https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan very quiet

Started by absenteeism, January 01, 2020, 06:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Quote from: toshes mate on January 02, 2020, 12:15:45 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on January 02, 2020, 10:45:27 AM
With this squad, it is my opinion we would be well clear of the pack by now.  Parker is showing inexperience and unwillingness to be pragmatic, it is bound to end in tears but not having a professional giving all his time to a full time post is the underlying issue. Until TK is replaced we will struggle to achieve what we did with MAF who knew how to do things rather than focus on his PR.
TK doesn't require his DoF post to remain an important person on the board since he is co-owner and Vice Chair, but much of the effectiveness of the post he would relinqish lies in the ability of the person appointed for the role.  That point has been made by others on here looking at the history of the Khan era, and it isn't easy to find people who are genuinely successful at leveraging an extra something from the coaching and recruitment regimes.  What we do know is that we must become a more attractive proposition to all players from youngsters to seniors and I do feel that, under Parker, we have slipped back several notches.  But is that down to the head coach or a general malaise that has afflicted the Club for reasons unknown since ownership changed?  Promotion under SJ could be said to have been fortuitous since the play offs are a noted lottery and had SJ won that last match at Birmingham would have been unnecessary anyway.   

I certainly believe that supporters sound much more convincing in their appreciation of a team when that team is playing well even if not winning games.  This season I have not felt comfortable once about this team (even after the Millwall game) because that certain something has been as missing now as it was under Ranieri.  We have simply slipped back to being the same old FFC under the Khans, just with fancier sounding names than we encountered for most of the time under Jokanovic.   We really need to start breeding 'stars' out of ordinariness that other teams want to buy as we did with Jokanovic.  We need inspiration somewhere behind the scenes and it isn't coming from existing personnel.   Jokanovic upset things in a good way whereas Parker has taken us back to the mire, IMO.

I would also suggest that mid-season change seldom helps to eliminate deep seated issues and so perhaps a much more profound look at the whole set up and existing personnel may be required.

wilst i agree, unfortunately the people doing the looking are not qualified and clearly have no idea what they are doing or what is needed. MAF immediately got Keegan and that set the ball roling. I have seen suggested Hoddle should come in not to manage but to take charge of the overall football, i.e. DoF type role. Somebody like him seems a good idea (although as a pundit I do not rate him for his bland delivery).

FulhamStu

Get Big Sam in, he would sort Things out.  And yes, I am serious.