watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Inverted wingers

Started by bahay18, January 02, 2020, 05:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bahay18

This has been talked about a lot this season but Reading showed the value of cutting the ball back from the dead ball line into the path of on running forwards .

Every time knockhaert or cav turns inside they are met with a packed goal mouth and defenders with the backs to goal , so much easier to defend . Knockhaert looked so dangerous when he popped up for 10 mins on the left against.  And the moment cav decided to go down the outside and cross with his left foot Mitro gets a header on goal .

If you want to play inverted then they need to get quick shots away as Cav has shown this year . This cutting back on to the stronger foot slows it all down , strikers are standing still and defenders are set hence 40 crosses yesterday and only 7 met by Fulham , compared to 4/7 for Reading

Jims Dentist

Quote from: bahay18 on January 02, 2020, 05:55:50 PM
This has been talked about a lot this season but Reading showed the value of cutting the ball back from the dead ball line into the path of on running forwards .

Every time knockhaert or cav turns inside they are met with a packed goal mouth and defenders with the backs to goal , so much easier to defend . Knockhaert looked so dangerous when he popped up for 10 mins on the left against.  And the moment cav decided to go down the outside and cross with his left foot Mitro gets a header on goal .

If you want to play inverted then they need to get quick shots away as Cav has shown this year . This cutting back on to the stronger foot slows it all down , strikers are standing still and defenders are set hence 40 crosses yesterday and only 7 met by Fulham , compared to 4/7 for Reading

So right Bahay.
This has been my hobbyhourse for this season and no doubt people are tired of me banging on about it.
However, the inverted wingers are so clearly not working, yet SP continues to go with them.
This is especially the case with Knocky.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 03, 2020, 06:49:18 PM
Quote from: bahay18 on January 02, 2020, 05:55:50 PM

So right Bahay.
This has been my hobbyhourse for this season and no doubt people are tired of me banging on about it.
However, the inverted wingers are so clearly not working, yet SP continues to go with them.
This is especially the case with Knocky.

A proper DOF would see this and act appropriately.

bahay18

The goal last night once again showed the benefit of a ball whipped in from the left by a left footer , so much harder to defend against. ball in that corridor of uncertainty between keeper and defenders .That leaves defenders having to clear facing their own goal , none of them want to touch it .

fulhamben

Yes I'm not a fan of it, didn't even like it when duff used to do it. But it has helped us of late with goals from cav and knockaert
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.