice of words too. Hate is a powerful word to describe extreme emotions/ opinions.  I haven't come across a single Knock hater.

What about a "Knock Knocker"?

Perfect

Twig

Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 31, 2019, 10:20:04 AM

It's a modern term Bill.
lt's not meant literally.

I dunno, the youf of today. Bit of attitude like an all.

Lighthouse

There was an unknown player we bought from a Welsh amateur team. Played a few games didn't look great. Then was replaced or rested and given a bit of time to adjust. Then came back into the first team and had a long a distinguished goal scoring career with us.

While I am not suggesting it works every time. But often a few games away from the first eleven. Does improve a players performance once he has a chance to appear in a run of games.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

The word ' hate' as defined in the English Oxford Colin's Dictionary is defined as " intense or passionate dislike and hostility, detest and loathing, distaste, abomination, antipathy.
An aversion, enmity usually deriving from fear anger or sense of injury ".
Which begs me to ask the question, what has all that got to do with playing a game of Association Football.
If it was stated that I hate going to the dentist, or I hate my piles, or I hate eating my sprouts I can understand the term.
Otherwise it's a strong word to describe your feelings for a footballer who wears a FULHAM shirt.
Unless of course he has burgled you're house, burnt your stamp collection, written off your car and ran away with your wife under his arm, and emptied your bank account.  I could then understand someone using the word hate.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Knockheart always gives 100% for the team and deserves to have the full support of the fans.
However we are still waiting for that match winning performance from the wing. Rarely see him beat the full back , especially on the outside . His crossing, although a lot better against Stoke, is not always good. He suggests he will score goals but has only managed two this season.

The two wide positions have to be given to Cavy and Reid but Kamara and Knock provide good cover,

Justme

'Hating on' is just an American slang term for criticizing. So not too strong a term for the OP to use - just lost a bit in translation

HV71

What about a "Knock Knocker"?

Perfect

Perfect indeed though I do worry about the phrase -

Knockhart has knockers'  -