watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Another decade begins.

Started by bog, January 01, 2020, 09:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Happy New year to all the Fulham Brethren. Another decade begins, for me and many others on here this is our 9th. Anybody on 10? There has been much angst on here in recent months, the bottom line is that we all love Fulham and all have different opinions so we should respect each other's. Those who were a brick in the White Wall on that unforgettable day at Wembley, and all others, may have expected better things in the premier, I did, but we are a force back in the toughest league to leave vertically immediately again.   
Us old sods recall the pre-Al Fayed days and bad times further back, I am loving our recent times, but there again I have loved very minute, including the regular heartaches and disappointments   since 1953. COYW!     049:gif

Today will be hard game, Reading are on the up, there are always odd results around Christmas, footballers are not robots, there have been a lot of games played in a short time, we have to be 100% behind them even if we are little off beam. COYW! 049:gif 

092.gif

filham

Nice post Bog and happy new year to all.
Yes we have seen worse days and I am looking forward to the reset of the season with a degree of hope.
Lets get right behind the team this afternoon, a win would generate the confidence we need to stay in the promotion race.

SG

Am soon to enter my 8th decade and it is 62 years and counting of following the whites. Missing the game as in Capetown for the cricket. Will be nervously following from afar like a child. Ridiculous at my age to be nervous about games especially if we are one up but nothing changes

georgiajohn

67 years and counting, was taken to my first game in 1953, nothing as changed, Fulham seem to still win when you least expect it, and lose when you dont. Cannot remember what year it was, it was in the old first division, we won just after Christmas at the cottage and were flying high, papers were saying highest position we had ever had. We went up to Bramell Lane to play Sheff UTD we all thought this team is going to do something special this season, stuffed us 4 - 0, we got back on the train with our tails between our legs, but that is all part of being a Fulham fan, just like today.

Dr Know

bog

Quote from: Dr Know on January 04, 2020, 07:52:57 AM
New decade starts 1st January 2021 !

Dr Know does just that! Good point! I stand corrected! And I miscounted my decades! It is the 8th. Dear oh dear. I actually match Georgiajohn ad agree on all points!  :54:

092.gif

Sting of the North

Quote from: Dr Know on January 04, 2020, 07:52:57 AM
New decade starts 1st January 2021 !

As there is no official right or wrong when it comes to decades as far as I know, maybe we should just assume that the OP uses the cardinal range for defining decades? That also happens to be the most commonly (not scientifically) used definition as far as I know.

Dr Know

As their was no year 0 , the decade starts year 1 to year 10 , therefore 2011 to 2020 , at least I think that's how it's worked out !

Sting of the North

Quote from: Dr Know on January 04, 2020, 08:32:53 AM
As their was no year 0 , the decade starts year 1 to year 10 , therefore 2011 to 2020 , at least I think that's how it's worked out !

Yes, that's when you count ordinally (I think it's called). Many more scientifically inclined people is in favor of this because of there being no year zero (another debate could of course be held on the belief that it is all incorrectly dated to begin with). Similarly, that's why many official statements from various organizations on when the new millennia actually started said that it was January 1, 2001.

There is however as I said no official right or wrong when it comes to decades, but the average person seem to assume it is when the second to last digit changes (e.g. from 1 to 2, or 2019 to 2020).

I suggest we celebrate twice, meaning both this an next year!

:wine:

bog

Apparently when signing the date now, on legal matters especially, ie 12/1/20 this can be forged to 12/1/2015 or the like with any numbers making up the last two. No doubt some scumbags will be thinking up some scam based on this.

092.gif