more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A New Year Wish.

Started by bobby01, December 30, 2019, 10:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcne

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on December 31, 2019, 10:07:54 AM
This is one of the calmest and measured messageboards available, especially for sport! I wouldn't worry.

Exactly.

Twig

I couldn't agree more. I have absolutely no problem with posters criticising; players, the manager or the clubs's leadership. But I do feel that there has been an increasing tendency this year for posts the be presented in such a way that they brook no argument.  I dislike some of the sarcasm and aggression, I find it rather sad.

colinwhite

Happy new year one and all ! Come on fulham!

RaySmith

Quote from: colinwhite on December 31, 2019, 02:30:19 PM
Happy new year one and all ! Come on fulham!

0001.jpeg

Yes, seconded, let's all get behind Scotty and the players in the coming  New Year. :clap_hands:
082.gif
049:gif

Sting of the North

I agree with the spirit of this thread, and would have hoped the thread would not be used as yet another opportunity at having a dig at other posters. Surely that is contrary to said spirit. I assume that is not the intention of the posters, but the best time for reflection is always now.

If one agrees with the message in the OP, then a good start might be to cut everybody a clean slate and try to let go of grudges (petty or justified alike). After all, you only control your own contribution on here.

Happy new year!

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 31, 2019, 02:38:27 PM
I agree with the spirit of this thread, and would have hoped the thread would not be used as yet another opportunity at having a dig at other posters. Surely that is contrary to said spirit. I assume that is not the intention of the posters, but the best time for reflection is always now.

If one agrees with the message in the OP, then a good start might be to cut everybody a clean slate and try to let go of grudges (petty or justified alike). After all, you only control your own contribution on here.

Happy new year!

Fair point, but in my defence, my post was early in the thread, before it was clear what its path or 'spirit' would be.

Since then, it seems to have evolved such that we all say "no hard feelings" and hope it doesn't happen again, which is fair enough.

But at the time I posted, it was at least as likely and reasonable that the thread would be more about 'lessons learned', where people say what offends them so we can all try to avoid doing that, or even calling out behaviour that's 'wrong'. That seems, after all, to be the tone taken in the OP.

It was in that spirit I apologised for my own 'wrong' language but I'd be equally keen to point out other things that I feel are causing arguments, specifically where people are told their views are less objective, reasoned and fair-minded than another poster's, rather like telling a female poster she's only complaining about the tactics because it's her time of the month or something

Perhaps it was harsh to name another poster, but the point would have been hard to make without examples.

Anyway, no hard feelings to anyone either way, and happy new year

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on December 31, 2019, 03:58:00 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on December 31, 2019, 02:38:27 PM

Happy new year!

Fair point, but in my defence, my post was early in the thread, before it was clear what its path or 'spirit' would be.

Since then, it seems to have evolved such that we all say "no hard feelings" and hope it doesn't happen again, which is fair enough.

But at the time I posted, it was at least as likely and reasonable that the thread would be more about 'lessons learned', where people say what offends them so we can all try to avoid doing that, or even calling out behaviour that's 'wrong'. That seems, after all, to be the tone taken in the OP.

It was in that spirit I apologised for my own 'wrong' language but I'd be equally keen to point out other things that I feel are causing arguments, specifically where people are told their views are less objective, reasoned and fair-minded than another poster's, rather like telling a female poster she's only complaining about the tactics because it's her time of the month or something

Perhaps it was harsh to name another poster, but the point would have been hard to make without examples.

082.gif :plus one:

Whitesideup

Lighthouse

A happy New Year to us all.

We have opinions, we have WUMS on here looking to wind people up and wanting reactions. They appear everywhere. Some of us don't post as much as we did but still read the posts. But we all support or are fans of the best club in the land. We have put up with much over the years but have had plenty of good times as well. Whenever we are drawn into a pointless argument as opposed to a decent debate. Remember we are all on the same side in the end. We want the best for the club.

Good luck and keep posting.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

gezkc

Quote from: Statto on December 31, 2019, 03:58:00 PM

:plus one:  082.gif

HV71

The spirit of this post is to be revered and hopefully remembered. We are a family - we have our disagreements and upsets but we must come together united in the cause. COYW !!!