watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Extended Highlights - only 4.37

Started by Fulham1959, December 31, 2019, 03:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

How is 4 mins 37 secs "Extended Highlights" ?  With replays of goals and incidents, we see very little of match play.

We get a choice of 2 mins, 5 mins, or 90 mins.  Surely 10-15 minutes would be a better offering as a 'medium ' choice.

filham

Yes I agree the extended highlights for the Soke game seemed short. The failure to show any of that continual pressure we were under for the last twenty minutes was wrong as it gave the false impression to viewers that we walked away with the match.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on December 31, 2019, 12:46:44 PM
Yes I agree the extended highlights for the Soke game seemed short. The failure to show any of that continual pressure we were under for the last twenty minutes was wrong as it gave the false impression to viewers that we walked away with the match.

But the highlights, even the extended ones, usually only show actual chances created as well as goals, red cards etc. Stoke hardly created a real chance during the whole second half (something that many seem to fail to acknowledge when talking about our defence). Not many highlights to derive from them pumping the ball towards our penalty area and we clearing it.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 31, 2019, 01:20:16 PM
Quote from: filham on December 31, 2019, 12:46:44 PM

But the highlights, even the extended ones, usually only show actual chances created as well as goals, red cards etc. Stoke hardly created a real chance during the whole second half (something that many seem to fail to acknowledge when talking about our defence). Not many highlights to derive from them pumping the ball towards our penalty area and we clearing it.
In another thread you made the point about the midfield not always being the best defensively, and that maybe the defence does not deserve some of the very harsh criticism they come in for - a very fair point in my view. (And that does not mean we are saying they are great, or of Premier league standard, or that we haven't given away too many goals, just they are better than some give them credit for.)

And maybe the second half against a robust Stoke team illustrates the point, especially as our structure and set-up had been adversely affected by substitutions. And the relevance to this topic is that yes, I am struggling to recall Stoke creating opportunities worthy of inclusion in the highlights. Not our best half of football (I think we can all agree on that) but one in which the defence stuck to their task and did well.

But I also agree just over 4 minutes is a bit meagre.